Becoming A Dad

weemackie

Clydeside min, youre far too paranoid and worrying about nothing. Just be natural. Mine is 17 weeks old now. I come in from work, get changed and straight down onto the floor to play about with her until I have tea.

Accept they will get bumps and scrapes and dinna worry about it. I took mine swimming after her first set of jags, dunked her, and she loved it. Fuck reading books, just take things as they come.

The baby will soon let you know if they dont like somthing. No point asking how our children liked swimming or the swings etc as every child is different.

I wasnae worried! I was just looking for some stimulating parenting discuission.

I just thought the Aberdonians might have some good ideas (That sounds ridiculous reading it back to myself :laughing:)

But I like the spirit of your advice - be natural and get stuck in, good show!

I've got a 5yo daughter and a 1yo son. The loon is much harder work than the quine ever was - he's always climbing things, switching things on and off, eating stuff he shouldn't be and generally up to no good. Good fun though and two different experiences. The wife wants about 5 kids she says (although complains constantly during pregnancy and generally about how easy it is for men blah blah blah), I'd happily stop now with one of each but dare say we'll have one more - definitely not having any more than 3!!!

Get stuck in - families are what life is about "Increase and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it"

Id like to have 3 (I am one of 3 myself).

This has just reminded me the bairn has her next set of jabs next week

So goes absolutely mental getting them, absolutely brutal watching her face

The wife had ours along for her first jabs recently. It was deeply unpleasant apparently, Im glad I wasnt there. The poor wee thing wasnt herself all day after it.

The next set is soon!

I went to all the 'jabs' appointments and they are fairly brutal for the faint hearted. My one was fine afterwards though, have heard it can be a nightmare for some afterwards.

I too went to all three appointments - the missus is scared of needles so i had to be the bad guy who held the little one. Heart breaking seeing their lip go and the tears that follow. Luckily mine was only upset for a couple of minutes then right as rain again.

• 3 weeks later...