Are You For Or Against The Mcinnes Appoinment? State Your Case.

McInnes. For or against?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the appointment of McInnes?

This poll is closed to new votes

He's not the choice most of us want but if he is the man in charge next season then he has to get our complete backing from the start. It will get us nowhere to be on his back before a ball is kicked

But he doesn't have to get our backing.

Some people dislike him, for various reasons, and don't want to see him at the club... it's their right to not support the guy.

And, possibly, by getting on his back right now, it'll help hasten his departure, if indeed the board is stupid enough to hire a guy right after being sacked for incompetence.

You can't demand people just put up with something they're deeply unhappy about.

Agreed, we don't have to do anything we don't want to.

I am extremely unhappy, dismayed even, at this appointment, if it happens.

His conduct on national television at Tannadice should have been enough to rule him out.

Folk can bang on about win percentages all they want. I could not care less.

I want a manager who is passionate about Aberdeen Football Club and who understands the mentality of the club.

This hun ticks neither of those boxes.

I felt bad when we installed McGhee, but I feel a whole lot worse at this. This idiot will get us relegated.

• Downvote 1

Not happy, but primarily because of Adams.

So we make an approach for the guy we actually want (which gets rebuffed, as initial approaches always are), and we just roll over, accept it and go for someone else!? So straightaway McInnes knows that he wasn't the first choice?

I think this episode makes the club, yet again, look utterly bloody ridiculous.

As for the appointment itself, I have no faith in someone who paid money for Tricky Ricky. This has '9th again' written all over it.

He's not the choice most of us want but if he is the man in charge next season then he has to get our complete backing from the start. It will get us nowhere to be on his back before a ball is kicked

But he doesn't have to get our backing.

Some people dislike him, for various reasons, and don't want to see him at the club... it's their right to not support the guy.

And, possibly, by getting on his back right now, it'll help hasten his departure, if indeed the board is stupid enough to hire a guy right after being sacked for incompetence.

You can't demand people just put up with something they're deeply unhappy about.

So, in practical terms, how does this manifest itself?

3pm on a Saturday comes, folk say they'll get behind the team but refuse to back the manager.

Under normal circumstances when a new manager comes in, if the team are playing well, the fans applaud and go home happy.

If they don't play well, the fans will be pissed off, won't applaud and won't go home happy.

What exactly changes if folk make a point that they "won't back the manager"? Since folk are making a point of this, it must mean something?

I'm just struggling to understand what that means, in practical terms.

I'd imagine there's no one particular avenue of objection.

Some people won't go. Some people won't buy a season ticket. Some people won't buy RedTV. Some people won't buy merchandise (that's how I'll express my displeasure. No gear bought from the club shop). For my part I've withheld cash in the past, point in question last season when I was back home, 5 of us made the trip to Glasgow to watch a game when Aberdeen were playing at Pittodirie 10 minutes from us.

IF however, there's no Hunnery from McInnes (which I think is unlikely, because he strikes me as a Hun), and he gets the team winning then I stand corrected.

As I've said, I'm here to be won over.

As it stands, I don't care for the guy, and I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I'll make that objection quietly by not buying club shit and not (if I get over this year) attending.

I voted no. Despite others opinions it is possible for me to support the club, wish it every success but still retain the ability to be critical of dome of its choices. I thought Ricky foster was a prick and a poor footballer. Didn't stop me wishing him every success when he played for us. Didn't stop me dancing a jig of joy when done stupid no mark who allegedly knew Scottish football offers money for him and took him of our hands. St Johnstone fans are hardly in despair at seeing deek appear at Pittodrie. I can wish him every success as the dons manager but in my own opinion of his past record I cannot see him making us the team we might be as I don't think he is a winner and I think he lacks the bravery as a manager to take on and win enough of the hard games. The fact that he is an ex rangers player who the media use regularly to bum up sevco (lots of ex rangers out there but deek seems to get that gig a lot - must be a coincidence) and the fact that when out with Sally he insulted Aberdeen and its fans is simply unnecessary but unwanted further ammunition. It is a lazy stupid appointment in a time when a brave appointment might see us establish ourselves as a team in Scotland again. I wish him well but I wish to god he wasn't coming as I think he will fail and that doesn't make me less of a fan than those who can overlook his past flaws and want to give him a clean slate. Frankly I can't see the point of that; the baggage we all carry with us is part of our own strengths and weaknesses and deeks baggage makes him weak in my eyes.

Decent post

I voted 'not convinced'. What other way could you vote? He hasn't even picked a team yet and I'd hazard a guess his way of playing won't really emerge until next season. I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt...how bizarre.

Yes or no?

It's a simple question.

"Do you agree with the appointment?"

