What Are You Having For Your Lunch?

tup

Tomato pasta sauce min.

LGIR should be forced to prove her pictures are real IMO.

well if i uncrop that photo you'll see the kitchen countertop is the same one in all my photos.. a very light pattern to it. alternatively, you can come for a visit, and i'll cook you lunch. but it's a pretty good trek for a bowl of pasta. :happy:

I had my typical non-Friday* lunch today, comprising:

- tub of home-made soup

- tin of mackerel in tomato sauce (I alternate between mackerel and sardines)

- 1 bag of mulipack crisps (Cheese and Onion today)

- banana and an orange

- 1 litre of sparkling, flavoured water

(*on Fridays, I default to the standard fish, chips and peas from the canteen. They now offer pickled onions with it).

You seem continually disappointed by the fare on offer from the Poundvan DT min.

Is there a £2 van you could upgrade to?

Times are tough, just trying to keep the wolf from the door, when the Oil price recovers it will be Cloggy time again, proper food, for the moment I'm cutting the cloth, hard times.

Did anyone ever have a roll and crisps for lunch, when at school?

We used to do that, buy a roll and a bag of 10p crisps (typically Bikers) from one of the Ice-cream Vans which parked nearby and then put the crisps on the roll. Instant lunch. I remember having it once or twice, not the most filling or nutritious lunch.

No wonder we are such a stunted and unhealthy race!

Did anyone ever have a roll and crisps for lunch, when at school?

We used to do that, buy a roll and a bag of 10p crisps (typically Bikers) from one of the Ice-cream Vans which parked nearby and then put the crisps on the roll. Instant lunch. I remember having it once or twice, not the most filling or nutritious lunch.

No wonder we are such a stunted and unhealthy race!

I had free school meals, we were poor, you couldn't beat the school fare, always sponge and custard for dessert, was lovely.

I had my typical non-Friday* lunch today, comprising:

- tub of home-made soup

- tin of mackerel in tomato sauce (I alternate between mackerel and sardines)

- 1 bag of mulipack crisps (Cheese and Onion today)

- banana and an orange

- 1 litre of sparkling, flavoured water

(*on Fridays, I default to the standard fish, chips and peas from the canteen. They now offer pickled onions with it).

Are you Catholic?

You've never said.

• Upvote 1

I had free school meals, we were poor, you couldn't beat the school fare, always sponge and custard for dessert, was lovely.

I was always jealous of the schools meals kids - they would be eating lunch within mins of leaving class (whereas others had to walk home and back) and so would then have most of the lunch hour to play football / run about etc.

I mind once in Primary 2 I got mixed up and went for a free school lunch, (which I wasnt actually entitled to), but was supposed to be going to my grans for lunch. I just went to my grans after it and had two lunches that day - result.

Are you Catholic?

You've never said.

I remember once trying to pretend to be a Catholic to a taxi driver in Edinburgh so that we could access a 'fenian discount' we'd seen someone else get a few weeks previously.

Needless to say he did not take our request for a fenian discount seriously.