Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

no Stoney I think people realise where we are as a club in comparison to Cardiff we are not massive - but also realise that in comparison to Bournemouth we have a much higher profile

A crap TV deal BUT we will be on TV more than Bournemouth (which just goes to show how crap our deal is!)

You think we are as big a club as Cardiff?

To be fair, if we have a decent sell on clause put into the deal, then we have a better chance of getting it with him going to them than a top flight club I'd say.

Say he went to fulham, wigan etc. it's more likely they'd rather keep a hold of him than sell him, where as Bournemouth would more likely cash in

Why would Bournemouth allow a sell on clause or is it automatic?

If all Leagues came together, where would people place us then?

AS THINGS STAND RIGHT NOW...

Lower championship for me, having seen league one and championship games lately, but we'll never know for sure. Everyone will have an opinion but there isn't a right answer.

Why would Bournemouth allow a sell on clause or is it automatic?

I know Aberdeen are pretty useless (it seems) when it comes to selling players but sell on clauses are pretty much standard now a days.

& the fact the Aberdeen's demands have been met & Bournemouth are allowed to speak to Fraser about a move in Jan would indicate that the sell on clause (usually standard now) has been agreed :dontknow:

Aberdeen would be crazy not to insist on one.

Bournemouth AFC

Play at Dean Court with a capacity of 10,700: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Court

Some of their players who I recognise:

Charlie Sheringham (son of Teddy)

Brett Pittman (name pops up on Soccer Saturday)

David James (struggling for a club clearly)

Lewis Grabban (Loaned to Motherwell one year)

Richard Hughes (Scottish international, ding player)

Lorenzo Davids (cousin of Edgar)

So one has been goalie, one loanee, one barely Scottish international, and 3 guys whose name you know not from actually playing football.

magic squad they've got there when that's the best of it :clangers2:

Quick google came across this post from a AFC B fan -

Our wages are about 4 or 5 times higher than anything we've ever known before, you'll find no Bournemouth fan under any delusions over that. We're now totally dependent on the Russian backers, the club;s natural income couldn't sustain the player bill at all.

There's now 3 Russian business owners on the board (2 more joined the other week) and they sponsor everything at the club that isn't tied down to boost the club's income as much as possible, so we do abide by the rules (although not morally I fully agree). We're just lucky (in a very scarey and nerve-wrecking way) that Poole happens to contain Sandbanks, an area full of million/billionaires (such as the Redknapp family), and one or two happen to have taken a liking to the club. Eddie Mitchell the chairman built most of the Sandbanks mansions and knows all these stupidly wealthy people as a result.

It will all end badly at some stage I'm sure. Whether that's 6 months, 6 years, or whatever, who knows. We can ask the questions and hope the answers we get back are honest, but we can't really know. And we can make plans for the worst should it ever happen. However it's worth noting that the same group of Russians have links to a German club called Fortuna Dusseldorf, who have been backed from the German lower leagues into the German top flight.

Sand foundations.

Why you interested, you never show an interest in anything Aberdeen FC unless it is to question people.

I was digging on the Bournemouth forums...

Their wages are pretty high since this new consortium took over, so they were saying.

I like to question, there's too many folk who like to pass off guesses and fantasies as accurate information.

We don't see you that much in this forum either unless it's to criticise the lack of atmosphere and dearth of songs at Pittodrie. Your solution to the problem isn't quite as forthcoming.

• Upvote 3

Starting to hope he goes now and we get some money for him, getting fed up of this speculation. Good player and hopes he makes it, IF he goes.

Then we can recall Pawlett and hope his fag-paper legs hold up, so he can get a run of games - I still think he can be a good player for us.

We better have learned our lesson from this though, and start tying youngsters down.

if we were to get 300k for Fraser we should just go straight to Caley and get Shinnie and Doran for 100k a piece. Both better, both older, both more goals this season, both more assists this season, both more international appearances, both better full stop. Oh and out of contract in May

So you would sanction spunking £200K on two players you could get for nothing in around 12 weeks time? Put the money back into the youth development system.

And also, where would the money for their wages come from, bearing in mind that we are maxed out wages wise and would only have Frasers current wage (peanuts) to play with.

You've nae really thought this out have you? Or would you be wanting to go down the 'speculate to accumulate' route that has served us so well in the past?

Watch most the Saturday evening Championship games and the only team I've genuinely thought would give us a pasting was Cardiff, and that was only after their 2nd half performance as they were awful in the first half. We'd comfortably avoid relegation whilst being nowhere near the playoff spots.

Folk on here need to stop believing the SKY hype. As Fatshaft has said many times it's all about the Production factor and effort put in to promoting the product. FFS Soccer Saturday puts more effort in to giving you the Conference updates than they do the SPL.

Bournemouth a better move than extending his deal here? Give me a break.

• Upvote 4

i just find it disappointing in comparison with an olympic athlete (which was the first part of my argument), its not so much who and where its more the lack of ambition and drive to succeed that is so sad

Take olympic athletes teir ambition is to be the best they can at their sport - The modern footballer seems to have the ambition of having as much money as he can as early as possible and they dont care if that means they are the best they can. Some medallists had been at their sport for years and eventually achieved a life dream of a medal not many footballers fall into that bracket of dedication these days

I found it quite a depressing state of affairs to be honest and it does turn you off football to see some of the olypics last year really did show what it SHOULD mean to be an athlete. Foot ballers think they have "arrived" becuase they can afford the nice car and the house not because they have won anything

Something sadly wrong there

Do yer own digging to prove that I'm wrong, I was just pissing around on the messageboards and found stuff.

Well that's a lie, recently I've posted about Fraser, and also mentioned I'm going to Inverness...

Did you agree to that when you were drunk? Not sure if you mentioned it.

• Upvote 1