Jason Brown

Free transfer with no pay off due?

Suspect theyve paid up his contract and made the minimal saving on national insurance of paying an employee lump sum rather than salary

but you'd like to think when he got arrested at his work they'd have said right mate we can easy sack you here but then we'll be stuck for a keeper so we'll keep you on till end of January then you will walk without severance. however that is far too nasty for how afc mis run themselves

This will add fuel to the fire that we're going to bring in a new goalkeeper before the transfer window shuts! Or will we just go with the young lad as backup till the end of the season?

For what it's worth, I didn't particularly rate Brown. He was a very average goalkeeper... however, average is something Langfield could only ever aspire to!

Some of the comments regarding Langfield being the better goalkeeper make me laugh! Have these people watched Aberdeen over the past few seasons? Clangers has been our Achilles heel for the past few years. Brown was nothing special, but he's never let anyone down in the way that Langfield does on a consistent basis.

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 2

This will add fuel to the fire that we're going to bring in a new goalkeeper before the transfer window shuts! Or will we just go with the young lad as backup till the end of the season?

For what it's worth, I didn't particularly rate Brown. He was a very average goalkeeper... however, average is something Langfield could only ever aspire to!

Some of the comments regarding Langfield being the better goalkeeper make me laugh! Have these people watched Aberdeen over the past few seasons? Clangers has been our Achilles heel for the past few years. Brown was nothing special, but he's never let anyone down in the way that Langfield does on a consistent basis.

Correct, couldn't have put it better.

aye have a +1

ive had enough of Langfield to the extent that I am seriously contemplating not renewing season ticket of 14 years solely because I can't stand him or AFC tolerating him season after season. there are matches that I could have contributed as much as he did over the 90 minutes and that is insane that he is one of our top earners

• Upvote 1

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it's pretty obvious there was something going on with Jason Brown. You only have to take one look at the guy to realise that he probably doesn't take training very seriously. I believe he was probably very less than professional and this probably did not go down well with Leighton and Brown.

The fans are obviously frustrated though, as we judge players solely on their performances on the pitch. In the end however, it was probably for the best that Brown left. I just hope we are moving towards bringing in a new number before the window and draw a line under this debacle.

For all his faults, Craig Brown isn't stupid and he must realise we have a very big problem in the goalkeeping department.

What do you disagree with?

You have openly admitted you never get to much games being from as you put 'miles away' - you also admit to never watching Sky much because you don't buy into Murdochs empire, so I put it to you that I'm absolutely bang on the money once again.

I also put it to you that you want to go against what everyone else is saying because you like being 'zany' and love disagreeing with others.

More nonsense.

I've seen more Dons games than you this season.

Brown is crap. He interacted with some fans via twitter and he suddenly becomes the answer to our prayers.

Langfield is not brilliant by any means but we lost two Scottish cup semi-finals due to his absence in recent years, games we possibly would not have lost had he been in goals.

• Downvote 1

Langfield is not brilliant by any means but we lost two Scottish cup semi-finals due to his absence in recent years, games we possibly would not have lost had he been in goals.

As evidenced by his performance in other semi finals?

Or his performances this season after returning to the first team?

He also shipped 8 goals in two semis a couple of seasons ago.

I'm no fan of Jason Brown but you're fighting a losing battle if you're trying to say Clangers is the great white hope in comparison.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying we got rid of the worse of the two.

It's very simple.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is looking at Jason Brown's performances through the most nostaligic eyes, what did he actually do in the time he was here?

I'm not saying Clangers is anything. What I'm saying is that Jason Brown was rubbish and it's good that we got shot of him.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it's pretty obvious there was something going on with Jason Brown. You only have to take one look at the guy to realise that he probably doesn't take training very seriously. I believe he was probably very less than professional and this probably did not go down well with Leighton and Brown.

The fans are obviously frustrated though, as we judge players solely on their performances on the pitch. In the end however, it was probably for the best that Brown left. I just hope we are moving towards bringing in a new number before the window and draw a line under this debacle.

