New Kit 2013/14

OK, I'll bite.

0,,10284~11937202,00.jpg

That's a strategically placed adidas label right there.

I still think it's the same one.

I agree, you can almost see the tip of the white v at the bottom of the Adidas badge and the fact there isn't an Adidas motif on the right makes me think it's central..... Im afraid they have fucked up on the kit front yet again! :angry2:

on closer inspection, it does look like that v neck kit. just under the adidas label you can see the point of what looks like a white triangle. and underneath the afc badge you can see the angle of the v pattern. horrible strip in my opinion. hoping for a decent away top now or some of the training gear.

Think people get a bit too het up about the kit these days tbh.

I think our home tops have been fairly decent in recent years and the one with the V neck doesn't bother me at all.

Imagine if the internet was around when this disaster came out?

This place would combust.

aberdeen_h96.png

Think people get a bit too het up about the kit these days tbh. I think our home tops have been fairly decent in recent years and the one with the V neck doesn't bother me at all. Imagine if the internet was around when this disaster came out? This place would combust. aberdeen_h96.png

I bought that full kit and had Dodds 8 on the back. Should still have it somewhere.

Still wear the socks with my wellies at T in the Park :thumbup1:

I think our home tops have been fairly decent in recent years and the one with the V neck doesn't bother me at all.

aberdeen_h96.png

lol i actually liked that top, one of my favorites.

Why do some people, especially adults, get so worked up about a Kit? The Days of Manufacturers making bespoke Kits for Teams are long gone unless you are in the upper echelons on the game. That said, even back in the day the likes of Umbro and Adidas used the same templates for most of their kits with small changes to colur etc being made to suit the team it was for. When will some accept that they are not going to get the unique, bespoke service from Adidas, Nike, the big Players,etc and certainly not a replica of the 83 Kits, there are "bigger" clubs in the world who have the same deal with Adidas, especially in Premiership. If folk arent happy heres an idea, dont buy it, wear the old school kits you love and crave instead.

If having a bespoke Kit, unique to Aberdeen every season/2 seasons is what the Fans want then why not lobby the Club and do what the likes of Kilmarnock and Crystal Palace do and have done? Killie use own brand kits and have done last 5-6 years and are probably generally the choice of the Club and fan groups, Crystal Palace have Just SPort Nike Deal but they wanted bespoke Kits for centenary or something like that, Nike wouldnt do it so Just sport made Kits Palace wanted under the "Avec" name. As said, if people really want bespoke kits then that is arguably the only way they will get it in this day and age. 1983 was Special but all this hankering some have over a particular design of Kit is OTT, last time I checked it was the Players in the Kit who won matches, not the Kit itself so does it matter?

• Upvote 3

aberdeen_h96.png

I've got that top in a frame at home gathering dust in the loft.

It's signed by all the stars from that era.

I got it as payment for a homer.