Are You For Or Against The Mcinnes Appoinment? State Your Case.

McInnes. For or against?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the appointment of McInnes?

This poll is closed to new votes

Its so simple Adams would cost money but McInnes is free

end of story

Close Caledonia...Adams AND HIS DAD would've cost money

Thank fuck we didn't waste our money on them at least McInnes is man enough to do the job without his dad !

Not a fan of Derek Adams OWS?

You think he's too reliant on his old man?

Not a fan of him at all Kev I don't think he has the temperament for managing the Dons where there is a lot more expectation.

I'm quite happy with McInnes coming in no one hates the Huns more than me but to go against him because he supported them is plain stupid, did the guys who hate him so much have the same ill feeling to likes of Fergie and Jim Bett ?

I'm similar to you in that despite hating the huns with an absolute and total passion, if McInnes gets us into Europe and to a cup final (maybe even winning the thing) then I don't care if he's raped a spastic child to be honest (ok, maybe too far!) but you get my drift.

I facetiously said in a post a few days ago we shouldn't have him for 4 reasons, one of which was "he's a dirty orange bastard"....That was sarcasm. It's not ideal, and will put him up against it from the start from a lot of fans (as witnessed on here)

I do worry about three other facts though

- 11 games in the 2009/10 season - 1 goal! 23 goals in that SPL season

- 7 consecutive defeats for Bristol City

- Generally St Johnstone were fairly dull under his management.

end of story

Thank fuck we didn't waste our money on them at least McInnes is man enough to do the job without his dad !

Not a fan of him at all Kev I don't think he has the temperament for managing the Dons where there is a lot more expectation.

I'm quite happy with McInnes coming in no one hates the Huns more than me but to go against him because he supported them is plain stupid, did the guys who hate him so much have the same ill feeling to likes of Fergie and Jim Bett ?

I'm similar to you in that despite hating the huns with an absolute and total passion, if McInnes gets us into Europe and to a cup final (maybe even winning the thing) then I don't care if he's raped a spastic child to be honest (ok, maybe too far!) but you get my drift.

I facetiously said in a post a few days ago we shouldn't have him for 4 reasons, one of which was "he's a dirty orange bastard"....That was sarcasm. It's not ideal, and will put him up against it from the start from a lot of fans (as witnessed on here)

Fair points SK but McInnes is probably on par with type of manager we can afford the names mentioned like Adams, Collins and other names who have done nothing special to be honest

I lifted this from Aberdeen Mad.

Some poster listed all his signings when McInnes was at St Johnstone - the comments are that lad's opinions, but I generally agree with him.

When you see the list, he hasn't half signed some duds....

See what you think of these;

"McInnes In The Transfer Market

Well, we all know that he paid a fee for Foster, which was much appreciated, but is far more concerning if he's about to take control of our purse.

I had a look to see how he did for St J, during his time there in the SPL. Obviously, he's shopping in the basement but I guess determining how successful he was is shown by how many remain regulars at the club or by moving on to bigger clubs on their departure.

Kenny Duechar - 5 goals in 35 games, went on to Falkirk now retired

Euan McLean - folk hoping for an improvement in JL probably won't want to look at the keepers Mcinnes has signed

Graeme Smith - see above (he also signed Kelly from us to)

Danny Grainger - Success. Good player in my opinion.

Filipe Morais - Success too I guess, left for Oldham after a season.

Jonathan Johansson - The type of Mcinnes signing that worries me, over the hill journeymen. Hope they got him on a pay as you play deal.

Michael Duberry - Coup for St J and a quality player at that level. Again, it concerns me. When these ex-team mates retire, where does he source his talent. Morris and Duberry gave him a huge lift but when his mates have hung up their boots, is he left high and dry? His pals have certainly been his most effective signings.

Cleveland Taylor - Barely played, now at Burton

Peter Enckelman - Calamity prone shot stopper. See Johansson. And Langfield.

Sam Parkin - Another journeyman.

Marcus Haber - Now at Stevenage. Mostly a sub.

Alan Maybury - Now at Hibs.

Jennison Myrie-Williams - Barely played. Now at Port Vale.

Danny Invincible - Another short term patch. Now in Cyprus

Fraser Wright - Still at the club. Known commodity.

David McCracken - Still at the club.

