Audi's Being Stolen In Aberdeen

Poodler

Saying they cant because of H&S is a defence. When they throw out this line they just hope that the general public are daft enough to believe it. If it wasnt allowed because of safety then no police force would chase.

Its policy to save money. No high speed pursuits mean no high speed pursuit driver training for 1700 officers. Slopey shouldering it to safety just makes it sound better.

To be fair I dont see the point and would be totally against the high speed pursuit of a stolen car, if either party crash's and a member of the public dies.... all over a stolen car? fuk that

Imagine you lost a loved one over the cops chasing a stolen piece of metal..?

The failure to follow and or even attempt to stop is the real shambles IMO.

Saying they cant because of H&S is a defence. When they throw out this line they just hope that the general public are daft enough to believe it. If it wasnt allowed because of safety then no police force would chase.

Its policy to save money. No high speed pursuits mean no high speed pursuit driver training for 1700 officers. Slopey shouldering it to safety just makes it sound better.

are you guessing this spam? or do you know for fact.

didnt a rozzer in england die recently in a high speed chase. thats by the by

im probably all for letting them drive away but giving them seriously harsgh custodial sentences as punsishment. that winna happen with prioson costs though.

im probably all for letting them drive away but giving them seriously harsgh custodial sentences as punsishment. that winna happen with prioson costs though.

http://news.sky.com/story/1034250/man-charged-after-girls-car-chase-death - nae worth something like this over a piece of metal IMO

Its a fact.

http://news.sky.com/story/1034250/man-charged-after-girls-car-chase-death - nae worth something like this over a piece of metal IMO

I'm not going to put a value on a life but the cost of car crime to the country in general far outweighs the chance someone may get hurt on the odd occasion.

Insurance premiums are sky high, work days lost, insurance companies squirming out of paying the full value and trying to squirm out of paying full stop costs the country millions yearly and as we're being informed of on here their are now facebook campaigns etc that will, if not checked, end up in some sort of vigilantly outburst which in this country only ever ends in the vigilantly being charged.

I'd guess, and it is just a guess, that more people are hurt or killed by joy riders that are not being chased than by police cars chasing joy riders.

The flip side of your argument is how would you feel if a family member was killed by a joy rider knowing the police in Grampian do nothing at all about the crime when it is 'live' bar radio in to central where the car is.

I had my bike nicked last year, police did nothing at all apart from pick me up outside tesco and place me in a cell for 2 hours because they knew I was doing what they wouldnt, looking for the little cunt to dish out some justice. I recovered my bike, not the police, I caught the cunt on it, not the police and when the courts let him off I then had to get the money he cost me back myself.

Why should I pay taxes to provide a police service when that service does not protect my property, recover my property or prosecute the person guilty of taking my property?

For me this isnt about a shiny metal box that costs

• Upvote 3

Its a fact.

I'm not going to put a value on a life but the cost of car crime to the country in general far outweighs the chance someone may get hurt on the odd occasion.

Insurance premiums are sky high, work days lost, insurance companies squirming out of paying the full value and trying to squirm out of paying full stop costs the country millions yearly and as we're being informed of on here their are now facebook campaigns etc that will, if not checked, end up in some sort of vigilantly outburst which in this country only ever ends in the vigilantly being charged.

I'd guess, and it is just a guess, that more people are hurt or killed by joy riders that are not being chased than by police cars chasing joy riders.

The flip side of your argument is how would you feel if a family member was killed by a joy rider knowing the police in Grampian do nothing at all about the crime when it is 'live' bar radio in to central where the car is.

I had my bike nicked last year, police did nothing at all apart from pick me up outside tesco and place me in a cell for 2 hours because they knew I was doing what they wouldnt, looking for the little cunt to dish out some justice. I recovered my bike, not the police, I caught the cunt on it, not the police and when the courts let him off I then had to get the money he cost me back myself.

Why should I pay taxes to provide a police service when that service does not protect my property, recover my property or prosecute the person guilty of taking my property?

For me this isnt about a shiny metal box that costs

Guest milne_afc

A road racer in England posted videos of him and his pals tearing through the streets in races of up to 120mph on You Tube.

His 'sentence' was a banning order from posting any videos for 2 years.

British justice is a joke.

Got a link for that?

A road racer in England posted videos of him and his pals tearing through the streets in races of up to 120mph on You Tube.

His 'sentence' was a banning order from posting any videos for 2 years.

British justice is a joke.

Would there not be an issue with legally proving the speed to give them any other conviction?

Was on some program on BBC3 (I think) last night. Programme to do with crazy stuff happening on Internet. Loved the one where couple sped through puddle soaking kids then claimed when charged kids wanted them to do it.

haha aye seen that, funny you didnt see any kids jumping with glee after being soaked in their vid...

Well , I just don't believe rgudon's statement - to the effect that if the Grampian cops see a stolen car they're no allowed to do anything other than tell HQ where they've seen it

Well, why do you think the coppers are doing that? Because they can't be arsed while out on patrol?

Well, why do you think the coppers are doing that? Because they can't be arsed while out on patrol?

I dinna think they're doing that (ie fuck all)....and I dinna believe that their bosses have telt them to do fuck all if they see a stolen car ,other than tell somebody at Queen St far they've seen it

My Grunny had an auld transistor radio that used to pick up the bobbies, was ace as a loon listening to the calls.

:sherlock:

You can get apps that let you listen to the Filth on your mobile device. Not sure if UK cities are covered, but I'd be surprised if they aren't.

Bonus with that is you can listen to frequencies abroad, so if you want to listen to the NYPD then just search and listen.

5-0 Scanner I think it is.

Heed man at Dumfries and Galloway now is from the north east ex Huntly player

Its nae him, her da's been retired a few years.

Well , I just don't believe rgudon's statement - to the effect that if the Grampian cops see a stolen car they're no allowed to do anything other than tell HQ where they've seen it

Thats exactly what they are allowed to do and no more. Thats why its called a no chase policy ;)