Are You For Or Against The Mcinnes Appoinment? State Your Case.

McInnes. For or against?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the appointment of McInnes?

This poll is closed to new votes

100% behind him.

He's the manager he gets my support. Time for a lot of you anti Rangers brigade to grow up and move on with your lives.

HH,

Are you one of the 4 that voted for him?

Not having a dig.

Just curious as to your reasons.

You have the floor.......

I voted only because I was told on Tuesday that he had been approached. If he's the manager then that's fine by me. He won't be any worse than Calderwood, McGhee, or Brown. He'll instantly be better than Pele.

Our track record is appalling therefore we have nothing further to lose in appointing McInnes. St Mirren, Livingston and Kilmarnock have all won trophies with lesser squads than us. Maybe McInnes will be the man to turn around our fortunes, maybe he won't however the bottom line is he's got the gig so I'll support him.

Fair enough.

I just think he gets more credit than he deserves from the media.

The positive spin doesn't seem to tie in with some of the facts from what I can see.

Im not a fan.

The guy has already divided the support when it is obvious we need someone who will bring us together.

I know there was no-one going for the job to do this (theres no manager in the world who could bring this bunch of supporters together) but anyone who could bring some optimism.

Lazy, he's available type appointment that i think is gonna fail.

I really, really hope he does well, for the sake of this football club.

I'm against.

NOT because of his Rangers leanings. Nothing to do with that.

It's PURELY due to his managerial ability/style.

I've said it in other posts;

- that horrific run without any goals with St Johnstone

- Record number of consecutive league defeats for Bristol City.

- St Johnstone were dull to watch under him - their football was hard working, functional....kind of Calderwoodesque.

Being balanced;

- He took St J up

- He made them an established, if unspectacular SPL club

- He took over Bristol City when apparently they were cost cutting, reducing the wage bill significantly.

I'll give him the chance to prove me wrong, but I fear it will all end in tears about 3 months into his second full season with us.

The fans I think will be at best 50/50 with the appointment, and if they are dubious about him from the start, if he doesn't start well next season (forget the rest of this season) it won't be long before some are shouting for his removal.

I wish him well

I hope to be proved wrong.

Good luck Derek McInnes

Not having a go Kev but, that horrific run that was 9 but now is apparently 6 - can't be far off a similar run with Broon in charge. What was the record number of consecutive defeats at Bristol? He also had them on long unbeaten runs. Did you see St Johnstone much under his management? Got to say I didn't, so can't say if they were dull or not but they were above us (not hard I know) so must have been doing something right.

I was going to vote need convinced but ended up going yes as think he's a better appointment than a Levein or Hartley.

I'm against.

- St Johnstone were dull to watch under him - their football was hard working, functional....kind of Calderwoodesque.

Being balanced;

- He took St J up

- He took over Bristol City when apparently they were cost cutting, reducing the wage bill significantly.

I'll give him the chance to prove me wrong, but I fear it will all end in tears about 3 months into his second full season with us.

The fans I think will be at best 50/50 with the appointment, and if they are dubious about him from the start, if he doesn't start well next season (forget the rest of this season) it won't be long before some are shouting for his removal.

I wish him well

Good luck Derek McInnes

Not having a go Kev but, that horrific run that was 9 but now is apparently 6 - can't be far off a similar run with Broon in charge. What was the record number of consecutive defeats at Bristol? He also had them on long unbeaten runs. Did you see St Johnstone much under his management? Got to say I didn't, so can't say if they were dull or not but they were above us (not hard I know) so must have been doing something right.

I was going to vote need convinced but ended up going yes as think he's a better appointment than a Levein or Hartley.

The horrific run was 1 goal in 11 games - someone posted it - that IS horrific.

the consecutive defeats at Bristol City was 7.

I saw St Johnstone against us several times and on the usual highlights packages. They were workmanlike and that's about it.

Now that he's here I'll give him the chance to prove me wrong.

My prediction?

Gone by about November 2014, and another paid off management team about 3 months into his second full season.

I think the voting for this thread is a good barometer of the feeling of the support.

Mixed feelings at best.

I would take Levein, who at SPL level takes no shit from anyone, than a hun sympathiser in Mcinnes.

He also has a better record and has never actually said he hates the club and fans, which Mcinnes has.

When the choice is between Levein and Mcinnes you know your on desperate street.

Mcinnes is a bellend.

Levein is a cunt, but one that supports whichever team hes with %100.