David Robertson - Fringe player, still at St J.

Callum Davidson - ageing journeyman

Fran Sandanza - laugh.gif - Great player for them though.

Sean Higgins - Now at Falkirk. Barely played.

Carl Finnigan - Now at Dundee.

Alan Mannus - Superb performance against us this season. Still there.

His first signings at Bristol were Foster, Morris and Pearson.

Not sure how much we can read into this but there certainly don't seem to be many players there that have gone on to better things.

He doesn't seem to have taken in many youngsters and developed them.

He seems to have signed numerous veterans. In the twilight of their careers.

He seems to have signed numerous journeymen as short term fixes, few of his signings remain at St Johnstone.

He doesn't seem to have sourced many lower league players who have stepped up, this despite a good knowledge of the first division, having managed St J out of that league.

His transfer activity remains a big concern for me"

end of story

Fair points SK but McInnes is probably on par with type of manager we can afford the names mentioned like Adams, Collins and other names who have done nothing special to be honest

Adams has done well at Ross County - the league table tells you that.

Was never 100% convinced by him - couldn't put my finger on why though.

My choice was Mixu, but that was never going to happen - if we weren't prepared to pay for Adams jnr & snr compensation, then paying off Mixu's Finland contract (even if he did want to come) was never going to happen.

Mixu was the one I actually voted for thought he would have been great for us but as you say he would he have come anyway, but I'm happy enough with McInnes and hopefully the majority will get behind him

Assuming McInnes is appointed, then we should get behind him.

There is less chance of him succeeding if we're constantly on his back.

That said, I'm afraid it'll all end in tears and he'll be forced out shortly into his second full season in charge.

Some poster listed all his signings when McInnes was at St Johnstone - the comments are that lad's opinions, but I generally agree with him.

Well, we all know that he paid a fee for Foster, which was much appreciated, but is far more concerning if he's about to take control of our purse.

I had a look to see how he did for St J, during his time there in the SPL. Obviously, he's shopping in the basement but I guess determining how successful he was is shown by how many remain regulars at the club or by moving on to bigger clubs on their departure.

Euan McLean - folk hoping for an improvement in JL probably won't want to look at the keepers Mcinnes has signed

Jonathan Johansson - The type of Mcinnes signing that worries me, over the hill journeymen. Hope they got him on a pay as you play deal.

Michael Duberry - Coup for St J and a quality player at that level. Again, it concerns me. When these ex-team mates retire, where does he source his talent. Morris and Duberry gave him a huge lift but when his mates have hung up their boots, is he left high and dry? His pals have certainly been his most effective signings.

Not sure how much we can read into this but there certainly don't seem to be many players there that have gone on to better things.

He seems to have signed numerous journeymen as short term fixes, few of his signings remain at St Johnstone.

He doesn't seem to have sourced many lower league players who have stepped up, this despite a good knowledge of the first division, having managed St J out of that league.

That is really depressing reading. :suicide:

he'd be a fool not to realise that if he is a success, then the media will sell him as the next fergie.

Yeah, but what he might want and what he's capable of delivering may well be two completely different things.

This is the thing that puzzles me when people say, "Well, he probably has something to prove after his Bristol City fiasco."

Presumably he was trying to prove something at Bristol City... ie, that he doesn't suck at football management... he was, however, unable to prove he doesn't suck at football management despite what I imagine were his best efforts.

So whether or not he has something to prove is an irrelevance in the face of his own managerial limitations.

I have emailed the club to vent my disappointment.

Its simply not good enough. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree the fact that he played for Rangers will make things hard for him. More than ever the fans need something exciting. They have not been given this with DM.

I am against his appointment for one reason - his record is not good enough. Anyone who signs Foster is not good enough.

The club have shot themselfves in the foot with this one. Season ticket sales (and crowds in general) are going to be terrible.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

need convinced

I'd have said the same for any manager though

exactly.

its nae like we're in the market for guardiola or giddink.

that said, i think any semi decent manager can make big strides in the SPL - outwith topspot is a pretty even competitive league.

mcinnes though whilst nae getting me overjoyed, a new manager is a new start and hopefully freshen things up

Blimey.

Looking forward to a different brand of football under McInnes, one where we take games to the opposition and let them do the worrying....that is why we're going for him isn't it? Cos he's different from Brown, he can have a go at teams and we can leave the cautious approach in the past isn't it? After all, we need to be getting the lapsed fans back through the gates.

oh...

