Are You For Or Against The Mcinnes Appoinment? State Your Case.

McInnes. For or against?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the appointment of McInnes?

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm completely lukewarm to the appointment, but in the interests of balance, we should remember that McGhee and Brown were both (relatively) popular fan choices at the time of their appointment. Look what happened there...

That is not to say I think McInnes will be a great appointment, I'm really pointing out that whoever it is, the next Manager will be working with one hand tied behind his back, as long as Stewrat (sic) the Wig Wam Bam remains at the helm.

I'll back the team, as always, but I won't be in the least bit surprised if we are bottom 4 again next season and out of both Cups before Xmas.

Looking at the weekend's press there are lots of articles with great words of praise about McInnes from his former associates. If he is so good, then surely he will see that one of his priorities must be to tidy up the squad by clearing out the predominance of ageing players in their mid 30s. If he doesn't then it will be just more of the same.

Give the man a chance for fuck sake! It seems to be the same fuckers( you know who you are) that seem to think he is not the right guy and it is all down to him being a Hun. Most of the Scottish players that have played throughout the years for the dons are either Huns or tims so get over it.and by the way Adams and his old man are Hun lovers . Steve tosh who was adored by the dons fans and probably the moaners on here as well is the biggest Hun lover you could find yet was never slagged off so let's get on with it and wait and see what he can do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

wierd in the last vote only days ago there were only 4 for his appointment

what has he done since then to change some minds

these are the guys that now want him (some might have wanted him before but why has the rest of you changed your minds)

Fa div ye wint?
  1. bullet_star_rated.png Derek Adams (41 votes [23.30%] - View)

2. Terry Butcher (5 votes [2.84%] - View)

3. Alex McLeish (11 votes [6.25%] - View)

4. Billy mckinlay (1 votes [0.57%] - View)

5. Paul Hartley (27 votes [15.34%] - View)

6. Russell Anderson (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Owen Coyle (14 votes [7.95%] - View)

8. Derek mcInnes (7 votes [3.98%] - View)

9. Phil Broon (2 votes [1.14%] - View)

10. Stuart mcCall (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Kenny shiels (11 votes [6.25%] - View)

12. Eric Black (2 votes [1.14%] - View)

13. Avril (1 votes [0.57%] - View)

14. John Collins (19 votes [10.80%] - View)

15. Mixu Paatelainen (22 votes [12.50%] - View)

16. Other (13 votes [7.39%] - View)

Obviously The guys who have now voted for him are true dons fans and will back whoever is the manager of their team and that is how it should be. The Cretans on here moaning like fuck are gonna moan whoever gets appointed.Lets make that pretty clear. In fact I reckon you'd find something to moan about if sir Alex came back!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Obviously The guys who have now voted for him are true dons fans and will back whoever is the manager of their team and that is how it should be. The Cretans on here moaning like fuck are gonna moan whoever gets appointed.Lets make that pretty clear. In fact I reckon you'd find something to moan about if sir Alex came back!

Cretans, eh?

3285084326_5545f6c0dd_z.jpg?zz=1

• Upvote 2

If Mourinho was appointed some folk would be disgusted because he used to manage a couple of teams who play in blue and he managed the club who Aberdeen played in Gothenburg.

He's not an Aberdeen fan either so is obviously a shite manager..

• Downvote 1

the poll says are you for or against him so if you wanted someone else yesterday then you must be against (even if you accept its him and give him your full backing)

The site has gone a bit mental over the last couple of days :)

I would say the majority have concerns, like myself, that his CV isn't to impressive, and we could be making a big mistake, but if he is the man being appointed we'll back him regardless.

Then we have the bizarrely pro McInnes, none of who have put forward an arguement for him, other than they are true fans, and they seem to think this entitles them to tell the ones that are not happy they are morons, cretans or to go fuck themselves, they speak from some bizarre self appointed high ground, that only exists in their imaginations. There are guys who are incapable of posting without saying "you were wrong Tup, Fuck you" repeatedly, if thats really your concern in all this, you've got some major issues!

Then we have a few who are acting like kids saying fuck McInnes and they wont be back.

Its normal that some aren't happy, and they are entitled to be, me, I'll just get on with it, and back him, the majority of posters are pretty sensible, but some of the posters on here at both ends of the spectrum have done themselves no favours over the weekend.

