Let's All Laugh At Celtic.

Closed shop. Celtic could have faced Basle. They'd have got knocked out by them.

They couldn't actually as both Celtic and Basle were seeded for the final qualifying draw. They could only have faced Karagandy, Aut Vienna, Legia Warsaw, Maribor or Ludogoretz.

I agree it's a closed shop but UEFA actually introduced seperate qualifying draws for champions and non-champions to guarantee more champions in the group stages. Was basically to stop an Arsenal or a Milan knocking out a Celtic or a Basle.

And before Lennon starts his moaning Celtic will come in at the same stage next year (Qualifying Rd 2) as its already decided. Scotland drop from 18th to 24th due to losing the co-efficient points gained the season we got to the last 32 of the Uefa, oldco got to the final and the Tim got to the last 16 of the CL. So even if they get beat in the final this season, they'll still be in at Qual 2.

Also our three UEFA cup representatives will come in a round earlier. 2 of them in Qual 2 and 1 in Qual 1. As opposed to one in Qual 3 and 2 in Qual 2 this season.

celtic getting into the Champions League group stages has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on their dominance of Scottish football.

celtic getting into the Champions League group stages has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on aberden

Now you know for sure what you said is pish!!

Celtic getting into the Chumpions League does us no favors whatsoever. It just means the gap widens even further / keeps the same. I take pleasure in the irony that Lennon moans about being in pot 4 due to the co-efficient, when the co-efficient won't improve unless other Scottish teams get more of the money generated by Scottish football, and all the time Celtic refusing to hand some over. Fuck him.

Now you know for sure what you said is pish!!

Don't know if you're being pedantic or you're missing my point. If Celtic didn't qualify for the group stages last night they'd still absolutely stroll the league. They would still have a stronger squad than the rest of the league and the people that govern Scottish football would still be biased and corrupt in their favour. Agree with that? Or am I speaking pish and Aberdeen with the mighty Calvin Zola up front (once he gets his first goal for the club) might have had a decent chance of winning the league this season?

I wanted Celtic to lose last night but not cause it's good or bad for Scottish football just cause I hate Celtic.

• Upvote 1

Was laughing at Celtics draw for the Champions League but it seems they have already qualified for the next round without playing anyone! Congratulations to them! Or is this boy just thick??

Virgil van Dijk says he is having the last laugh at his critics who told him not to sign for Celtic, after the Glasgow club qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League. (The Scottish Sun)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/gossip/

• 4 weeks later...

Nae fkn treble again in the two years since huns died.

Embarrassing that from such a massive world beating fantastically awesome club such as celtic

:lennon: :lolceltic:

Its pretty shocking from celtic - they should be winning the treble with the advantage they have over the rest of us - thankfully their fans and manager are shite at getting themselves motivated for every game during champions league runs