Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

Bournemouth fan here in peace!

Firstly, thanks to Karl Fletcher for amending our list of honours [ not that we have tons anyway ] Bournemouth FC are the Wessex League club, nothing to do with us! But yeh, we don't have a large amount of history and trophies, although we hope to change that one day maybe. My brother is friends with a few of your fans on Twitter, he's always had a 'thing' for you guys and he was told a few weeks ago that this was on the cards. I hadn't heard of Fraser to be honest but he seems to be a very promising player.

I was also surprised that he would come to us...and as I write, he obviously hasn't signed but was down for the game vs Wigan last night. We do need another winger and he seems to fit the bill for the type of players we want to have in the team. I would hope you don't hold it against us to want to sign him! I've seen a lot of dislike for AFCB on these pages but most of it is without foundation.

First off, its a great place to live, one of the nicest places in the UK. That isn't to say Aberdeen isn't by the way, I've never been! We have 3/4s of a very nice stadium, we may even get the fourth stand built one day! The facilities are second to none at our level as well, lots of investment, brand new training pitches next to the stadium too. We have have a great squad being built too, some of the most talented young players have been brought in, although we also have some dead wood that need shipping too. Fraser would slot in really well, alongside young players all being developed and capable of holding their own in the Championship. That is a realistic aim as well, this season. Our previous numpty of a manager nearly ruined the whole season but since Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall came home, we are flying. Until Wigan luckily beat us last night, we had gone 18 games unbeaten. I would be very surprised if we didn't reach the play offs at least now.

So...we have the potential...would it be such a bad move? If he came here and did well, he would be adored by the supporters, who all love a skillful player. We play the game in the right way. In the past, we have had some amazing players, all the best ones found their way up the leagues, scouts are at every match. He would either reach the Championship with us or be spotted and taken higher by himself. Players that have done well for us...Jermain Defoe, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Bertrand, Jack Cork, Jason Pearce, Andrew Surman,...just to name a few.

So don't hate us for trying to get him...its a damned good little club...we may never be the biggest in the land but we have a very loyal band of supporters...and the players seem to love playing here...lets see what will happen first though!

Nice post

Wish our club could show similar ambition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From what I've read you haven't learnt in the slightest from admin and nearly going bust and are on the speculate to accumulate model

This 6 million "loan" you got ( that there is no rush to pay back) looks as if its been spent already in the hope of promotion. Don't get it and its deep trouble i would suggest

Do get it and you need 13000 gates that double your average and a 50% increase in capacity. In a stand you won't build until promotion is assured so there is at least 1/2 a season if not more of less than capacity.

The reason you can offer Fraser better money is you are using a failed business model - where as we are cutting our cloth.

There is so much trouble coming to lower divisions in England soon and so many clubs are renting grinds like yourself that they are going to go to the wall in big numbers you can see an epl a championship and two regional part time divisions below soon when teams that speculate to accumulate realise it doesn't work

Cheating cunts basically, see Dundee/hearts

6,500 a week? Good chance of playing week in, week out....without getting hammered every game by Scotlands hatchet men

Who honestly wouldnt except this?

If he's good enough, he'll be snapped up by a bigger club, i think its a great move for him

What about his sense of loyalty to the club who put him in this position? I wouldn't expect him to stay his entire career but at least until his early 20's. Footballers are ridden with greed which is fulled by even greedier agents and stupid parents.

• Upvote 2

bournemouth.................? :hysterical:

wonder what tinyweelad has to say about this? :zoomer:

Not sure what you want me to say. I never stated what sort of club he'd end up at, more so that he'd be getting a shed load more than he is on, or would have been on, had he accepted the new deal with AFC.

Aberdeen would not compete in the Championship of England.

League 1 is the level Aberdeen are at, but given the money Englandshire clubs are given - they could become a Championship side who'd compete.

Hud the bus! OK, we've maybe not as good as squad as we did a few years back when Tango arrived, but we beat Dnipro on away goals, humped Copenhagen, played Bayern off the park at times, and gave a good account of ourselves against Athletico Madrid.

To compare apples for apples is impossible as we have to work within the confines of SPL income. But to say, were we to meet any Championship side team in a cup comp, that we wouldn't hold our own if not win, is pure pish. It's more so part of the lack of importance and atmosphere placed on games versus the likes of St Mirren and Dundee, that make our games insipid. Playing on a larger arena always brings out the best in teams. Heck, even Celtic look good in the CL at times! And you're not telling me they are 3 divisions better than us when we're on our game.

AFC are not a million miles away from being a very good side. If we have a Russian investor, who chucked 5-6 million our way, I'd be looking to be challenging for the SPL title and getting into CL. I dare say, if we had a decent new stadium, new training facilties, and a few decent house hold names, we'd have crowds in excess of 20k each week. It wasn't that long ago that 15k was an average size crowd for run of the mill games versus Hearts, Utd, Hibs etc and sell outs v the old firm. AFC are the proverbial sleeping giant, just sad therefore, that we have a clown as a Chairman.

If he does end up at Bournemouth, then fair enough. We shouldn't get upset. As I stated earlier in this thread, he's being swayed by money mostly. He'd get more limelight in the Chanpionship and if continues his early promise, then he'll get game time. If not, then he'll stagnate in League 1, albeit getting more cash, buy playing in front of lower crowds, in a League that no one is interested in. At least in SPL, we have chances of Europe and winning our national cup. Bournemouth have no chance of either. Personally, I think his game plan is 1 season there and get a move up to Championship or PL side.

You're 'sort of' basically agreeing with me there in a strange backward sort of way though.

