Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

Has anyone else noticed that all that has happened so far is that Bournemouth have had a bid accepted and someone has gone to talk to them on his behalf (or maybe him).

I don't know why people are trying to second guess a decision made by him that he is yet to make. Given that he is free to talk to any English club just now, there is nothing to suggest that he is chomping at the bit to sign for them yet.

True, but it's not the point, the point is its being entertained by him which says it all.

True, but it's not the point, the point is its being entertained by him which says it all.

If the door has been shut at the Dons (I don't know if it has, or if a deal is still on the table), he surely has to. As I said earlier in the thread, I don't want him completely dismissing any bid that sees the Dons getting a bigger return than they would if he leaves at the end of the contract.

Has anyone else noticed that all that has happened so far is that Bournemouth have had a bid accepted and someone has gone to talk to them on his behalf (or maybe him).

I don't know why people are trying to second guess a decision made by him that he is yet to make. Given that he is free to talk to any English club just now, there is nothing to suggest that he is chomping at the bit to sign for them yet.

Also nothing to suggest that he's NOT wanting to sign for them :dontknow:

Fraser will go south with an open mind and sources close to the kid insist he

according to the local rag he went down to watch them last night - its up to him his agent and his da - club accepted the offer he could then have said "look boss i'm not interested in playing for a bunh of no marks" instead he has siad yeah ok i'll go there cos I'll get a game (not becuase it will improve him and make him the best player he could be but because he will get a game)

yes maybe a bit of egg on face if we read on the BBC tonight that he has rejected bournemouth but he could have said no yesterday and didnt because he thought there was something in it for him - it wasnt development it was a pound sign

If the amount he's going for is anything close to what is rumoured then why are we accepting it? I'd rather he played for the remaining games left of the season and helped us, inevitably, win the Scottish Cup and get into Europe. Surely that is far more lucrative than accepting a bid which is not going to be anymore than 100k more than we'd have gotten from development costs.

I hope the money in the English game kills their game. It's already killed ours.

according to the local rag he went down to watch them last night - its up to him his agent and his da - club accepted the offer he could then have said "look boss i'm not interested in playing for a bunh of no marks" instead he has siad yeah ok i'll go there cos I'll get a game (not becuase it will improve him and make him the best player he could be but because he will get a game)

yes maybe a bit of egg on face if we read on the BBC tonight that he has rejected bournemouth but he could have said no yesterday and didnt because he thought there was something in it for him - it wasnt development it was a pound sign

Equally, while he is down there, his agent and him could be talking to any other club about a prospective transfer in the summer. Something I don't think he'd be able to go do if the bid wasn't accepted.

We all know that his mind was changed in the chase of money, so I'm all for Aberdeen FC getting as much money as possible. Couldn't give a fuck if that is at Manchester United or joing up with Zander at Burton Albion.

UNLESS, there is some way he can still end up staying at the club. Don't think that is the case though.

I'm quite pleased for Fyvie and Grimmer - both gone to places that will see them better themselves

I dont see it with Bournemouth though - what do they have to offer that he cant get here? That might be being a bit harsh on them but do they really offer anything nmore than we could?

Its good to see a good kid going on to bigger and better things, thats what you want to happen is very disheartening when you see them go off to something that isnt so

Bit like a daughter who is a bit of a looker marrying a roadsweeper - she might be happy and he may be the best guy in the world but you have a little tinge of disappointment that she didnt hook up with that guy who is studying to be a doctor

• Upvote 1

What terrible move for Fraser expect him to be back at partick thistle or the likes in 5/6 yrs time, this is utterly money motivated nothing else. Im not being funny but Bournemouth are a tiny no-mark club with very little in the way of history and tradition.

History don't pay the bills and we're making history by not winning a trophy in god knows how long.

I agree its not a good move. He wont be in the shop window and will most likely be back playing with a small Scots team.

Shouldnt just look at the training ground though but also the quality of the coaching

If they have shite coaches then the best training ground in the world wont help in the slightest, by the logic that say good training ground = good training standards Murray park should have gone on to produce an entire team full of players for Oldco Rangers and removed any chance of adminstration as they sold them off for Millions each year

It didnt

I would put Up an Ex Scotland boss with many years of experience on a shitey seaton against two or three average coaches on a top quality training ground any day of the week

• Upvote 3

Having gone to a few english 3rd div games I can quite categorically say it's fucking shite. Worse it's, perversely, pretty expensive. At best one team will have a decent young loan player from the premiership, at worst I honestly have seen better highland league games. Utter wank.