I reckon the board have made a serious boo-boo

I voted no. Despite others opinions it is possible for me to support the club, wish it every success but still retain the ability to be critical of dome of its choices. I thought Ricky foster was a prick and a poor footballer. Didn't stop me wishing him every success when he played for us. Didn't stop me dancing a jig of joy when done stupid no mark who allegedly knew Scottish football offers money for him and took him of our hands. St Johnstone fans are hardly in despair at seeing deek appear at Pittodrie. I can wish him every success as the dons manager but in my own opinion of his past record I cannot see him making us the team we might be as I don't think he is a winner and I think he lacks the bravery as a manager to take on and win enough of the hard games. The fact that he is an ex rangers player who the media use regularly to bum up sevco (lots of ex rangers out there but deek seems to get that gig a lot - must be a coincidence) and the fact that when out with Sally he insulted Aberdeen and its fans is simply unnecessary but unwanted further ammunition. It is a lazy stupid appointment in a time when a brave appointment might see us establish ourselves as a team in Scotland again. I wish him well but I wish to god he wasn't coming as I think he will fail and that doesn't make me less of a fan than those who can overlook his past flaws and want to give him a clean slate. Frankly I can't see the point of that; the baggage we all carry with us is part of our own strengths and weaknesses and deeks baggage makes him weak in my eyes.

• Upvote 3

I'm against.

I saw St Johnstone against us several times and on the usual highlights packages. They were workmanlike and that's about it.

My prediction?

Gone by about November 2014, and another paid off management team about 3 months into his second full season.

I think the voting for this thread is a good barometer of the feeling of the support.

Mixed feelings at best.

To be fair we faced St Johnstone under McInnes nine times and won just 2.

I'm against.

Being balanced;

- He took St J up

I wish him well

Good luck Derek McInnes

My prediction?

Mixed feelings at best.

Well that's an improvement on what our work shy lazy uninterested squad are at present.

I genuinely think the last player I watched in a red shirt who wanted to win every week and wanted to win every ball plus looked gutted to lose or even be substituted was Stevie Tosh!!!!!!!!

If McInnes can get them working together and for each other it'll be a good start. We have a decent squad, a lot better than County and ICT yet they out play us and quite frankly pish all over our lazy fuckers.

I agree that we should judge McInnes before his first game.Embarrassing from the likes of Kev and Tup.Fuck off then. AFC does not require happy clappers, or indeeed people who's IQ ventures into double figures if they're lucky

How can you object to someone making an assessment of a new manager based on his track record. I hadn't appreciated we were appointing a Derek Mcinnes with no previous football experience or background. Fair enough, silly appointment in my opinion should try and get someone who has done the job recently and been a success.

I'm against.

Being balanced;

- He took St J up

I wish him well

Good luck Derek McInnes

My prediction?

Mixed feelings at best.

Why does nobody seem to want to mention that the year they came up they scored 57. Something we've not done for - well fuck knows how long. Over his two seasons in the SPL he finished above us twice, scored more total goals (despite only scoring 23 in one of the seasons), and conceded less. He also managed to get his team to keep their bottle when they got to a semi final. Losing on penalties to his beloved hun is reasonable enough for what was a 1st division team at the time.

You'd have to go back to 2008 for the last time we scored 80 goals over two seasons in the league, and much further than that to find the last time our players arses didn't collapse at Hampden.

So, he may not be the most exciting prospect, but everything suggests he's better (at this level at least) than what we have, or what we have had over the last 5 years or so. And that's a start.

Overall, not too impressed, but now it looks like he's going to be here I've tried to look for positives, and I think there are a few.

I do think the board are total tools for considering him in the first place, even the most clueless suit must have an idea that this won't go down well with the fans, so you can only hope they've seen or heard something that has totally blown them away. I also think they're gambling that he'll do well between now and the end of the season, and that any improvement on the pitch will counteract any unhappiness over his appointment. It puts the guy under massive pressure to do well immediately, and I'm not convinced we have the players to allow that to happen.

• Upvote 2

Voted for to be convinced. If I was on the AFC board I would have voted against his appointment, however assuming that he has got the job, there is little point in remaining opposed to his appointment, suffice to say I am very skeptical given his managrial record.

Same as me.

I voted yes because I thought he did a good job at saints and he hasnt cost us anything. However im not sure how much of his success at saints was because of the ground work done by Owen coyle. However he's the manager so I am going to back him. I couldn't give a fuck if he's a hun. I fucking despise huns and there's a few that I wouldn't accept at the club, pricksen, durrant, mccoist etc, u ken which cunts, but mccinnes to me falls into the more inoffensive type of hun bastard.

What did he say about our support, I missed that one?

Hope his doesn't turn into chelsea with our fans openly protesting against the new manager from the very start, last thing we need right now.

Voted need convinced, as I'm not too impressed by the appointment but i am prepared to give the guy a chance. Like some people on here have already said. He seems to be better than what we have had for the last couple of seasons( 4/5 even).

