Sevco Thread

Some people post a lot on here. Some are engaging and always worth taking the time to read, others just like the sound of their own voice or are just plain contrary. The latter are positive because they limit the time you spend on here when you ignore their posts; leaves time to do other things.

• Downvote 1

The problem here is that smaller teams, like Motherwell & Killie, have no problem admitting that they do need the blue pound, and kick up a fuss when the fixture list doesn't allow them to maximise their earnings.

Agreed. Loser weegie clubs should just die off already. Pointless entities.

I'm just not sure that people can be expected to follow a rigged competition. Cheats not being punished puts people off. I mean I've seen it put people off watching wrestling and it's meant to be rigged!!

Sevco are taking the piss out of Scottish football, and all our clubs are doing nothing to stop them.

This hurt your team crap does not matter in the short term as the clubs are not interested in the views of their supporters anyway,

All about the clubs finances and nothing else matters.

Time to make a stand.

Cause mug punters will still follow their club blindly whilst all moaning about rangers from years ago.

Same old same old.

Correct Bluto10

My stand on this will be:

No more attending Aberdeen games until the club listens to their fans.

Will watch Aberdeen matches on TV as I still love the Dons

If it is only our money Scottish club needs and not our opinions then Scottish football is a joke.

Will also be taking a break from this forum.

So we all boycott AFC just in case another team is fiddling their taxes? Great idea.

Nope. People lose faith in the sport that they're following. It's not just AFC fans. Why would people care about the Olympics if Russia had just been allowed to carry on doping?

Correct Bluto10

If it is only our money Scottish club needs and not our opinions then Scottish football is a joke.

Very noble of you, watching it on the TV, as the influence of TV money and related issues doesn't impact on the SPFL's approach to this at all...

• Upvote 6

So we all boycott AFC just in case another team is fiddling their taxes? Great idea.

Look anyone saying to boycott anything can pretty much be ignored. These only work if you have the full support of the overwhelming majority and clearly AFC have about 5k fans who will go regardless so any talk of boycotts are fruitless and stupid.

Surely though all of our support can at least have a degree of trepidation over competing in competitions that have clearly defined rules meant to enforce integrity and promote fairness which when broken by one club over a sustained period said rules are then conveniently forgotten about and everything is quickly swept under the carpet? I don't think its a case of boycott, it is for some people an excuse, for others a point of principle that they don't see the point putting money in to watch their team compete in those competitions. You don't have to agree with the reasoning or the concerns themselves but I'd expect anyone to be able to at least understand where some people are coming from.

One of the biggest issues with the last few weeks have been the way the anger has been manifested and at who. All the anger directed at the dead club and the way it's now portrayed as just cat fighting between Celtic and The Rangers isn't helping. I believe the moral and correct action would be to strip the titles but I don't believe that will happen and won't lose sleep if it doesn't. The bigger fish here is why those in the new club and those at the SFA\SPFL who were involved or complicit in all of this are still being allowed to continue on in Scottish football like nothing happened. Every single one of them should have lifetime bans from football in Scotland. I'd much rather see that happen than any title stripping if I had to choose. For Scottish football to move forward the SFA and SPFL have to be gutted from top down. This is the issue I have with Milne's statement, he is championing working with this people going forward, how can he and how can they be trusted.

Moobs, you're clearly not going to give on this so let me ask you this. What does the game lose by hammering the cunts?

I'm not against the huns being punished, I've said earlier that a fine and points punishment similar to Livi (or much bigger as the scale of the offence is bigger) makes sense but stripping titles is pointless and unnecessary and will only cause more problems. If the titles were stripped tomorrow but rangers still used the 'going for 55' pish then we'd have threats of boycotts etc until AFC, SPFL, SFA somehow stopped them. All 'title stripping' is is old firm oneupmanship(is that all one word?) which we should have no part in. Push for a fine and points penalty (it will benefit us) and you also test their 'same club' pish.

• Upvote 1

Look anyone saying to boycott anything can pretty much be ignored. These only work if you have the full support of the overwhelming majority and clearly AFC have about 5k fans who will go regardless so any talk of boycotts are fruitless and stupid.

Surely though all of our support can at least have a degree of trepidation over competing in competitions that have clearly defined rules meant to enforce integrity and promote fairness which when broken by one club over a sustained period said rules are then conveniently forgotten about and everything is quickly swept under the carpet? I don't think its a case of boycott, it is for some people an excuse, for others a point of principle that they don't see the point putting money in to watch their team compete in those competitions. You don't have to agree with the reasoning or the concerns themselves but I'd expect anyone to be able to at least understand the where some people are coming from.

One of the biggest issues with the last few weeks have been the way the anger has been manifested and at who All the anger directed at the dead club and the way its now portrayed as just cat fighting between Celtic and The Rangers isn't helping. I believe the moral and correct action would be to strip the titles but I don't believe that will happen and won't lose sleep if it doesn't. The bigger fish here is why those in the new club and those at the SFA\SPFL who were involved or complicit in all of this are still being allowed to continue on in Scottish football like nothing happened. Every single one of them should have lifetime bans from football in Scotland. I'd much rather see that happen than any title stripping if I had to choose.

when the threat of a boycott happened in 2012, the clubs including ours shat their pants into voting against the huns joining the top division. I completely get why people are against boycotts but whats the other option? How do fans get the clubs and authorities to act and punish them appropriately?