With its own propaganda network called SKY, telling the rest of the world how great english league football is. Dont buy into there bullshit!

• Upvote 1

I'm quite pleased for Fyvie and Grimmer - both gone to places that will see them better themselves

I dont see it with Bournemouth though - what do they have to offer that he cant get here? That might be being a bit harsh on them but do they really offer anything nmore than we could?

Its good to see a good kid going on to bigger and better things, thats what you want to happen is very disheartening when you see them go off to something that isnt so

Bit like a daughter who is a bit of a looker marrying a roadsweeper - she might be happy and he may be the best guy in the world but you have a little tinge of disappointment that she didnt hook up with that guy who is studying to be a doctor

Terrible analogy, unless you did some naughty stuff with your daughter prior to her marrying the sweeper. :laughing:

evening express said he was at their fixture last night watching from the stand

History don't pay the bills and we're making history by not winning a trophy in god knows how long.

I agree its not a good move. He wont be in the shop window and will most likely be back playing with a small Scots team.

To be fair though. We always say this but how often does/has that actually happened?

seems a standard sour grapes attitude from us "Scottish diddy teams" but with very little good reason to support that belief :dontknow:

Bournemouth fan here in peace!

Firstly, thanks to Karl Fletcher for amending our list of honours [ not that we have tons anyway ] Bournemouth FC are the Wessex League club, nothing to do with us! But yeh, we don't have a large amount of history and trophies, although we hope to change that one day maybe. My brother is friends with a few of your fans on Twitter, he's always had a 'thing' for you guys and he was told a few weeks ago that this was on the cards. I hadn't heard of Fraser to be honest but he seems to be a very promising player.

I was also surprised that he would come to us...and as I write, he obviously hasn't signed but was down for the game vs Wigan last night. We do need another winger and he seems to fit the bill for the type of players we want to have in the team. I would hope you don't hold it against us to want to sign him! I've seen a lot of dislike for AFCB on these pages but most of it is without foundation.

First off, its a great place to live, one of the nicest places in the UK. That isn't to say Aberdeen isn't by the way, I've never been! We have 3/4s of a very nice stadium, we may even get the fourth stand built one day! The facilities are second to none at our level as well, lots of investment, brand new training pitches next to the stadium too. We have have a great squad being built too, some of the most talented young players have been brought in, although we also have some dead wood that need shipping too. Fraser would slot in really well, alongside young players all being developed and capable of holding their own in the Championship. That is a realistic aim as well, this season. Our previous numpty of a manager nearly ruined the whole season but since Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall came home, we are flying. Until Wigan luckily beat us last night, we had gone 18 games unbeaten. I would be very surprised if we didn't reach the play offs at least now.

So...we have the potential...would it be such a bad move? If he came here and did well, he would be adored by the supporters, who all love a skillful player. We play the game in the right way. In the past, we have had some amazing players, all the best ones found their way up the leagues, scouts are at every match. He would either reach the Championship with us or be spotted and taken higher by himself. Players that have done well for us...Jermain Defoe, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Bertrand, Jack Cork, Jason Pearce, Andrew Surman,...just to name a few.

So don't hate us for trying to get him...its a damned good little club...we may never be the biggest in the land but we have a very loyal band of supporters...and the players seem to love playing here...lets see what will happen first though!

• Upvote 6

Why couldn't Fraser have held off? He's a decent player and could have gotten himself a much better club that Boremouth. First club come in and he's away...says a lot about the mentality of the modern footballer.

looks like he is a daddys boy who does as he is told

anyway less chance of losing his wallet there

his dad must be a fucking moron letting him go to the mighty Bournemouth

Firstly, thanks to Karl Fletcher for amending our list of honours [ not that we have tons anyway ] Bournemouth FC are the Wessex League club, nothing to do with us! But yeh, we don't have a large amount of history and trophies, although we hope to change that one day maybe. My brother is friends with a few of your fans on Twitter, he's always had a 'thing' for you guys and he was told a few weeks ago that this was on the cards. I hadn't heard of Fraser to be honest but he seems to be a very promising player.

I was also surprised that he would come to us...and as I write, he obviously hasn't signed but was down for the game vs Wigan last night. We do need another winger and he seems to fit the bill for the type of players we want to have in the team. I would hope you don't hold it against us to want to sign him! I've seen a lot of dislike for AFCB on these pages but most of it is without foundation.

