Sevco Thread

The return of the two horse race was always only ever a matter of time.

I think the challenge for a lot of fans of the other clubs going forward is do they want to be part of the charade all over again? It was good when the huns were away for that extended period of time but now they are back in a different guise more rabid and bitter than ever. I would definitely be up for a complete ban of ugly sister fans at Pittodrie especially the huns.

I see a lot of fans of the other clubs drifting away from the game altogether over the coming years as those two bitterly fight it out against each other trampling all over the rest in the process with the help of a governing body that turns a blind eye to their behaviour.

I already took the plunge this season and didnt renew. I havent been to any game so far. I know that deserves the criticism, as many say it only punishes the club, but i canna be arsed with it anymore.

Those few years where there was no huns was bliss and not that we won anything other than the LC, but i still really enjoyed it. Something seems missing now and this rabid and bitter infestation that has crept into their support has taken the fun away from it all for me. The whole of last season i just couldnt wait for the season to end. The brand of football under DM doesnt help either mind you, but thats for a different thread.

I think crowds will continue to dip even further and as you have said, the two horse race was only a matter of time away. We didnt cease the chance to proper bury them and expel them from the leagues altogether.    

• Upvote 3

Well lets hope that materialises, though i'm not hopeful. I think Celtic are comfortably living within their means, posting profits and have serious cash in the bank (in Scottish footballing terms any way). The huns... well, who actually knows what is going on in the background there. There are enough numpties with big cash, who will happily piss it away.  

It will only take another few years of missing out on the Champions League and Celtics finances will come under a bit of strain.

They don't have many more Tierneys to sell.

The return of the two horse race was always only ever a matter of time.

I think the challenge for a lot of fans of the other clubs going forward is do they want to be part of the charade all over again? It was good when the huns were away for that extended period of time but now they are back in a different guise more rabid and bitter than ever. I would definitely be up for a complete ban of ugly sister fans at Pittodrie especially the huns.

I see a lot of fans of the other clubs drifting away from the game altogether over the coming years as those two bitterly fight it out against each other trampling all over the rest in the process with the help of a governing body that turns a blind eye to their behaviour.

I already took the plunge this season and didnt renew. I havent been to any game so far. I know that deserves the criticism, as many say it only punishes the club, but i canna be arsed with it anymore.

Those few years where there was no huns was bliss and not that we won anything other than the LC, but i still really enjoyed it. Something seems missing now and this rabid and bitter infestation that has crept into their support has taken the fun away from it all for me. The whole of last season i just couldnt wait for the season to end. The brand of football under DM doesnt help either mind you, but thats for a different thread.

I think crowds will continue to dip even further and as you have said, the two horse race was only a matter of time away. We didnt cease the chance to proper bury them and expel them from the leagues altogether.    

These are good points, I think there is a lot of apathy around Scottish Football since Sevco arrived in the top league. I really enjoyed the years we had without them despite us only winning one trophy. Now its back to the two horse race that the media and SFA/SPFL are so obsessed with and the new incarnation of Rangers seems even more rabid and vile than the last one. It's quite depressing.

The day Sevco win the league again will be a very dark one. They will lord it over the rest like never before as their fans will see it as some sort of ultimate redemption for their club that in their deluded eyes was fucked over and kicked by the rest of Scottish football when they were on their knees.

The fact that they cheated massively to put themselves in that position in the first place is completely lost on them. But the day when they win the league again (and they will sooner rather than later in my opinion) might just be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of non old firm fans.

The day Sevco win the league again will be a very dark one. They will lord it over the rest like never before as their fans will see it as some sort of ultimate redemption for their club that in their deluded eyes was fucked over and kicked by the rest of Scottish football when they were on their knees.

The fact that they cheated massively to put themselves in that position in the first place is completely lost on them. But the day when they win the league again (and they will sooner rather than later in my opinion) might just be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of non old firm fans.

I think they might even win the league this season. I am absolutely dreading it.

I think they might even win the league this season. I am absolutely dreading it.

I agree with you. As both squads stand at the minute I think the huns are every bit as strong as Celtic. I do expect Celtic to sign two or three players before the end of the window which might make the difference but I expect it to be a close title race between them this season.

Disagree on the first part. They cheated massively. They know it. They died partly because they couldn’t come clean because they cheated. They know that too!

Do agree with your second point though. The two horse crap is an entirely artificial construct wrought entirely off the small clubs backs. It is now completely transparent how it is run and why. Diddy supporters with half a brain will now make the decision you describe and for clubs like Aberdeen they can’t afford that. Milnes support of the continuity myth has been hideously short sided in that regard.

Disagree on the first part. They cheated massively. They know it. They died partly because they couldn’t come clean because they cheated. They know that too!

Do agree with your second point though. The two horse crap is an entirely artificial construct wrought entirely off the small clubs backs. It is now completely transparent how it is run and why. Diddy supporters with half a brain will now make the decision you describe and for clubs like Aberdeen they can’t afford that. Milnes support of the continuity myth has been hideously short sided in that regard.

I'm not sure the huns I know to a man are all adamant they didn't cheat and that they were the victims. They bang on about the EBT scheme being legal at the time and that they were just badly advised etc. Which we all know is utter bollocks. I truly believe a large section of their support actually think they didn't cheat and were instead fucked over by the rest of Scottish football who couldn't wait to bring them to their knees. And now they can't wait to get their "revenge". When the likes of Walter Smith peddles that pish it's no wonder the masses actually believe they didn't cheat.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14432736.neil-lennon-walter-smiths-bitter-comments-were-inflammatory-but-dont-tell-me-rangers-are-a-new-team/

Well I'm disillusioned too with afc dour football.

The sycophantic display of the media.

Our clubs horrendous rimming of the two old firm clubs.

The SFA and SPFL total refusal to take action on them.

The huns won't be allowed to go bust again.

I think the huns may well win the league this season.

And our club will just get into line as expected.

Fucking shameful

Nope. They were offered an out by the media post 2012 along the lines of well perhaps you didn’t go bust (club company) and simultaneously didn’t cheat (different club with small c). Of course that viewpoint is going to find healthy support.

But they know. Deep down, they know.

Oh they know for sure and its what’s driving them to be utter arseholes and over celebrating every goal like they have won the league. Their clubs death eats away at them and this rabid behaviour we are seeing, only goes to show every single one of us that we know they know!

It can’t last forever though... this behaviour, hatred and pishing big money away on a dream, will ultimately end them .

I would definitely be up for a complete ban of ugly sister fans at Pittodrie especially the huns.

Brilliant idea for both sides of the arse. Imagine no team gave tickets to them and they only had the 'old firm' games to attend. 800 away fans at each game. Fkn ace that would be. Fantasy I know.

That is outrageous.

I can't believe they can peddle that on national radio.

It's mental really.

Did they also explain why supporters clubs in Northern Ireland were begging the new club for orange away strips?

Is that because of all their Dutch fans in Northern Ireland is it?

Like I said yesterday, it matter not a joy what excuse they use- we know exactly what the fans perceive it to be about and for that reason alone any responsible club would stay well clear.