I lifted this from Aberdeen Mad. Some poster listed all his signings when McInnes was at St Johnstone - the comments are that lad's opinions, but I generally agree with him. When you see the list, he hasn't half signed some duds.... See what you think of these; "McInnes In The Transfer MarketWell, we all know that he paid a fee for Foster, which was much appreciated, but is far more concerning if he's about to take control of our purse.I had a look to see how he did for St J, during his time there in the SPL. Obviously, he's shopping in the basement but I guess determining how successful he was is shown by how many remain regulars at the club or by moving on to bigger clubs on their departure.Kenny Duechar - 5 goals in 35 games, went on to Falkirk now retiredEuan McLean - folk hoping for an improvement in JL probably won't want to look at the keepers Mcinnes has signedGraeme Smith - see above (he also signed Kelly from us to)Danny Grainger - Success. Good player in my opinion.Filipe Morais - Success too I guess, left for Oldham after a season.Jonathan Johansson - The type of Mcinnes signing that worries me, over the hill journeymen. Hope they got him on a pay as you play deal.Michael Duberry - Coup for St J and a quality player at that level. Again, it concerns me. When these ex-team mates retire, where does he source his talent. Morris and Duberry gave him a huge lift but when his mates have hung up their boots, is he left high and dry? His pals have certainly been his most effective signings.Cleveland Taylor - Barely played, now at BurtonPeter Enckelman - Calamity prone shot stopper. See Johansson. And Langfield.Sam Parkin - Another journeyman.Marcus Haber - Now at Stevenage. Mostly a sub.Alan Maybury - Now at Hibs.Jennison Myrie-Williams - Barely played. Now at Port Vale.Danny Invincible - Another short term patch. Now in CyprusFraser Wright - Still at the club. Known commodity.David McCracken - Still at the club.David Robertson - Fringe player, still at St J.Callum Davidson - ageing journeymanFran Sandanza - laugh.gif - Great player for them though.Sean Higgins - Now at Falkirk. Barely played.Carl Finnigan - Now at Dundee.Alan Mannus - Superb performance against us this season. Still there.His first signings at Bristol were Foster, Morris and Pearson.Not sure how much we can read into this but there certainly don't seem to be many players there that have gone on to better things.He doesn't seem to have taken in many youngsters and developed them.He seems to have signed numerous veterans. In the twilight of their careers.He seems to have signed numerous journeymen as short term fixes, few of his signings remain at St Johnstone.He doesn't seem to have sourced many lower league players who have stepped up, this despite a good knowledge of the first division, having managed St J out of that league.His transfer activity remains a big concern for me"

Blimey.

Although made signings on around half our wage bill he still managed to finish six points above us both full seasons he was at Saints and they were above us when he left aswell. Maybe with bigger budget he might do even more? Of all the things to use to argue against him coming here his signings at St Johnstone must be right at bottom.

I think he's here for money due to being out of work.

I'd be interested to see how many positions he's applied for since being out of work, just to see if the desperate for work myth is true.

I'd also like to see how many interviews he has had with other clubs, and turned down.

I'm not a fan of the appointment, just because I can chose who I would like as manager - and McInnes is not my choice at all - and judging by many other speaking, they aren't happy either.

Dont think he even made it to interview stage, says it all that they know him well and didnt even bother to interview him.

Reason I say that is that yesterday you were vehemently against McInnes.

Today you are supporting him, bizarrely.

Therefore, it's fair to say that nobody can take a word you say seriously.

Well he's coming so there's no point pissing and moaning about it.

Wrong choice but there you go that's AFC all over.

Welcome aboard Big Del McInnes.

It seems to be a very strange decision indeed and he will get no slack at all if results are poor.

Basically he has to win, right away, or the protests will start.

To be honest, if apathy did not rule the day, we would be organised enough to protest outside Pittodrie so that he was never installed in the first place.

But nobody really cares too much, and some folk actually support him incredibly enough.

I agree we have to live with it but only on the basis that we appear to have no alternative.

other than levein and calderwood this is probibly the worst appointment i could have hoped for. i hope he does the business but really can't see it. binning langfield and setting up his team up to attack would be the makings of a decent start though.