First off, its a great place to live, one of the nicest places in the UK. That isn't to say Aberdeen isn't by the way, I've never been! We have 3/4s of a very nice stadium, we may even get the fourth stand built one day! The facilities are second to none at our level as well, lots of investment, brand new training pitches next to the stadium too. We have have a great squad being built too, some of the most talented young players have been brought in, although we also have some dead wood that need shipping too. Fraser would slot in really well, alongside young players all being developed and capable of holding their own in the Championship. That is a realistic aim as well, this season. Our previous numpty of a manager nearly ruined the whole season but since Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall came home, we are flying. Until Wigan luckily beat us last night, we had gone 18 games unbeaten. I would be very surprised if we didn't reach the play offs at least now.

So...we have the potential...would it be such a bad move? If he came here and did well, he would be adored by the supporters, who all love a skillful player. We play the game in the right way. In the past, we have had some amazing players, all the best ones found their way up the leagues, scouts are at every match. He would either reach the Championship with us or be spotted and taken higher by himself. Players that have done well for us...Jermain Defoe, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Bertrand, Jack Cork, Jason Pearce, Andrew Surman,...just to name a few.

So don't hate us for trying to get him...its a damned good little club...we may never be the biggest in the land but we have a very loyal band of supporters...and the players seem to love playing here...lets see what will happen first though!

Fair enough we are just pissed off that we have lost him after him saying he was staying

any idea how much he or Bournemouth players get paid as it seems to be a money move for him.

Not so much dislike for your club per say. More a dislike that he is even considering a move there rather than doing the decent thing here & getting us a better return for him by signing a new deal with a view for selling him for proper money rather than "slightly more" than Summer compo.

This is not (at the moment) a step up for him (which is what he claims he wants) it may be IF you get to the championship but you are not there yet.

At the moment, going to you would just be a sideways step. All be it for better money but a sideways step at best all the same.

Good luck though with getting to the championship & especially more so if he does sign for you

Hear what you say......but he could still have done a lot better.

His thinking seems to be to move to get regular football at a poorer team and use them as a stepping stone, rather than sign for a Cardiff or other good Championship club and maybe not get regular football.

We seem to have quite a few youngsters coming through making the first team squad in recent years, for example: Jack, Shaughnessy, Robertson, Fyvie, Grimmer, Fraser, Smith, McManus, Masson etc.

Does anybody who knows about all the youth teams reckon that there will be a steady supply of players making the break or have we been "lucky" in the past few years?

Hear what you say......but he could still have done a lot better.

His thinking seems to be to move to get regular football at a poorer team and use them as a stepping stone, rather than sign for a Cardiff or other good Championship club and maybe not get regular football.

If you put it like that then he's making the right choice imo.

Similar money & play regular is better than similar money & bench warm unless he is a greedy & LAZY fucker

From what I've read you haven't learnt in the slightest from admin and nearly going bust and are on the speculate to accumulate model

This 6 million "loan" you got ( that there is no rush to pay back) looks as if its been spent already in the hope of promotion. Don't get it and its deep trouble i would suggest

Do get it and you need 13000 gates that double your average and a 50% increase in capacity. In a stand you won't build until promotion is assured so there is at least 1/2 a season if not more of less than capacity.

The reason you can offer Fraser better money is you are using a failed business model - where as we are cutting our cloth.

There is so much trouble coming to lower divisions in England soon and so many clubs are renting grinds like yourself that they are going to go to the wall in big numbers you can see an epl a championship and two regional part time divisions below soon when teams that speculate to accumulate realise it doesn't work

If you put it like that then he's making the right choice imo.

Similar money & play regular is better than similar money & bench warm unless he is a greedy & LAZY fucker

Yeah I can see that side of the argument.

I still think he could play for a Championship side no problem.

His agent has dropped a major bollock if you ask me.

We seem to have quite a few youngsters coming through making the first team squad in recent years, for example: Jack, Shaughnessy, Robertson, Fyvie, Grimmer, Fraser, Smith, McManus, Masson etc.

Does anybody who knows about all the youth teams reckon that there will be a steady supply of players making the break or have we been "lucky" in the past few years?

Finances will dictate we have to....whether they're good enough or not.

• Site Sponsor
1358369147[/url]' post='877882']

Not luck. We have a very good youth system set up by Willie Miller and carried on by Neil Simpson.