Sevco Thread

Aye they are in dire straits right enough.

No improvement on the finance front and looks increasingly likely they will be delisted from AIM.

And look at this muck from the Herald (little more than a hun fanzine):

"Rangers isn't technically the most financially stressed club in Scotland, as a result of the recent cash injection," said Begbies' Ken Pattullo. He declines to name the club concerned, "but there is another club in Scotland which is financially worse off than Rangers".

"Rangers don't actually have that much debt at the moment, other than their Sports Direct liabilities. However, the rest of Scottish football has unquestionably suffered financially due to Rangers' absence from the top league. The financial consequences would be pretty horrendous for Rangers if they don't go up this season, and probably also for the rest of Scottish football.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-finances-not-the-worst-but-failure-to-win-promotion-would-be-horrendous-says-.121514838

Aye, I guess auchenshoogle amatuers probably are worse off than Rangers - clearly, then, everthing is rosy in the garden at snake montain.

I presume the "cash injection" mentioned is the latest emergency loan provided, to maintain their hand-to-mouth existence?

And, yes Rangers dont have much debt - but i wonder if, rather than a sign of good management, that is actually due to their inability to acquire credit from any bank, due to their being a financial basket case?

And yes, wih several clubs (including the famous Aberdeen) completely shedding their debt in recent times, it is clear that its true that the demise of the Orcs has caused widespread financial misery.

That non-Glasgow clubs have also won trophies recently, for the first time in years - and we have had a decent league competition this year (which isnt over yet) - is yet another indicator of how badly Scottish football has been affected.

Good Lord, the only realistic bit of the quote is that they will be going to the wall if they dont get promoted.

I hope they die again - it would be very fitting for it to occur under the watch of "Real Rangers Men".

Aye they are in dire straits right enough.

No improvement on the finance front and looks increasingly likely they will be delisted from AIM.

And look at this muck from the Herald (little more than a hun fanzine):

"Rangers isn't technically the most financially stressed club in Scotland, as a result of the recent cash injection," said Begbies' Ken Pattullo. He declines to name the club concerned, "but there is another club in Scotland which is financially worse off than Rangers".

"Rangers don't actually have that much debt at the moment, other than their Sports Direct liabilities. However, the rest of Scottish football has unquestionably suffered financially due to Rangers' absence from the top league. The financial consequences would be pretty horrendous for Rangers if they don't go up this season, and probably also for the rest of Scottish football.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-finances-not-the-worst-but-failure-to-win-promotion-would-be-horrendous-says-.121514838

Aye, I guess auchenshoogle amatuers probably are worse off than Rangers - clearly, then, everthing is rosy in the garden at snake montain.

I presume the "cash injection" mentioned is the latest emergency loan provided, to maintain their hand-to-mouth existence?

And, yes Rangers dont have much debt - but i wonder if, rather than a sign of good management, that is actually due to their inability to acquire credit from any bank, due to their being a financial basket case?

And yes, wih several clubs (including the famous Aberdeen) completely shedding their debt in recent times, it is clear that its true that the demise of the Orcs has caused widespread financial misery.

That non-Glasgow clubs have also won trophies recently, for the first time in years - and we have had a decent league competition this year (which isnt over yet) - is yet another indicator of how badly Scottish football has been affected.

Good Lord, the only realistic bit of the quote is that they will be going to the wall if they dont get promoted.

I hope they die again - it would be very fitting for it to occur under the watch of "Real Rangers Men".

ARMAGEDDON MK2!

Hopefully the second armageddon is as good as the first was! We've gone from strength to strength, both on and off the pitch, since the first one!

Aye, the Armageddon 2 chat has picked up a bit.

“It’s essential for the game in Scotland that Rangers get back to the Premiership as quickly as possible,” Lennon told Goal. “They are struggling but new people have come in who I think have the best interests of the club at heart.

“[New manager] Stuart McCall had a fantastic record at Motherwell. They need to get back to the Premiership for the state of the game up there – in terms of revenue, crowds, competition.
“It’s important and I think that’s why Scotland has struggled [in continental competition]. Celtic need it as well – the competition has been missing.”
Lennon guided Celtic to the knockout stage of the Champions League during his four-year spell as manager but revealed that the overall decline of the Premiership's financial situation had necessitated the sale of key players.
“It all depends on Celtic,” he said. “When I was there we ended up selling the crown jewels in terms of Victor Wanyama, Gary Hooper, Fraser Forster, Joe Ledley, Georgios Samaras.
“It’s very difficult to keep churning out those players but that was the financial situation. There’s no doubt the Scottish game is significantly weaker – Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are in the Championship and they were a big loss in terms of revenue, crowds, quality and competition.
“It’s lacking at the minute, it’s not in a great state. There’s seven or eight teams in in the Premiership who have average gates of 4-5,000 and with that it’s very difficult to compete with other European countries.”

“It’s very difficult to keep churning out those players but that was the financial situation. There’s no doubt the Scottish game is significantly weaker – Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are in the Championship and they were a big loss in terms of revenue, crowds, quality and competition.

How has losing Hibs and Hearts last season made the league weaker in terms of quality? Hibs were utter pish last season and rightly went down, Hearts were shite for long spells and, despite Hibs best efforts to be worse than them even with a 15 point lead, they still ended up bottom.

The huns are pish as well.

How has losing Hibs and Hearts last season made the league weaker in terms of quality? Hibs were utter pish last season and rightly went down, Hearts were shite for long spells and, despite Hibs best efforts to be worse than them even with a 15 point lead, they still ended up bottom.