In any other sport these titles would be voided and those involved would be banned. Like you, if the huns and those involved are not punished It won't make much difference to my life,wont be at much dons matchesl but that's practically forced on me because of where I live anyway. In saying that I wouldn't be keen on attending games in a competition which openly condones cheating like this, I was 100% finished with Scottish football if the dons had voted to allow those cunts into Scottish football at the time. I said so at the time on here.

Aye it's about fairness. The huns cheated and should therefor be punished for it. The titles should be stripped. Why? Because it's the right thing to do and literally every other fucking sport would do it.

If the titles are not stripped, which looks like it'll be the case, then it confirms once and for all that the SFA are a corrupt institution and are unfit to continue governing Scottish fitba.

• Upvote 1

Correct Bluto10

You don't see the problem there no...

when the threat of a boycott happened in 2012, the clubs including ours shat their pants into voting against the huns joining the top division. I completely get why people are against boycotts but whats the other option? How do fans get the clubs and authorities to act and punish them appropriately?

In any other sport these titles would be voided and those involved would be banned. Like you, if the huns and those involved are not punished It won't make much difference to my life,wont be at much dons matchesl but that's practically forced on me because of where I live anyway. In saying that I wouldn't be keen on attending games in a competition which openly condones cheating like this, I was 100% finished with Scottish football if the dons had voted to allow those cunts into Scottish football at the time. I said so at the time on here.

In 2012 the difference was the threat was in not buying season tickets, too late for that now as we've already shifted over 10k so the club has our money.

In answer to both your questions, I honestly don't know, not sure there are any options to be honest. Only all the fans groups in Scotland getting together would have the potential to achieve anything but I'm not sure that would ever happen nor that anyone would listen anyway. Its clear the clubs don't care and have no appetite to do anything, possibly through self interest and the realisation that any action may take a lot of time and resources which could end up costing them or the game financially in some way. I think that for some of the clubs or actually many of them they see doing nothing as the best alternative they have.

Correct Bluto10

Why do people post they're leaving the forum? Pretty sure no posters actually give a fuck if an obsessed copy and paste merchant like you takes a hiatus.

• Upvote 1

In 2012 the difference was the threat was in not buying season tickets, too late for that now as we've already shifted over 10k so the club has our money.

In answer to both your questions, I honestly don't know, not sure there are any options to be honest. Only all the fans groups in Scotland getting together would have the potential to achieve anything but I'm not sure that would ever happen nor that anyone would listen anyway. Its clear the clubs don't care and have no appetite to do anything, possibly through self interest and the realisation that any action may take a lot of time and resources which could end up costing them or the game financially in some way. I think that for some of the clubs or actually many of them they see doing nothing as the best alternative they have.

Thats very true.

A boycott wouldn't work unless there are lots of fans behind it.

I think folk are better just supporting their club but if they are unhappy with the governance make their feelings known in other ways.

Aye it's about fairness. The huns cheated and should therefor be punished for it. The titles should be stripped. Why? Because it's the right thing to do and literally every other fucking sport would do it.

If the titles are not stripped, which looks like it'll be the case, then it confirms once and for all that the SFA are a corrupt institution and are unfit to continue governing Scottish fitba.

Yes but we know this already and it makes no difference to their ability to continue. Too many fans aren't really bothered if the paying field is level or not.

I'll never agree with "boycotts" when it's to do with the management, the players or non-football related matters but I 100% would be in favour of one for this should the club not listen to the fans. The scum cheated for years, robbed the nation and have effectively gotten away with it. The "lets move on" story I hope was more twisted words, as opposed to Stewart Milne's actual thoughts on this.

I'm a member of that Tartan Army page on Facebook and there were a group of lads, who I believe were from up this way, who were trying to start a boycott a few months back because Gordon Strachan was still in charge :hysterical:

I'm not against the huns being punished, I've said earlier that a fine and points punishment similar to Livi (or much bigger as the scale of the offence is bigger) makes sense but stripping titles is pointless and unnecessary and will only cause more problems. If the titles were stripped tomorrow but rangers still used the 'going for 55' pish then we'd have threats of boycotts etc until AFC, SPFL, SFA somehow stopped them. All 'title stripping' is is old firm oneupmanship(is that all one word?) which we should have no part in. Push for a fine and points penalty (it will benefit us) and you also test their 'same club' pish.

It wouldnt matter if they said they were going for 55 or not, if titles were stripped then the records would show differently. Its the same now with them saying they are still Rangers, but we all know they are obviously not.

Stripping titles isnt a vendetta against Rangers/Sevco, its just common sense and justice. I would fully expect us to be stripped of trophies if it were the other way around and make no mistake, that WOULD have happened. Just make them null and void, a black mark in the history of the game and use it to remind others of what happens when you cheat. This will of course not happen. They will have their little review and a few meetings, all to make us think they are doing in something when in fact fuck all will be done.

I dont get the sudden lack of desire to see the final nail go into the coffin. My theory is it is because we are doing relatively well and they are doing shite, but ask yourself, If they had won the league last year, would be a bigger push for this. My guess is absolutely yes.