Becoming A Dad

weemackie

The Cheerio Challenge

If you’re a parent, there’s a good chance you have a box Cheerios stashed in your cabinet. Although kids and adults both enjoy this tasty snack, dads across the world have found an alternative use for the circular cereal—the basis for a fun game called the Cheerio Challenge. The premise is simple: as a child naps, the dad tries to stack a tower of wheat rings—one at a time—on their offspring’s body. Commonly, this is on the face (the nose or forehead), but anywhere is game.

Despite the simplicity of the task, the Cheerio Challenge is harder than it looks. You’ve got to quietly and stealthily stack the cereal without your kid waking up—no matter how funny you may find it. “The real challenge of the Cheerio Challenge is stifling your own laughter,” Quinn said.

Anything over five Cheerios high is considered impressive, but if you’re a dad and have tried the #CheerioChallenge, let us know how far you got!

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/life-of-dad-cheerio-challenge

lifeofdad10_zps0wwm8s02.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It is refreshing to see someone go through with the DNA test for full acknowledgement of their parental status. Over the years I have witnessed many people get together on the basis of an "unplanned" pregnancy. I have often wondered how many of the fathers in question are bringing up someone else's offspring.

not a chance in hell will i get back together with this woman regardless of the result. She is a complete physco who destroyed my car first with a baseball bat then used her own car as a battering ram, writing off both cars. Stupid me forgot about that a year or so later and went back to pump her. Despite all this i am fully aware of my responsibilities as an adult ( immature maybe ) and as a man. Might sound corny, but if it is mine then i do have to take responsibility despite our history and the fact i live in a different country now. Should get the results back this week some time.

not a chance in hell will i get back together with this woman regardless of the result. She is a complete physco who destroyed my car first with a baseball bat then used her own car as a battering ram, writing off both cars. Stupid me forgot about that a year or so later and went back to pump her. Despite all this i am fully aware of my responsibilities as an adult ( immature maybe ) and as a man. Might sound corny, but if it is mine then i do have to take responsibility despite our history and the fact i live in a different country now. Should get the results back this week some time.

Come on min, what did you do?

One day overdue now. I know folk can be up to 2 weeks late but I'm feeling impatient already, and the wife is super fed up.

Any of the old wives tales actually work for anyone?

I've heard a few pints with your mates then heading along to Pittodrie is the best cure.