Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Tom Boyd

Turned off at the 3rd goal, but was getting close at 0-0 to be honest, constant use of "we" is irritating on a neutral broadcaster.

Also noted for the slight nudge on Griffiths where they were claiming for a penalty he used the "seen them given", aye - at Parkhead and Ibrox by biased Scottish referees.

He said something about "no better sight in football" than Celtic fans singing you'll never walk alone

A Liverpool song is it, Thomas :laughing:

Actually it's a Rogers & Hammerstein song, which originally appeared in the musical Carousel.

Liverpool only started singing it because of the Gerry Marsden cover version.

Not sure how your average Shellic fan would react to knowing that their beloved anthem is really a piece of camp musical theatre, but there we are.

Well, this is going to be unpopular, and I admit, it's based on not watching any of it or hearing any of the shite.

But well done Celtic, decided the tie early on and didn't humiliate the opposition.

I've no love for the weegie bastards but given that they were playing no more than a decent pub team, and given the stick they deservedly took for their loss last week, at least they left the Gibraltarians with some dignity.

• Downvote 14

Am I right in saying if Astana beat them they drop into the UEFA rd 4 with (the famous) winners of lev ski or Maribor and us or, to avoid counting chickens, Ventspils?

Aye they'll go into the 4th Europa round when they get pumped by Astana. If by some miracle they get through to the final qualifier and then get pumped they go into the groups of the Europa league, cause that's not blatantly corrupt as fuck as it?

Well, this is going to be unpopular, and I admit, it's based on not watching any of it or hearing any of the shite.

But well done Celtic, decided the tie early on and didn't humiliate the opposition.

I've no love for the weegie bastards but given that they were playing no more than a decent pub team, and given the stick they deservedly took for their loss last week, at least they left the Gibraltarians with some dignity.

:wtf:

You need to amend your username, Specifically by deleting the 'dons' part.

Well I suppose I knew my post would be misinterpreted when I wrote it so it's all my own fault.

Lets just say that I'm glad Celtic didn't put 12 past them.

It's an honourable exit for the imps with nothing to cloud their excellent win last week.

You honestly think Celtic only scored 3 because they "didn't want to humiliate" them?!

:zoomer:

So basically if they beat Astana they are guaranteed at least Group stage UEFA?

As good as. They'll play a team that has come through from the previous Europa QR round e.g. a team like us or Maribor. If they beat Astana and go out of the 4th CL qualification round then they'll be placed straight into the Europa group stages. It's all just one giant scheme to keep the rich clubs rich. On top of that it's almost impossible to increase a coefficient when you consider that Aberdeen has accumulated 2 points from our last two seasons in Europe and teams from the EPL automatically get 4 points before kicking a ball, because they get to go directly to the groups. We really should just tell UEFA to go and fuck themselves and form this Atlantic League or something.