Dumb America News Stories

• 3 weeks later...

the mother should be arrested for child abuse. or neglect. or something. honestly. this child is a train wreck on its way to happening. :(

http://defamer.gawker.com/honey-boo-boos-new-music-video-life-are-too-sad-to-wat-1687954029

This is approaching the end game of what you get in a society that worships and covets celebrity. Fat, brainless, talentless morons who are bizarre and freakish enough for the money men to exploit like an exhibit in P.T. Barnum's Circus.

I remember watching a documentary a good few years back where a Japanese TV producer was saying that in the not too distant future it's not going to be enough to merely show the freaks in all their glory. At some point, he reckoned, the audience would demand the death of a participant in one of the countless reality/celebrity/poke the freak shows.

In some ways we've already gone past that point, and the untimely death of celebrities is getting old.

I'm old enough to remember that at least a bit of talent was required to become a celebrity... nowadays sucking a dick on camera will launch you as a star (see Hilton. P, Kardashian, K)

• 1 month later...

cos who doesn't take a gun to church? :suicide:

Easter Mass no less.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/608417/Gun-fired-during-Mass.html?nav=742

A legally carried handgun discharged in the pocket of an attendee at Easter vigil Mass at the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament on Saturday evening. A critical piece of the handgun apparently caught on the man's pants as he stood up, according to Altoona police officer Christy Heck. The safety apparently was not engaged, she said.

http://gawker.com/churchgoer-tries-to-hide-gun-after-accidentally-shootin-1695947245

"...whereupon this unnamed man passed the gun to a friend, who attempted to hide it in his church program. Trying to disguise a gun that's just gone off inside a church program is maybe the only thing more brazen than actually shooting the gun inside church."

heavy sigh.

This is approaching the end game of what you get in a society that worships and covets celebrity. Fat, brainless, talentless morons who are bizarre and freakish enough for the money men to exploit like an exhibit in P.T. Barnum's Circus.

I remember watching a documentary a good few years back where a Japanese TV producer was saying that in the not too distant future it's not going to be enough to merely show the freaks in all their glory. At some point, he reckoned, the audience would demand the death of a participant in one of the countless reality/celebrity/poke the freak shows.

In some ways we've already gone past that point, and the untimely death of celebrities is getting old.

I'm old enough to remember that at least a bit of talent was required to become a celebrity... nowadays sucking a dick on camera will launch you as a star (see Hilton. P, Kardashian, K)

I'm all for a running man style to show to spice things up a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:clangers2:

CHyhfbqVEAIKgB4.jpg

"Of all cities, in Charleston, to have a horrible hateful person go into the church and kill people there to pray and worship with each other is something that is beyond any comprehension and is not explained," said Mayor Joseph P. Riley Jr. "We are going to put our arms around that church and that church family."

Charleston? where they still fly the confederate flag everywhere? someone is surprised this happens?

and guns. a 21st birthday gift from his dad. fan-fucking-tastic.

"We do know that once again, innocent people were killed in part because someone who wanted to inflict harm had no trouble getting their hands on a gun," Obama said at the White House. "At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this kind of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn't happen in other places with this kind of frequency. It is in our power to do something about it."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/politics/obama-south-carolina-church-shooting/

when will Americans change? and realize that guns actually do kill.

I was recently criticised on here for saying that America was out of control with the guns, on the basis that the latest shooting spree incident I was commenting on happened in Canada.

It gives me no great pleasure to be 100% correct again.

That whole continent is fucked up.

I'm expecting apologies from all those who live there.

I was recently criticised on here for saying that America was out of control with the guns, on the basis that the latest shooting spree incident I was commenting on happened in Canada.

Just be thankful you don't live there with your temper. You'd be doing life and be the wife of Big Bubba.

• Upvote 1

eh? that's not how the conversation here went at all. but i'm sure we can revisit it in that thread if you like? :wave:

i took issue not with your comments on gun control legislation but on saying that Canada was as fucked up as America. i still hold that position.

eh? that's not how the conversation here went at all. but i'm sure we can revisit it in that thread if you like? :wave:

i took issue not with your comments on gun control legislation but on saying that Canada was as fucked up as America. i still hold that position.

