Mosque In Seaton

I wouldn't give a flying fuck. Again, I'm a hard core atheist, but if you want to build a church, mosque or synagogue across the street from me then knock yourself out.

Mosques, in general, are beautiful buildings, and would add to the aesthetic of an area. The people who go to Mosque are, in general, no bother to anyone.

Why would it even be an issue?

1251351834_islamic-mosque-dearborn-michi

• Upvote 6

A big no from me and a huge pity the protest over it at the weekend was turned into a farce by the usual "anti fascism scum", rent a mob students who have no idea what they're speaking about.

This is the beach front at Aberdeen, all the pro mosque leaflets show a patch of grass beside some high rise flats, spin that camera and you have unspoiled coastline, why not build it in one of the industrial estates at Altens or Dyce.

I'd rather it wasn't built here at all, it will only be divisive, in Aberdeen we've avoided that crap so far, building this thing here isn't progress.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'd rather it wasn't built here at all, it will only be divisive, in Aberdeen we've avoided that crap so far, building this thing here isn't progress.

So I guess the mosque on the Spital hasn't caused you too much bother if you weren't even aware of it? But saying that, I don't think anybody should be building on green space down by the beach.

So I guess the mosque on the Spital hasn't caused you too much bother if you weren't even aware of it? But saying that, I don't think anybody should be building on green space down by the beach.

I'm well aware of the mosque in the spital but as you'll know it isn't a big fuck off look at me building, I've said I have no problem with them having a place to pray, the beachfront isn't the correct place.

I'm also anti offshore windfarm, leave the beach and coastline alone.

Unless its new houses, a hotel or a fancy office for an oil company then I can't see the council putting it through.

That is unless the kebab shop owners have whip round for a hander.

They would have to, otherwise the good 'race card' will be played :rolleyes:

Well david Cameron says we have to change to adapt to them, not vice versa. Never thought I would utter racist remarks but enough is enough time to shut the doors and evict some muzzies

David Cameron supports the UAF, two years ago one of Lee Rigbys killers was a guest speaker at a UAF rally. We don't need change we need to say, this is Britain, you're welcome here but you live by our laws and freedoms, and stop dressing your kids and women like black post boxes, let them wear shorts and a tee on a hot day.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Islam has no place in the North East. That IS a racist statement and I'm proud of it.

I agree.

Come here and live your life free of all that god myths, you're going no where once you kick it, non of us are, get down the nuclear and have a laugh, get off yer knees and stop praying ffs.

• Upvote 1

saw photo the other day, man and woman walking down street in t shirt and shorts, it was islamabad, meanwhile in london they dressed woman like letterboxes. crazy.

my old man said we would have a muslim goverment before long, well were almost there now

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When you're saying at the beach where you meaning?

Would really depend where it was going for me. Plenty of that area would be better left open as it is. Already more than enough shitty buildings down there.

Surely there are other areas where the mosque could go? Not a problem with mosques btw. Would say the same if someone wanted a church, synagogue or another block of ugly cheap arse flats (or another ugly fricken hotel) down there too.

But hey if they'll put the shit they put down there just now then they can't in all good faith (uh...) turn down the mosque.

Just re-read that. Is this beside the Seaton flats? Them ugly multicoloured 70s sonsofbitches... one of which went up in smoke a few years back?

The grassy area around them and the service station? If so... fill your boots muslims. It'd distract from those forementioned goddawful ugly flats.

Aye Kelt we'll build the mosque in your back yard and you can party along with them, call to prayer at 5 in the morning won't be a problem when you've been on the JD half the night, :)

Like I've said, I think they're backwards and misogynistic... and like any religion they're fucking idiots.

I see no reason to prevent them worshiping their god, just like no-one minds the blue-rinse brigade worshiping their iteration of the same god, or the Jews worshiping their iteration of the same god.

Life's too short to expend energy on mindless prejudice.

I have my opinion, but I'm not going to protest theists just because I think they're cretins.

Build a thousand foot high mandir* with a mechanical, golden Ganesh at the top for all I care.