We'd initially be in the relegation spots, hence the reason I said we'd be a League 1 side - work our way up to Championship level, get the money from promotion etc, then we'd become an established Championship side, but only with the money that comes with the Englandshire game.

Aberdeen are not good enough for Championship level at this present moment in time.

Pish, but again, impossible to compare as we have a fraction of their income. Give us even £1m a season on top of current budget and we'd be able to hold our own, I have no doubt about that.

Love how folk still think we are a massive club even though its been 13 years since our last cup final and 18 years since our last honour :clangers2:

We've had a cluster f*ck of management decisions, and a youth policy that needed ripped up and thrown away. Coupled with a manager in Calerwood who wasn't interested in developing youth. I think we're heading in the right direction, but debt has been holding us back, as had a fanny of a Chairman. AFC remain a huge club in terms of potential.

Fraser is moving for 6.5k a week!!!!

Probably - dunno why folk found that hard to get into their pea brain heids!

Bournemouth fan here in peace!

Firstly, thanks to Karl Fletcher for amending our list of honours [ not that we have tons anyway ] Bournemouth FC are the Wessex League club, nothing to do with us! But yeh, we don't have a large amount of history and trophies, although we hope to change that one day maybe. My brother is friends with a few of your fans on Twitter, he's always had a 'thing' for you guys and he was told a few weeks ago that this was on the cards. I hadn't heard of Fraser to be honest but he seems to be a very promising player.

I was also surprised that he would come to us...and as I write, he obviously hasn't signed but was down for the game vs Wigan last night. We do need another winger and he seems to fit the bill for the type of players we want to have in the team. I would hope you don't hold it against us to want to sign him! I've seen a lot of dislike for AFCB on these pages but most of it is without foundation.

First off, its a great place to live, one of the nicest places in the UK. That isn't to say Aberdeen isn't by the way, I've never been! We have 3/4s of a very nice stadium, we may even get the fourth stand built one day! The facilities are second to none at our level as well, lots of investment, brand new training pitches next to the stadium too. We have have a great squad being built too, some of the most talented young players have been brought in, although we also have some dead wood that need shipping too. Fraser would slot in really well, alongside young players all being developed and capable of holding their own in the Championship. That is a realistic aim as well, this season. Our previous numpty of a manager nearly ruined the whole season but since Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall came home, we are flying. Until Wigan luckily beat us last night, we had gone 18 games unbeaten. I would be very surprised if we didn't reach the play offs at least now.

So...we have the potential...would it be such a bad move? If he came here and did well, he would be adored by the supporters, who all love a skillful player. We play the game in the right way. In the past, we have had some amazing players, all the best ones found their way up the leagues, scouts are at every match. He would either reach the Championship with us or be spotted and taken higher by himself. Players that have done well for us...Jermain Defoe, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Bertrand, Jack Cork, Jason Pearce, Andrew Surman,...just to name a few.

So don't hate us for trying to get him...its a damned good little club...we may never be the biggest in the land but we have a very loyal band of supporters...and the players seem to love playing here...lets see what will happen first though!

That's all well and good Dave fae Bournemouth, but lets cut to the chase. Can we interest you in a 'keeper?

• Upvote 6

If the amount he's going for is anything close to what is rumoured then why are we accepting it? I'd rather he played for the remaining games left of the season and helped us, inevitably, win the Scottish Cup and get into Europe. Surely that is far more lucrative than accepting a bid which is not going to be anymore than 100k more than we'd have gotten from development costs.

Bit in the press says this:

Bournemouth are believed to be the only club so far to have met Aberdeen

• Upvote 3

Or Plastic "Ryan" Bertrand

Wham

Bang

Mon chat "Splash" gite sur mon lit a bouffe

Sa langue en buvant trop mon whysky

Quand a moi peu dormi

Vide

Brime

J'ai du dormir dans la goutiere

Oil j'ai un flash

Ouh

Ouh

Ouh.

En 4 couleurs

Allez op

Un matin

Une louloute est v'nue chez moi

Poupee de cellophane

Cheveux chinois

Sparadrap

Une gueule de bois

A bu ma biere dans un grand verre en caoutchouc

(Ouh

Ouh

Ouh) comme un indien dans son igloo

Ca plane pour moi

Ca plane pour moi

Moi

Moi

Moi

Moi

Ca plane pour moi

(Ouh

Ouh

Ouh) ca plane pour moi

Allez hop

La mama

Quel panard

Quelle vibration

De s'envoyer sur le paillasson

Lime

Ruine

Vide

Comble

You are the king of the divan

Qu'elle me dit en passant

(Ouh

Ouh

Quh) I'm the king of the di - van

Ca plane p6ur mai

Ca glane gour moi

. . .

Allez hop

T'occupes

T'inquietes

Touches pas ma planete

It's not today que le ciel me tombera sur la tete

Et que la colle me manquera

(Ouh

Ouh

Ouh) ca plane pour moi

Ca plane pour moi

Ca plane pour moi

. . .

Allez hop

Ma nana s'est tiree

S'est barree

Enfin c'est marre

A tout casse

L'evier

Le bar

Me laissant seul comme un grand connard

(Ouh

Ouh

Ouh) le pied dans le plat

Ca plane pour moi

Ca plane pour moi

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6,500 a week? Good chance of playing week in, week out....without getting hammered every game by Scotlands hatchet men

Who honestly wouldnt except this?

If he's good enough, he'll be snapped up by a bigger club, i think its a great move for him

Plenty hatchet men down in League One in England believe it or not!

A certain Zander Diamond played there last season....

Anyway, it's nothing personal with your club Bournemouth Dave, we'd be saying the same if it was Walsall or Leyton Orient too.