At Least 14 Shot Dead In Cinema In Denver

In terms of carrying out random massacres, it's up there.

Just when the shooting and stuff kicks off on screen, hit them with gas & bullets.

The confusion as to whether it's real or special effects should give you the leeway to shoot a few more before you're 'taken down'.

Very clever indeed.

yes, indeed. more guns will prevent this kind of tragedy from happening again. :ThumbsDown:

Colorado has seen a 43% increase in gun permits since the shooting. James Holmes was using a legally purchased assault rifle, that could hold 100 rounds. i can't believe an assault rifle is within the meaning of the right to bear arms. and i can't foresee why someone would need a 100 rounds to protect their home or family.

gun control. yes or no? and would you be considering buying yourself a gun if you'd had this happen nearby? for the record, i wouldn't.

Being perfectly honest; I would love one of those assault rifles and wouldn't have a problem with all my neighbours having one, the cases like Denver are extremely rare.

I admire the American law where you can kill a burglar and not be charged for it, the laws regarding that are fucked up in our Country, the farmer who killed the gypo in his house got years in jail, that can't be right.

A big gun would be handy for lots of things, shooting rabbits and cans, shooting birds for supper etc...

Being perfectly honest; I would love one of those assault rifles and wouldn't have a problem with all my neighbours having one, the cases like Denver are extremely rare.

I admire the American law where you can kill a burglar and not be charged for it, the laws regarding that are fucked up in our Country, the farmer who killed the gypo in his house got years in jail, that can't be right.

A big gun would be handy for lots of things, shooting rabbits and cans, shooting birds for supper etc...

It's handy all right.

My brother-in-law's brother shot his 12-year-old son through the head by accident. It was a hunting accident, but it couldn't have happened without access to a gun. That YT news piece suggests something like 48,000 Americans will die due to guns (more exactly, the people holding them) in the next four years. There will always be people with rifles and shotguns for hunting. But you don't need an assault rifle, ffs. :ThumbsDown: IMO.

They must prevent an awful lot of crime though, you'd think twice about burgling a house if you knew the owner had a gun and it was legal for him to use it against you.

i don't think so though. look at crime stats in the states. i don't think it stops a lot of people from trying. they're hoping either that someone doesn't have one, or that they're going to be quicker/better shot with theirs before someone can get to theirs.

and i expect unless you're well-trained with your firearm, you're more likely to miss the burglar when firing. or hit someone/something you didn't intend.

They must prevent an awful lot of crime though, you'd think twice about burgling a house if you knew the owner had a gun and it was legal for him to use it against you.

and they probably create some crime too. how many young loons would think twice about knocking over a petrol station or shop, if they didn't have a weapon? but all of a sudden they've got a gun and feel they're unstoppable?

meh. i'd take a country with fewer guns myself. at least fewer hand guns and assault weapons.