For all his faults, Craig Brown isn't stupid and he must realise we have a very big problem in the goalkeeping department.

Not going into the dressing room at half time and opting to blether

with a friend and munch on a pie did him no favours.

As pissed off as you would be being Langfield's understudy it was no

way to behave.

It appears Craig Brown doesn't recognise the very big problem in the goalkeeping department

and maybe is stupid.

He only has a short time to get it sorted.

As evidenced by his performance in other semi finals?

Or his performances this season after returning to the first team?

Exactly.

Tup, the vast majority Aberdeen fans probably do not even use twitter. I could not give a flying fuck what Brown has been posting on twitter.

The majority of Aberdeen fans judge players by their performances on the pitch, a department where Langfield has been sadly lacking.

I think yourself and MT are fighting a lone battle here. Good luck.

So what?

He's better than Jason Brown.

What part of that is difficult for you to understand or accept?

Fundamentally incorrect I'm afraid.

Forgetting everything other then performances on the pitch, Jason Brown wasn't up to much, but more reliable than Clangers he most certainly was. I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Aberdeen supporters would share that POV.

Exactly.

Tup, the vast majority Aberdeen fans probably do not even use twitter. I could not give a flying fuck what Brown has been posting on twitter.

The majority of Aberdeen fans judge players by their performances on the pitch, a department where Langfield has been sadly lacking.

I think yourself and MT are fighting a lone battle here. Good luck.

Don't bother grouping me with that gluepot as some sort of Langfield lover.

That's not what I'm saying and damned fine well you know it, if you take the time to read what I'm saying and interpret it correctly that is.

We had two keepers. We got rid of the one who was the worse of the two.

It's fucking simple. I agree with it.

Forgetting everything other then performances on the pitch, Jason Brown wasn't up to much, but more reliable than Clangers he most certainly was. I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Aberdeen supporters would share that POV.

Agree 100%

Bullshit.

Stick to speaking about tennis, at least you seem to half ken what you're talking about then.

To me he was shite pretty much on a par with Langfield, Motherwell cup game made a real fuck-up for their goal although save a pen before that. Then the hibs semi final when his positioning didn't look clever for first goal although the defending was terrible. Other games I watched he wasn't too clever but got away with it.

If getting rid of Brown means taking in someone new and Craig Brown drop Langfield then i think we would all be happy with that.

• Downvote 1

I'm saying we got rid of the worse of the two.

I'm not saying Clangers is anything. What I'm saying is that Jason Brown was rubbish and it's good that we got shot of him.

No you're saying :clangers: is better than Jason Brown which is quite frankly absurd.

I've no issue with you saying Brown was rubbish but your claim he's worse than that fucking spastic we have as a goalie is probably the most ridiculous thing you've ever claimed.

• Upvote 1

Clangers wants to be a Hun, and comes across as an utter Mong, as evidenced by his running to the coppers any time someone says something naughty.

And Jason Brown comes across as nothing short of a mentalist.

I'd have kicked both those cunts out the front door a long time ago.

• Upvote 1

No you're saying :clangers: is better than Jason Brown which is quite frankly absurd.

I've no issue with you saying Brown was rubbish but your claim he's worse than that fucking spastic we have as a goalie is probably the most ridiculous thing you've ever claimed.

He is worse and I know a damned sight more about their merits than you seem to.

I'm not getting any further involved. For clarity, I'm not defending Langfield's right to be long term AFC number 1.

I'm simply saying that I'm more comfortable with him being retained than Brown.

More nonsense.

I've seen more Dons games than you this season.

Brown is crap. He interacted with some fans via twitter and he suddenly becomes the answer to our prayers.

:hysterical:

You're taking that :fishing: too far

He is worse and I know a damned sight more about their merits than you seem to.

I'm not getting any further involved. For clarity, I'm not defending Langfield's right to be long term AFC number 1.

I'm simply saying that I'm more comfortable with him being retained than Brown.

I appreciate the last statement. It's a statement someone from a mental institute would make but you're entitled to your opinion.

Langfield is shit and is a poison within our club. Brown should have stayed. Langfield booted out.