The Official "anyone But Jimmy Calderwood" Thread.

Do you want Tangoman back?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tangoman back?

Arguably the greatest European Footballer of all time being marked by Jimmy fukin Calderwood.

I'm sitting at work shaking my head at that sad excuse for a man and his attention seeking on the back of someone's death

A complete clown and an embarrassment to us, that this was actually our bloody manager.

• 7 years later...
19 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Two years ago, he was already at the stage of not knowing who his son was.

Must be fucking horrendous seeing a family member going through that 

That was two years ago, so Christ knows how bad he must be now. 

Yep that's the one I was referring to

Long time to have passed with no update

Horrendous 

I actually quite liked Calderwood and never really got the hate for him.  We've had far worse management teams than the 2 Jimmys.  He was let down by his poor record in the domestic cups, but then there was also 4-0 v Copenhagen, 2-2 v Bayern, multiple home wins v the huns.  Seve, Nicholson & Jamie Smith are some of my favourite players I've seen play for us.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DandyWarhol said:

I actually quite liked Calderwood and never really got the hate for him.  We've had far worse management teams than the 2 Jimmys.  He was let down by his poor record in the domestic cups, but then there was also 4-0 v Copenhagen, 2-2 v Bayern, multiple home wins v the huns.  Seve, Nicholson & Jamie Smith are some of my favourite players I've seen play for us.

Some amazing games and results for sure, not ultimately won nothing.

Did we even ever get to a cup final under Jimmy?

For all that i agreed with the decision to part company with Jimmy Calderwood (the shelf life interview went a long way toward that), i loved our time under JC.

The man was fearless in his tactics. If he was Dons boss now, he'd thrive. I always think back to the team which drew with Bayern at Pittodrie and contrast that with the team we were putting out 12 months later. He had the rug pulled out from under him.

Jimmy under Dave Cormack would have delivered trophies. Jimmy under Stewart Milne was under a c*nt whose primary concern was a strong Rangers (as they were before going t*ts up #newco).

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, JamieMT said:

For all that i agreed with the decision to part company with Jimmy Calderwood (the shelf life interview went a long way toward that), i loved our time under JC.

The man was fearless in his tactics. If he was Dons boss now, he'd thrive. I always think back to the team which drew with Bayern at Pittodrie and contrast that with the team we were putting out 12 months later. He had the rug pulled out from under him.

Jimmy under Dave Cormack would have delivered trophies. Jimmy under Stewart Milne was under a c*nt whose primary concern was a strong Rangers (as they were before going t*ts up #newco).

A strong Rangers, fuck that would have been right up the oafs  street,  a couple of kindred spirits him and Milne