The huns are pish as well.

Indeed. Hamilton have hit the skids recently but they performed very well when they came up. Likewise Dundee although not the greatest have been far from shit especially against us.

either way is fine.

they need a complete and utter overhaul of the full squad so they'll hardly be in a position to seriously compete for at least 2-3 transfer windows if not longer

Maybe so for the title but they will most certainly be competing for second place.

Money or no money, they scam & swindle their way through transfer windows & spend money they do not have. Why would that change?

They will out spend the rest of us by 3 or 4 times at least & that (at our level) is more than enough to compete for second.

They won't make the same mistakes (or as many at least) regarding mercenaries cashing in on their last big pay days. They will be a lot more careful.

• Site Sponsor

Why do we give a flying fuck about this tribute act?

Concentrate on our own business and aim for top spot.

Why should our arses be twitching if the zombies crawl their way into the premier league - let them scrap with the likes of Partick, Killie, Dundee for the top six trophy.

Fuck em

Why do we give a flying fuck about this tribute act?

Concentrate on our own business and aim for top spot.

Why should our arses be twitching if the zombies crawl their way into the premier league - let them scrap with the likes of Partick, Killie, Dundee for the top six trophy.

Fuck em

Nobody's arses are twitching.

We're discussing the disgusting prospect of them being in top flight & their disgusting Orc followers polluting our grounds.

Like it or not, if they get up (& they WILL have plenty help to do so) they will be overspending & will be one of our main rivals.

Celtic (who we aim to be challenging) will strengthen more than usual as a show of the gulf between THEM & as a result we will have a tougher challenge on our hands to narrow the gap between ourselves & celtic.

Them being in top flight will have a big effect on us in many ways. Both directly & indirectly even if we do just concentrate on ourselves.

Will be a volatile & poisonous season also & one that I would much prefer was delayed for another year at least.

• Site Sponsor

Nobody's arses are twitching.

We're discussing the disgusting prospect of them being in top flight & their disgusting Orc followers polluting our grounds.

Like it or not, if they get up (& they WILL have plenty help to do so) they will be overspending & will be one of our main rivals.

Celtic (who we aim to be challenging) will strengthen more than usual as a show of the gulf between THEM & as a result we will have a tougher challenge on our hands to narrow the gap between ourselves & celtic.

Them being in top flight will have a big effect on us in many ways. Both directly & indirectly even if we do just concentrate on ourselves.

Will be a volatile & poisonous season also & one that I would much prefer was delayed for another year at least.

My point still stands take care of our own business and no need to be concerned about anyone else.

Why should we be more concerned about the tribute act than the likes of Hearts?

Fuck em

My point still stands take care of our own business and no need to be concerned about anyone else.

Fuck em

Not more concerned, certainly not in a playing sense. You are just making things up now.

I would actually worry about us playing Hearts more than Sevco because we seem to bottle it against Hearts.

Fact is that the prospect of Sevco in top flight is something we are going to have to face & endure pretty soon. Possibly next season we will be utterly disgusted by THEM (both cheeks) ruining Scottish football & taking over the media as usual & all other teams are forgotten about.

As I say. Orcs are going to effect us all & our enjoyment of the game again (most likely) next season & no matter how much you want to pretend that they won't. It doesn't change the fact.

I agree regarding the "fuck em" part but it's a smell we are going to have to suffer.

Fuck em

Because as I said a while ago, if they make it up this season there will all kinds of way too much money pricks lining up to throw money at them and they'll be able to splash the cash and not gradually start competing but out buy and out compete most teams straight away.

There are going to be plenty of folks with money to burn who are waiting to see if they survive their crazy trek up the leagues before putting their money in.

Rangers made losses after tax of £2.89m for the six-month period to 31 December 2014 - accounts interim chairman Paul Murray describes as "disappointing".

Despite promotion to the Championship, revenue fell £100,000 to £13.1m, though the club earned £1.3m from hosting the Commonwealth Games rugby sevens.
Sponsorship revenue also dropped, falling by £300,000 to £400,000.
Should Rangers gain promotion to the Premiership this season, they must pay Newcastle United £500,000.
This arrangement was part of a deal struck by the previous board when the Premier League cub loaned Rangers five players - Gael Bigirimana, Haris Vuckic, Kevin Mbabu, Remie Streete and Shane Ferguson.
Only Vuckic has contributed to Rangers' league campaign so far.

:laughing:

£500k to Newcastle should they get promoted! Well played Mike Ashley :applause:

I'm now lifting my self imposed ban on Sports Direct. Well done Michael, you fat Geordie mess!

EDIT:

Ashley is obviously a very sick man.

He could have spent small amounts of his vast wealth to take us far in Europe. Gotten some fun with his money.

He could easily be dead and gone in 20 years. What good would his billions be to him then.

Prick.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So what the accounts confirm is with a no doubt dubious promotion they could probably beg, borrow and most likely steal their way to mid table SPL. But another year in the styx, whilst probably best for their football development, would see them lose money at 900k per month which none of the glory hunting big wigs are willing to fund surprisingly and no investor or bank will look near.

Mon the hibs it is then.

Looks like the Orcish Horde is already disgruntled with its new War-Chiefs:

Where is this fabled Nomad? Where is Dave King? Where is the £30 million investment that Dave King promised?

https://rangerssupportersloyal.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/a-mess-of-our-own-making-a-wake-up-call-to-the-rangers-support/

Its quite a long article, but worth it for the giggles.