Some people are forgetting that we are a 9th placed team that seem to think we should be 2nd or 3rd we have no right to be anywhere in the league we are where we are because of a manager that likes to try and not get beat, and players that cant be arsed/are'nt good enough.

Up the dons!!!!!

Need to be convinced but willing to give him a go.

His playing experiance is far superior to Adams and may have better contacts in the game, his managerial record is nae too different either (amount of games as a manager and % rates), both have been successful winning promotions (Adams has a 2nd division title promotion additional, but it can be argued that McInnes has managed longer at a higher level), McInnes is a few years older but still a young manager who the young players may relate to and respect (captained a team in the English Premier League). But the biggest plusses for me are:

He's out of work and free, no compensation required.

Will be determined to succeed because of the above.

He isn't a limp wristed born again Christian daddies boy.

And before someone points out he's a hun, I don't care. As long as he shuts his mouth about them from here on in and does a job for us I don't give a fuck. I would rather have an ex Rangers player with some balls and a desire to succeed than some god bothering daddies boy who is to scared to cut ties with his da and manage our club.

Good Luck Del Boy!!

I voted no. Despite others opinions it is possible for me to support the club, wish it every success but still retain the ability to be critical of dome of its choices. I thought Ricky foster was a prick and a poor footballer. Didn't stop me wishing him every success when he played for us. Didn't stop me dancing a jig of joy when done stupid no mark who allegedly knew Scottish football offers money for him and took him of our hands. St Johnstone fans are hardly in despair at seeing deek appear at Pittodrie. I can wish him every success as the dons manager but in my own opinion of his past record I cannot see him making us the team we might be as I don't think he is a winner and I think he lacks the bravery as a manager to take on and win enough of the hard games. The fact that he is an ex rangers player who the media use regularly to bum up sevco (lots of ex rangers out there but deek seems to get that gig a lot - must be a coincidence) and the fact that when out with Sally he insulted Aberdeen and its fans is simply unnecessary but unwanted further ammunition. It is a lazy stupid appointment in a time when a brave appointment might see us establish ourselves as a team in Scotland again. I wish him well but I wish to god he wasn't coming as I think he will fail and that doesn't make me less of a fan than those who can overlook his past flaws and want to give him a clean slate. Frankly I can't see the point of that; the baggage we all carry with us is part of our own strengths and weaknesses and deeks baggage makes him weak in my eyes.

Good post.

Sums up a lot for me.

Looking at it so far, the fans are split right down the middle on this.

Hopefully more will vote so we can really gauge things.

Forums tend to reflect general fan attitudes anyway.

It also looks like some of us are more inclined to wait and see, give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's no bad thing.

The one thing we all want is a successful Aberdeen FC, and if he brought it to us I for one will be delighted and will gladly eat my words.

Keep the votes coming guys.

If he can get us in the top 6 in his first 2 games then that's an added bonus, but i'd like him to get rid of the shite i.e. Fallon, Hughes, etc. Take in his own type player & start from next season see fit he can do. As i say i'll support whoever the board pick as i am an Aberdeen fan & as i've siad before managers come & go but my support is for life. Through the good & the bad, wouldna be anywhere else at a weekend. A day oot wi the lads watching my team.

Voted Yes.

He's taking over what I'd consider a decent work in progress. He has a solid enough centre half pairing to work with (although Anderson's legs have went, and Considine is injured, Reynolds is here long term). We have one striker who can score goals, and, when given the chance and freedom, two flair players in Hayes and Pawlett. Although they've been strangled under the current setup (both in Formation and the defensive setup)

We need to sort our full back positions, Jacks okay at RB, but we need to sort out LB. In centre mid, Milsoms injured too much - let him go, Ozzy - similar, Rae - too old, Hughes - don't have all day to explain my hatred of him as a player.

I'm not a huge Langfield fan, but I think he needs replaced, but this isn't likely to happen until his contract expires.

I think we're a good striker, a decent full back, and a couple of central mids away from a decent team. If Vernon can regain his confidence, or Magennis can be utilised properly (i.e. as someone who can run on to clever balls over the top, rather than a target man), we have a team. Given McInnes contacts In the game, I think he can do this.

McInnes will recognise what needs to be done, he done well at St. Johnstone, had them playing decent, if unspectacular football that won games on free transfers and loan signings. I know what's acceptable for St. Johnstone isn't acceptable for us, but currently they're 6 points higher than us.

He needs to make the right noises in the press, and keep any Rangers/Sevco stuff out of it, even when he's asked an opinion about them. Aberdeen are his focus now. He'll have learned from his Bristol experience (every manager needs sacked at least once), and he'll have renewed passion, and a point to prove which hopefully transfers to some of the players.

• Upvote 2