I voted no because i think we could have picked a better option.

Anyone else who thinks that should also have said no.

Those who vote "yes" believe he is the best option.

If that's not the case, then they have completely misunderstood the question.

I reckon the majority would put "need to be convinced" purely given the amount of shite we've witnessed in recent years.

I put yes because he got St Johnstone where they should be, and kept BC up against the odds in his first season. Second season started ok but went south, by the sounds of it it was a combination of his tactics and financial cuts in the 5th richest division in the world.

Gets a chance from me at least.

And from his point of view, he'll be doing his best to make AFC a success again rather than being an evil Hun with plans to destroy us once and for all.

Should also point out the attitude towards him seems different amongst AFC fans not on this message board, its perhaps seen as more of a meh appointment rather than vitriol and Hun this, Hun that.

Me too. Of course he will.

But that flies in the face of the retarded opinion that some hold...

ie, if you're not happy with the appointment...or think we should have done better in our choice...then you are hoping for him to fail.

Fucking gluepots.

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone wants him to fail, rather they (we) don't want him at the club in the first place.

If he turns out to be better than we've had then our minds are there to be changed.

I think you're misrepresenting the 'Against' argument.

I'm not calling those who think they have to accept a man just sacked for incompetence 'brainless happy clappers'.

We're all entitled to an opinion, regardless of whether we agree or not.

I don't think anyone wants him to fail, rather they (we) don't want him at the club in the first place.

If he turns out to be better than we've had then our minds are there to be changed.

I'm not calling those who think they have to accept a man just sacked for incompetence 'brainless happy clappers'.

Correct.

It's a ridiculous appointment, end of story.

Not as ridiculous as your racist views in the Irish thread.

You never heard of parody?

Idiot.

What is ridiculous is that you genuinely think I've made over 100k posts as you stated on here yesterday you fucking gluepot.

The board make a token gesture to try and get Adams, knowing fine well they wouldn't get him at first go, but can now say "we tried" to fans and instead go down cheap (free) route and give unemployed McInnes the job. It's obvious. They didn't want to pay, all about money.

Of course it won't do him any favours if he wins fuck all and gives us stories about how wonderful being a Rangers man is, while he's meant to be in charge of AFC.

Not that that's ever happened before.

Ever :sherlock:

Hopefully he isn't smart enough to recognise the danger in regaling the fans with tales of the time him and his best mate Ally....

Excellent post.

As supporters we're entitled to express our opinions on a managerial appointment. We don't automatically have to like him... Major appointments from our board should always be questioned - particularly given our recent track record.

I think we've made a terrible error and McInnes will have his work cut out to prove otherwise. I don't think he has it in him to turn this around.

Still hope we go back for Derek Adams but if it is Derek McInnes I'll be at Pittodrie... hoping for the best

Think it's a bit late for that.

Too many media outlets such as the BBC, Daily Retard, The Sun etc have nailed their colours to the mast.

It's a fair assumption it's McInnes.

Quick question;

If Adams resigned from Ross County, surely NO compensation needs agreed?

If he was so keen to have the AFC job, why didn't he do that?

Still hope we go back for Derek Adams but if it is Derek McInnes I'll be at Pittodrie... hoping for the best

Too many media outlets such as the BBC, Daily Retard, The Sun etc have nailed their colours to the mast.

Quick question;

Maybe he's not keen at all. Would rather work under his dad than Stewart Milne. Maybe knows he could be in line for a Championship job.

Quick question;

My question is why the board (or whoever it was) gave up on Adams at the first attempt. There must be more to it than Ross County just rejecting the approach. Story in today's Herald saying that the players don't want Adams because of his confrontational style is quite plausible.

Quick question;

My question is why the board (or whoever it was) gave up on Adams at the first attempt. There must be more to it than Ross County just rejecting the approach. Story in today's Herald saying that the players don't want Adams because of his confrontational style is quite plausible.

We'll likely never know the truth.

If he's unveiled as new manager, no doubt someone may ask the Board &/or McInnes about Adams being the first choice.

They'll gloss over it with some platitudes about having several candidates in mind, but in the end Derek McInnes stood out...blah blah blah

he did a decent job at st jonhstone... and was on a hiding to nothing at bristol...

youngish blood, hopefully fresh ideas

so for me.. im all for giving him a chance.. on paper we have a good squad, just need someone to come in with new ideas and get the team playing more attractive attacking football

Although I wanted Adams from the list of who seemed to be on offer, I'm becoming resigned to the fact that it will be McInnes and now have neutral feelings about him. Frankly, I'll be glad when it's all done and dusted. One thing for sure is that Brown's time was up and we badly need a boost of energy and commitment. Let's hope we get it.