Sevco Thread

On bbc now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27251815

Rangers' former commercial director Imran Ahmad is to go back to court on Tuesday as he seeks to have more than £500,000 frozen in the club's account.

In February, Lord Tyre disagreed with Ahmad's claim that Rangers were trading while insolvent.

Now, with doubts over season ticket sales, Ahmad is concerned about Rangers' ability to pay out should he win his ongoing legal battle with them.

The two parties are in dispute over his claim for unpaid bonuses.

At the February hearing, Lord Tyre made his decision in Rangers' favour because of what he described as the cyclical nature of a football club's finances.

Since then, Rangers have made it clear that a significant drop in season ticket sales would leave them unable to trade without seeking external finance.

The chairman of Rangers' football board Sandy Easdale also told BBC Scotland the League One champions are in a "fragile situation".

Rangers will again have to satisfy a judge at the Court of Session that they can continue to trade, with the implications of the decision going in Ahmad's favour next week potentially devastating for the board.

Sweet

This thing is all starting to look pretty clear to me...

1) Green and his buddies buy up the name and assets of "Oldco Rangers" for £5M.

2) They proceed to take as much money as they can in salaries and bonuses (probably in excess of £5M) while spunking every available penny on players and their own wages bringing on inevitable administration while pleasing the masses

3) Administration allows the Newco to drop all the stupidly expensive contracts they have signed - but also forfeit the stadium

4) Newco Rangers are forced to rent Ibrox (can't keep the ground if in admin) to whoever owns the security over it - Green? Whyte? Who knows? (show us the deeds!)

5) The Spivs that bought Rangers after the Spiv that killed Rangers walk off into the sunset with every penny they put in at least doubled and live happily ever after.

6) Whoever owns the security laughs in the face of all The Rangers fans for eternity

7) The SPFL go "What the fuck? How did we miss that? We should probably pretend that none of this ever happened" and despite a 25 point penalty, The Rangers mk III are allowed by various referees to run roughshod over the rest of the Championship to ensure promotion and a return to what Regan and Doncaster consider the "status quo" and most marketable arrangement for the top league, earning them a significant bonus

8) Celtic proceed to win at least 9 in a row while The Rangers are hamstrung by £3-5M per year in rent.

9) Everyone laughs some more at the Hun as they inevitably turn to in-fighting as noone ever showed them the deeds...

Don't know if this is a plausible and legal arrangement of actions, but i do believe that something quite similar to the above will eventually transpire...

This was in the Telegraph on 28th

Rangers will begin the 2014-15 season in the Championship with a 25-point deduction if the season-ticket boycott by supporters is successful and the club is consequently plunged into administration at any time following Saturday’s game against Dunfermline at East End Park.

The Scottish Professional Football League board’s view is that the club’s season officially ends immediately after their final league fixture and not, as has been speculated, once the play-offs have been concluded on May 25.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/10794515/Rangers-facing-25-point-deduction.html

Dandyesque,

You forgot the point "SPFL claim that the closest premiership and championship in years is unsponsorable, thus revenues to clubs are diminished, but miraculously, will be once the cunts return to share, by which I mean the top two hog, the booty."

As if I couldn't despise them more, no, apparently I can.

In fact the cunts have even started to make me like, Christ even respect hearts. Fucking hearts for fuck sake. That's unforgivable! No offence Jig.

On the union of fans fannies website you can pledge an amount to kings season ticket fundit takes 0 for example and all the tims have been pledging 100,000 of thousands with false names like billy the prod etc just tried it and all it askes for is an email and an address but it takes any old shitcould be funhttps://www.ibrox1972.co.uk

I did that earlier.

Christian name Let's

Surname Alllaughatherangers.

I only pledged a pound cos I don't trust Gough.

Server Error in '/' Application.
Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:
[OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.]
   System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) +10592817
   System.Decimal.Parse(String s) +25
   ibrox1972.usercontrols.nonSeasonTicketHolders.submit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +461
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +116
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +101
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +9642610
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

:whistling:

I cant believe that, its ridiculous. He should get his money ring fenced. Snake Mountain is a shambles and the police are investigating clams that the CEO misled fans financially etc What does it take to get his money protected?

The good thing though it that the scenario is increasingly familiar, in that Imran is the new Hector - i.e. the menacing, money-hungry spectre hovering over them, with the potential to blow their already shitty situation to smithereens at any second.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but this loon kens the score :hunbash:

http://www.sundaypost.com/news-views/columnists/donald-macleod/the-beautiful-game-doesn-t-need-old-firm-ugliness-1.350435

Reports of the death of Scottish football have been greatly exaggerated.

