January Transfers

What players would you wish to see leave Pittodrie, and who would you like to see come in through the door? Be reasonable,we'd all like to see Messi in a Dons top!

Out

Scott Vernon - poor ball control, slow, doesn't close balls down when opposition has possession.

Rory Fallon - worst current team footballer, wouldn't even sign him for a Sunday league team.

In

Andrew Shinnie from Inverness but think he's still in contract until the summer.

Craig Samson from St Mirren seems to be a good keeper, good handling and saves.

Out - fallon, langfield, Clark & Jason brown

In - new keeper, midfielder and striker

agree but i would rather have a better keeper and striker if it meant no midfielder in.

I know he is 29 but i would like to see Michael Higdon as his scoring record seems to be getting better where ever he plays

1 in 8 games Crewe

1 in 4 games Falkirk

1 in 3 games St Midden

more than 1 in 2 games Murderwell

Think he is out of contract in summer

in an ideal world, bin clark, langfield, brown, fallon and fraser.

bringing in cammy bell should be a priority.

If we're talking ideal world, then I'd;

Sell/Release; Langfield, Jason Brown, Clark, Fallon, Megginson and sell Fraser to the highest bidder - but two of them are under contract and no-one is daft enough to offer money for Clark or Langfield

Bring In; Bell, A Shinnie, and a striker

I wouldn't get rid of anyone in Jan except for Brown and Fraser (the wee wannabe journeyman can GTF & start warming Leicester or whoever's bench).

I'd bring in Craig Gordon on a play for pay contract but with the promise of a better deal if he proves his fitness. Still can't believe nobody's taken a chance on him.

Midfield's more difficult. Ideally I'd go for a versatile player. A lot of folks have mentioned Paddy McCourt and I reckon that's a good shout. The Caley stars will all be nabbed by English sides or sign new deal IMO.

I wouldn't get rid of anyone in Jan except for Brown and Fraser (the wee wannabe journeyman can GTF & start warming Leicester or whoever's bench).

I'd bring in Craig Gordon on a play for pay contract but with the promise of a better deal if he proves his fitness. Still can't believe nobody's taken a chance on him.

Midfield's more difficult. Ideally I'd go for a versatile player. A lot of folks have mentioned Paddy McCourt and I reckon that's a good shout. The Caley stars will all be nabbed by English sides or sign new deal IMO.

Craig Gordon is a pipe dream IMO.

As for Paddy McCourt, the only place he'd get employment in Aberdeen is at the stallies in Codonas

Craig Gordon is a pipe dream IMO.

As for Paddy McCourt, the only place he'd get employment in Aberdeen is at the stallies in Codonas

Pipedream or not he's unemployed and needs to prove himself before a rich team will take him on. We can steal in there in the same way we did with Osbourne.

Don't agree on McCourt. McGinn's been a big success so why not a pacey attack-minded dribbler like McCourt? He's not getting a look in at Celtic.

Apart from maybe another keeper coming in to replace Brown (fat) if he goes only other players coming in will be youngsters returning from loan who Brown (old) will hail as just like new signings. Can see Ryan Fraser not going until the summer as why would any club pay a fee for him now when they can pick him up for next to nothing in the summer.

I dont think there will be any ins or outs in january apart from maybe like mcmanus on loan to forfar etc

we'll just have to swallow our pride re ryan fraser and play him rest of season

and talk of binning vernon is insane, yes this season has been shit for him but best player two seasons ago and one of our best players last season so we forget about this one for him cut him some slack and look forward to him being in the squad next season. he has three this season he could still go on a run and get a few it is not going to be a mackie 1 goal season

I dont think there will be any ins or outs in january apart from maybe like mcmanus on loan to forfar etc

we'll just have to swallow our pride re ryan fraser and play him rest of season

and talk of binning vernon is insane, yes this season has been shit for him but best player two seasons ago and one of our best players last season so we forget about this one for him cut him some slack and look forward to him being in the squad next season. he has three this season he could still go on a run and get a few it is not going to be a mackie 1 goal season

Agree that it's a good idea for McManus to go out on loan.

He could score as much goals as he likes.

Brown isn't going to pick him over the waste of a shirt that is Fallon and/or Vernon.

Speaking of Vernon.

Why should we cut him some slack?

He's stinking the place out with his current displays.

You're only as good as your last game and in his case the game before that, the game before that etc.

He was poor 2nd half of last season as well if I'm being honest and only his goals masked that.

I like Vernon and thought we had an answer to our goal scoring problems, but for me he doesn't have enough game intelligence to play the way we are now.

And he certainly doesn't have the intelligence to play centre mid.

Vernon has never been the same since Aluko and Maguire left. Whatever it was they did for him, no one else has managed to do it. His confidence must have hit the depths, and I doubt if it will ever come back if he keeps missing so many opportunities to score.

Hayes and Fraser are far better players than Aluko and Bebo so that is pure shite talk

Vernon is fucking awful and wouldnt get a start for any of our rivals, but once again, we stick with shite cause we are paying him too much

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hayes and Fraser are far better players than Aluko and Bebo so that is pure shite talk

Vernon is fucking awful and wouldnt get a start for any of our rivals, but once again, we stick with shite cause we are paying him too much

I dispute that. Hayes hasn't shown enough consistency so far. And how many games has Fraser had, not nearly enough. If Hull get promotion Aluko will be a premiership star next season. And we all know that Maguire had the skill, but, like many others, the wrong attitude. Maybe it wasn't totally intentional, but he combined well with Vernon.

• Downvote 1

Samson yer having a laugh. No better than Langfield.

There must be better out there with a bit of scouting. For instance could we tempt Sunderland to loan us Westwood? Falkirk unearthed a young Kasper so there are options and good options out there if we look hard enough.

You've hit on a very big fault of ours......our scouting.....it's poor.

If Dundee United can unearth a couple of good keepers from abroad, why can't we?

taken from here

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee/207722-the-155-spl-players-who-are-free-to-find-a-new-club-in-january/

The 143 out of contract SPL stars

Aberdeen

Isaac Osbourne, Jason Brown, Gary Naysmith, Russell Anderson, Chris Clark, Gavin Rae, Rory Fallon, Rob Milsom, Josh Magennis, Mitch Megginson, Ryan Fraser, Danny Rogers.

Celtic

Paddy McCourt, Thomas Rogne.

Dundee

Brian Easton, Gary Irvine, Stephen O