Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

FOLLOWING the conviction of Mr James Torbett at Glasgow Sheriff Court, Celtic Football Club wishes to express our deep regret that the incidents took place and sympathy for the victims who suffered abuse. We are grateful for the courage of those who have come forward to report abuse and to give evidence after such a long period of time. We have great respect for them and their families as they continue to cope with the distressing effects of the abuse they suffered.

Allegations regarding abuse at Celtic Boys’ Club first emerged in the 1990s. Although Celtic Football Club is an entirely separate organisation, we have always taken these allegations extremely seriously because of our historic contacts with Celtic Boys’ Club. All investigations by the police and other inquiries were given our full support. We encouraged any individuals involved to report all information to the police so that matters could be investigated fully. Celtic Football Club continues to encourage any victim of abuse to report these crimes to the police.

After the allegations became known in the 1990s, Celtic Football Club took steps to develop a new code of conduct and procedures to protect young people. Since then, Celtic Football Club has been at the leading edge of putting welfare and safeguarding protections in place for our young people. We were the first club in Scotland to appoint a safeguarding officer, developing policies for the protection of young people and monitoring and reviewing our procedures to ensure they continue to reflect best practice.

The abuse of children is an issue affecting many areas of society, including a large number of football clubs, sports clubs, youth organisations, educational institutions and religious bodies across Britain. Celtic Football Club strongly believes that children and young people involved in football have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse and is committed to ensuring this and to promoting their wellbeing through continued cooperation with our children and young people, parents and carers and the relevant authorities.  

And now that's been released the point scoring and whataboutery has begun.

Yeah, in fairness though celtic are largely aiding that with that last paragraph. 

For me the current celtic board are largely blameless as it was a different organisation back then, I don't think incidents of this nature happen any longer in Scottish youth football.  I just think it stinks about how celtic have conducted themselves over the years and how they got away with it is sickening. 

Guest the shepherd

Disgusting that the tims have not come out with an apology.

They’re normally the first to get involved with sympathy to victims.

Aye you are bang on there, Tommy.

I remember the benefit match held for the victims' families of Hillsborough back in 1989 was held between Liverpool and Celtic*, this being one of many examples over the years were Celtic have reprehensibly used an 'opportunity' in times of tragedy and others' vulnerability to sickeningly promote themselves as a family and law-abiding club, all for their own underhand motives.

Getting their new year's game against their other halves back in 1998 cancelled, as a consequence of Phil O'Donnell's untimely death just a few days earlier against Dundee United, is another example I can think of. Dundee United tried to get their next game called off as a mark of respect for Phil O'Donnell and considering their players had witnessed a death of a fellow professional on the pitch, but were refused by the SPL. A truly inhumane decision.

They really are a vile club, lower than a snake's belly.

P.S. *What direct relationship did Celtic Football Club have to the Hillsborough disaster/Liverpool?

Guest milne_afc

"P.S. *What direct relationship did Celtic Football Club have to the Hillsborough disaster/Liverpool?"

Kenny Dalglish was their 'in' for that particular strand of grief leeching, IIRC.

Guest the shepherd

"P.S. *What direct relationship did Celtic Football Club have to the Hillsborough disaster/Liverpool?"

Kenny Dalglish was their 'in' for that particular strand of grief leeching, IIRC.

Cheers min, forgot about the Kenny Dalglish connection.

A horrible club from top to bottom. By the time the final comes round I’ll have gone full Kev Keegan “i’d Love it if we beat them” about 17 times a day.

I really hate them, every last one.

Especially lustig the biggest cheating bastard in Scottish football- but nobody ever seems to mention it.

Guest the shepherd

Aye you are bang on there, Tommy.

I remember the benefit match held for the victims' families of Hillsborough back in 1989 was held between Liverpool and Celtic*, this being one of many examples over the years were Celtic have reprehensibly used an 'opportunity' in times of tragedy and others' vulnerability to sickeningly promote themselves as a family and law-abiding club, all for their own underhand motives.

Getting their new year's game against their other halves back in 2008 cancelled, as a consequence of Phil O'Donnell's untimely death just a few days earlier against Dundee United, is another example I can think of. Dundee United tried to get their next game called off as a mark of respect for Phil O'Donnell and considering their players had witnessed a death of a fellow professional on the pitch, but were refused by the SPL. A truly inhumane decision.

They really are a vile club, lower than a snake's belly.

P.S. *What direct relationship did Celtic Football Club have to the Hillsborough disaster/Liverpool?

This was actually a good result for us tonight. It means the tims are still in with a decent chance of qualifying and their next Europa tie is in Norway on Thursday 29th November which is three days before the cup final. You would assume they will play close to if not their strongest team.

That has to be to our advantage however small. Every little bit helps as they say.

This was actually a good result for us tonight. It means the tims are still in with a decent chance of qualifying and their next Europa tie is in Norway on Thursday 29th November which is three days before the cup final. You would assume they will play close to if not their strongest team.

That has to be to our advantage however small. Every little bit helps as they say.

Didnt realise that. Quite a good scenario - ideally they pick up another couple of injuries