You thought it was dull, turgid and bile-blighted? Well you thought wrong!

This last season has had the naysayers sent for an early bath as the beautiful game proved it hadn’t lost its looks.

And it’s all been done despite — or, more accurately, because of — the continuing and noticeable absence of the big Old Firm clashes.

Yes, it’s been stirring stuff, and all delivered with barely a hint of the vile sectarian hatred that has clouded the game in past times.

The race between Falkirk, Dundee and Hamilton to clinch the Championship title was settled yesterday in dramatic fashion, with Hamilton coming achingly close to snatching the cup from Dundee’s clutches in the dying seconds.

As for the Premiership, well Celtic may have run away with the title, but the tussle for second place and a crack at Europe has been tight and nail-biting right up to the wire.

And it’s not just in the leagues football has been the winner this season.

Who could forget the joy and emotion tens of thousands of travelling fans from Aberdeen and Inverness brought to Celtic Park for this year’s Scottish League Cup Final? What a brilliant sight.

We also have the Scottish Cup, another certain sell out at Celtic Park, to look forward to between St Johnstone and Dundee United. Proof that the game is alive and kicking and not reliant on the Old Firm for excitement.

Grounds the length and breadth of the land have been stuffed with families as the big cup ties and crunch matches in the leagues tempted people of all ages to get off their bahookies and in to watch the games.

Aye, it seems Scottish football is in a fine and healthy state right enough. Well, all except for a sickening exception last week that was enough to give anyone the boak.

It only took one match to remind us how much the game has benefited from the absence of that old scourge, religious bigotry, thanks in the main to the Old Firm being kept apart.

A Celtic v Rangers under-17 cup final provided the excuse for an explosion of bile and hatred to be unleashed.

That fact it was a children’s competition mattered not a jot to the baying mob of slavering Old Firm morons and violent knuckle-draggers in attendance. It could have been a game of tiddlywinks for all they cared.

They’d been preparing for this all year and their hatred for each other needed sated. So another season where the Old Firm are kept apart is to be welcomed in my book.

Why? Because although Scottish Football on all levels continues to amaze and enthral, the shameful scenes last week reminded us that our beautiful game still has a very sinister shadow crouching over it.

It will have many worrying what will happen when the day comes, as surely it must, that the senior Old Firm sides meet again. Absolute carnage, I fear.

It’s a damn shame, because the beautiful game is looking prettier than it has for years. It has not fallen through the floor, becoming a sporting irrelevance, as many a doom-merchant predicted when Rangers came close to oblivion.

That’s why I’m in no rush to see the Old Firm teams squaring up on a regular basis any time soon.

Scottish football does very well without them meeting. It’s certainly a lot better for business, the image of Glasgow and, more importantly, people’s safety.

Now then when’s that Scotland v England match?

Now that the season is over, this is a good time for me to speak to you directly as part of our ongoing Ready To Listen fan engagement programme.

In order to do so I will be answering questions from supporters today in a Twitter Q&A on our official club account. You can tweet your questions directly to me on @RFC_Official using the hashtag #ReadyToListen between 1pm and 2pm.

I will answer as many questions from supporters within the hour and look forward to speaking with as many fans as I can.

Graham Wallace,

Chief Executive Officer.

Have fun.

Whats the latest with this disgusting rabble then?

It said on the wireless last night that they had only sold 4,000 season tickets.

At an average cost of (I think) £400, that nets them just £1.6 million.

MacGiollabhain is reorting that Blue Pitch Holdings and Margarita Holdings have finally accepted the idea of cost cutting.

They have put forward a wish list of cuts (inc limiting managers wages to a still-ridiculous 250 grand p.a.). They say if these cuts are made, they will buy 50% of the mooted 43.4 million shares. But then, what can the club ask for these shares - just buttons surely?

Ironically its these same holdings companies helping to rip the arse out the operation (Margarita apparently do the catering on a very generous contract).

Macgiollabhain also says he is in talks to make his "Downfall" book into a TV prog or film, presumably a comedy. That would be brilliant.

It ought to be a cheap enough production - they can scour studios for left over Orc suits from the LOTR trilogy and spare Jabba The Hutt costumes from Star Wars.

That ought to take care of the better-looking / more glamouous hun staff and fans anyway, maybe the uglier ones could play themselves to save on special effects costs? :)