And at 5 in the morning after a night on the Jack Daniels you could fly a hijacked airliner into my bedroom and it wouldnae wake me up.

*Third time's the charm.

Why don't they put it in the Amadeus building, is that still empty?

Heh, beside all the bacon selling places with bacon waft and the sound of infidels enjoying themselves on the dodgems at the cinema or up against the wall around the back of Frankie and Benny's?

Not sure they'd be too keen on that.

Yeah and no.

No because religion is nonsense and because of the racism that will come with this.

I'm not however going to go out of my way to go down and see 'the mosque at Seaton' so it's not really going to bother me much if it IS built. I won't be there, so meh from me.

In a nutshell for me.

I'm also proud of the fact that Aberdeen is one of the least religious places you'll find on earth as all religions are an utter, utter nonsense and the fact that very few people practice religion in Aberdeen means we are an intellectual bunch.

IMO.

However, I don't have a problem if people want to practice religion in Aberdeen and the wider north-east. Fire on if that's what makes you happy.

A mosque doon the beach doesn't really put me up or down.

Doesn't affect my life in the slightest.

I drove past the protest on Sunday, the National Front are an embarrassment to humanity and it saddens me that people like this actually exist in general, let alone in our city.

Fuckwits to a man.

Live and let live.

• Upvote 1

A big no from me and a huge pity the protest over it at the weekend was turned into a farce by the usual "anti fascism scum", rent a mob students who have no idea what they're speaking about.

This is the beach front at Aberdeen, all the pro mosque leaflets show a patch of grass beside some high rise flats, spin that camera and you have unspoiled coastline, why not build it in one of the industrial estates at Altens or Dyce.

Building a mosque, is progress

Surely putting it in a ready-made, empty building a couple of miles along the road (Amadeus) would show more forward thinking and that people can co-operate? Just do it up with some Islamic banners, a few sculptures, lick of paint and you'd easily get a few thousand in there. Are there a few thousand people in Aberdeen that would use it? How busy is the current gaff down in Old Aberdeen?

• Upvote 2

Sorry, they don't integrate with us so what right do they have to take over our architecture?

They want to keep themselves to themselves so why are they here?

What was wrong with where they came from that they need to come here and impose?

You have to admire my racism?

caledonia, the very thick stupid cunt, would just say pakis out.

Some will object to what you say, but having lived in the North of England (not for much longer, thankfully!) for 8yrs now, I have seen how divisive they are. While I have no quarrel with the Muslim world (I have indeed holidayed in several of their countries and have great memories of doing so) and respect their right to their beliefs, what is equally true is that their ways and our ways simply do not mix.

Anyone doubt me? Then I invite you to take a look around Bradford, Oldham, Burnley, Rochdale, Bury, Rusholme, etc. and see for yourselves (and fuck off if anyone thinks I have a problem with "Asians" - very often the target of Islamics are Indian Hindus and Sikhs. Ask them how they feel sharing space with Islamists).

• Upvote 1

In a nutshell for me.

I'm also proud of the fact that Aberdeen is one of the least religious places you'll find on earth as all religions are an utter, utter nonsense and the fact that very few people practice religion in Aberdeen means we are an intellectual bunch.

IMO.

However, I don't have a problem if people want to practice religion in Aberdeen and the wider north-east. Fire on if that's what makes you happy.

A mosque doon the beach doesn't really put me up or down.

Doesn't affect my life in the slightest.

I drove past the protest on Sunday, the National Front are an embarrassment to humanity and it saddens me that people like this actually exist in general, let alone in our city.

Fuckwits to a man.

Live and let live.

I agree that the National Front (and BNP and EDL) are a joke, but you make no mention of the Islamists who regularly parade around Belgium, Netherlands, France and England (and recently Sweden) with their radical views.

Some will cite Turkey as an example of Islamic secularism, but look at this week's developments... and also bear in mind that the military ENFORCE the secular constitution.

As a side note: I find it hilarious how many apologists for this religion are feminists and/or gays, when in fact even the most moderate Muslims aggressively oppose the former and believe the latter a criminal act. Tolerance is all well and good, but how does one tolerate the intolerant?