It's like comparing whether you would like to spew or shit yourself.

Neither is going to be brilliant.

Canada/America, two cheeks of the same fucked up arse.

Gun ownership for the general public is total insanity. There is no justification for it.

It's like comparing whether you would like to spew or shit yourself.

Neither is going to be brilliant.

Canada/America, two cheeks of the same fucked up arse.

Gun ownership for the general public is total insanity. There is no justification for it.

same arse? huh.

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=35109&p=1161471

(it should point to post 100, but it doesn't. my apologies)

Imagine if a dweeb like thon was armed to the teeth in the UK?

Carnage would ensue.

This is absolute common sense but the yanks in particular have no interest in sense. They want guns.

indeed.

which is why other countries, like Canada and Australia, have gun control legislation.

i see you've now stopped referring to the USA and Canada as much the same now?

anyway, how you could expect racism to have dissipated in a state where they still fly the confederate flag proudly and, in fact, haven't lowered it to half staff this week like the other flags at government buildings, isn't too surprising.

In solemn tribute to the nine people gunned down at a Charleston church, two flags atop the statehouse in Columbia, South Carolina, were lowered to half-staff on Thursday. They will stay there for nine days in honor of each victim.

But in a bewildering display, a Confederate flag on statehouse grounds is still flying high. It wasn't an oversight. It's because of state law, according to reports.

In South Carolina, the governor does not have legal authority to alter the flag," the press secretary said. "Only the General Assembly can do that."

The flag — as well as other historically named icons and places — is legally protected under the 2000 South Carolina Heritage Act. The flag continues to draw criticism from South Carolinians who say it keeps the symbol of slavery and the Civil War alive.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/south-carolinas-confederate-flag-not-lowered-half-mast-after-church-n378316

Yes, the yanks and their guns are f*cked up.

The perpetrator of this attack turns out to be the usual 'sort' as shown by the arrest photos - the dead eyes and the petulant expression.

It is said he "wanted a return to social segregation" - I think its a sad fact that there is more of that already existing (in the USA) than we realise at times, as shown by the fact the story revolves around an "African American Church" as opposed to just a "Church".

Some fella was on the wireless explaining that "guns dont kill people - people kill people" - and while thats an argument I used to sympathise with, it is in fact bollocks and it sounds more tired every time they are faced with a pile of bodies. This imagined "right to bear arms" isnt worth the life of a single person.

Amazing they get so passionate over the "right to bear arms" but react with abject horror if you propose a "right to healthcare". Weirdos.

The racism angle quickly overtook the shooting angle. I think the shooting angle is the main angle - there was always be various types of prejudiced / bigoted wankers, alas, but it helps if you can keep them away from guns.

Anyway, another needless tragedy from the land of the american dream. Thank f*ck I live in Glasgow.

Yes, the yanks and their guns are f*cked up.

The perpetrator of this attack turns out to be the usual 'sort' as shown by the arrest photos - the dead eyes and the petulant expression.

It is said he "wanted a return to social segregation" - I think its a sad fact that there is more of that already existing (in the USA) than we realise at times, as shown by the fact the story revolves around an "African American Church" as opposed to just a "Church".

Some fella was on the wireless explaining that "guns dont kill people - people kill people" - and while thats an argument I used to sympathise with, it is in fact bollocks and it sounds more tired every time they are faced with a pile of bodies. This imagined "right to bear arms" isnt worth the life of a single person.

Amazing they get so passionate over the "right to bear arms" but react with abject horror if you propose a "right to healthcare". Weirdos.

The racism angle quickly overtook the shooting angle. I think the shooting angle is the main angle - there was always be various types of prejudiced / bigoted wankers, alas, but it helps if you can keep them away from guns.

Anyway, another needless tragedy from the land of the american dream. Thank f*ck I live in Glasgow.

Was it the boy from Goldie Looking Chain?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ICG0MuzEYzw