Sevco Thread

The naming of King's company seems a bit cynical/morbid now. Least to the causal observer. The cynic might think he picked that name (well.. date) to capitalise on the imminent death of a symbol of their old defunct club. Given that he probably knew whatshisname was near croaking. Glad there are no cynics here though.

On a completely separate point, some say cynics are realists.

I'm led to believe that players haven't been paid today .

Oh and this "£3.5 Million" left in the bank is gone .....

Thing is they don't owe the banks anything, they can't get anything from banks or hedge funds !

If those are actually true then they're not even going to get through the close season. Hell might not even get the end of the season.

BUT... I have my doubts.

NewcoHun are resilient in their slikitness if nothing else.

I'm led to believe that players haven't been paid today .

if that is the case they have to inform the SPFL so it will come out fairly quickly

any Club which shall fail to pay any sum due by it to a Player under and in terms of that Player’s Contract of Service and/or any sum due by it under a contract of employment to any Official engaged in football management and/or football coaching (a “Remuneration Default”) shall be in breach of these Rules.

E18 Any Club which suffers or is subject to a Remuneration Default shall within 2 days of such default notify the Secretary in writing of any such default with details of the amount(s) and Player(s) and/or Official(s) concerned and if it fails to so notify the Secretary it shall be in breach of these Rules.

Any Club which commits a Remuneration Default shall not, except with the consent of the Board, be entitled or permitted to Register any Professional Player with the League and the League shall not register such a Player until the Board is satisfied that such Remuneration Default shall no longer continue or subsist.

The naming of King's company seems a bit cynical/morbid now. Least to the causal observer. The cynic might think he picked that name (well.. date) to capitalise on the imminent death of a symbol of their old defunct club. Given that he probably knew whatshisname was near croaking. Glad there are no cynics here though.

On a completely separate point, some say cynics are realists.

I find it amusing that if King does get his beloved RFC toy to play with that the one thing you highly unlikely to find within Ibrox 1972 Ltd is Ibrox.

Sandy Jardine's death is utterly irrelevant to me, you go ahead and mourn him if you feel like it, maybe post your own tribute on Facebook or something, where it will go down well.

It may sound harsh but I couldna care less about folk I dinna ken who happen to peg it.

Thought I was a harsh cunt for thinking this way. Fell out with the missus for about 2 days for her faux grieving shit when Peaches Geldoff died. Never spent a second thinking about Sandy Jardine before and ever will. Sure it's shite for his family and friends but I'm neither.

Back on topic, if it's true the players haven't been paid I may need to take the week off work to drink beer and watch the demise unfold.

I agree with Tup and DF on this one. He was a good player and a gentleman but so was Frank Kopel who also recently died but without the same accolades and forced mourning. If the tribute act cannot pay the player's wages it's going to be a fun close season with no revenue from games but wages still to be paid.

• Upvote 2

if that is the case they have to inform the SPFL so it will come out fairly quickly

any Club which shall fail to pay any sum due by it to a Player under and in terms of that Player’s Contract of Service and/or any sum due by it under a contract of employment to any Official engaged in football management and/or football coaching (a “Remuneration Default”) shall be in breach of these Rules.

E18 Any Club which suffers or is subject to a Remuneration Default shall within 2 days of such default notify the Secretary in writing of any such default with details of the amount(s) and Player(s) and/or Official(s) concerned and if it fails to so notify the Secretary it shall be in breach of these Rules.

Any Club which commits a Remuneration Default shall not, except with the consent of the Board, be entitled or permitted to Register any Professional Player with the League and the League shall not register such a Player until the Board is satisfied that such Remuneration Default shall no longer continue or subsist.

Since when did any rules apply to them?

mikeyboy, who certain are you about payroll being missed?

That would be disastrous it it happened within days of Wallace telling everyone there was just under £3.5m in the bank account.

The £3.5 million was the figure left in bank at Christmas. It'll be a lot less than that now hence why they had to get that £1.5 million off Easdale and the other shareholder.

The £3.5 million was the figure left in bank at Christmas. It'll be a lot less than that now hence why they had to get that £1.5 million off Easdale and the other shareholder.

Wallace made a statement in an interview a few days ago that there was "just under £3.5m in the bank" - now I think he's talking pish, but the point is, if he is lying and gets found out by something as dramatic as the club being unable to pay salaries a the same week GW made the statement - well thats not just embarassing its quite serious for the company.