• Upvote 1

If Mourinho was appointed some folk would be disgusted because he used to manage a couple of teams who play in blue and he managed the club who Aberdeen played in Gothenburg.

Thats quite clearly bollocks, I hate all this aberdeen fans are so bad shite, all fans would debate a new appointment and all sets of fans would have some that aren't happy.

Thats quite clearly bollocks,

Indeed.

Some pretty limited mindsets at work here.

Quite embarrassing really.

Kelt, if we end up doing really well under McInnes (if he is the manager) would you still hate him and give the board a hard time for making him manager?

Nope. I'd stand corrected, applaud the board's vision, and give McInnes a soapy reacharound if he wins us silverware.

My dislike of the guy isn't based upon what he might or might not do (though I don't think he'll do anything of note), but rather that he absolutely appears to have been the cheap option.

That should be AFCs motto... We'll Take The Cheap Option.

• Site Sponsor

Pish

If it is him then I'm pretty underwhelmed, although when you look at the other supposed actual contenders they are much the same - Adams apart who's record at County has been impressive

Generally I think with Aberdeen (and Scotland) we're not in the position we can appoint a proven top class manager, which gives you the option of appointing a mediocre journeyman, or taking a gamble on someone who's up and coming/unproven, or someone who been successful in the past but has been out the game for a number of years.

Milne has shown over the years his preference is to play safe and to be fair I think a lot of our fans like this. To me whether it's Craig Brown, Terry Butcher, Derek McInnes, Bobby Williamson, Jim Jefferies, Craig Levein, Alex Miller etc in charge makes no odds as my expectation for all those guys are much the same. In many ways I think if we are going to appoint McInnes we'd have been as well keeping Brown on. That said hopefully he's the exception to the rule and moving to Aberdeen miraculously turns him into a decent manager.

I'd have asked Kombouare if he fancied coming of the dole, and once he'd rejected us moved on to the likes of Adams, Shiels, Black, Colin Cameron, Ray Mckinnon, Iain Murray etc. - guys who may become the next Paatelainen, Michael O'Neill who I wanted us to appoint in the past but I now feel are out of our league. That said I accept there's a lot bigger chance of failure with some of those candidates.

If it is him then I'm pretty underwhelmed, although when you look at the other supposed actual contenders they are much the same - Adams apart who's record at County has been impressive

Generally I think with Aberdeen (and Scotland) we're not in the position we can appoint a proven top class manager, which gives you the option of appointing a mediocre journeyman, or taking a gamble on someone who's up and coming/unproven, or someone who been successful in the past but has been out the game for a number of years.

Milne has shown over the years his preference is to play safe and to be fair I think a lot of our fans like this. To me whether it's Craig Brown, Terry Butcher, Derek McInnes, Bobby Williamson, Jim Jefferies, Craig Levein, Alex Miller etc in charge makes no odds as my expectation for all those guys are much the same. In many ways I think if we are going to appoint McInnes we'd have been as well keeping Brown on. That said hopefully he's the exception to the rule and moving to Aberdeen miraculously turns him into a decent manager.

I'd have asked Kombouare if he fancied coming of the dole, and once he'd rejected us moved on to the likes of Adams, Shiels, Black, Colin Cameron, Ray Mckinnon, Iain Murray etc. - guys who may become the next Paatelainen, Michael O'Neill who I wanted us to appoint in the past but I now feel are out of our league. That said I accept there's a lot bigger chance of failure with some of those candidates.

I agree - we gambled and lost in the past with Pele though cost cutting was another factor. It was however the right idea - good managers will pass through the SPL leaving the less competent behind - we need to try and spot those on the way up. Sadly the board seem to want more of the same and it would appear SPL survival is considered a recommendation.

He was the one I wanted to replace Brown, seriously think he'd do a good job here, some signs from that at St Johnstone, absolute disaster at Bristol City but look at Paul Lambert he had a mare to start with early on too and turned good. McInnes at St Johnstone done fairly well at a side with no real budget and he made a couple of good signs too, I'll be backing him (Or anyone else that gets the job) as Aberdeen are much more than just a manager and players they are the club I love.

• Upvote 2