U20's Thread

There probably is.

Our manager doesnt really trust youth players.

McKenna is an exception as he has made it extremely diffucult to drop him. But on the whole McInnes isn't a believer in youth.

Will be interesting to see what happens if we do get a new manager... there seems to be a bit of talent in the U20s at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if one or two, who catch the eye, get an early chance.

There probably is.

Our manager doesnt really trust youth players.

McKenna is an exception as he has made it extremely diffucult to drop him. But on the whole McInnes isn't a believer in youth.

I think that's a bit unfair because of how much we have achieved in the last few years. There has been no youngsters banging at the door capable of doing better than our established first team players. If you look at clubs like Hearts they are flooding their team with youngsters who are having no influence on their games. I guess in a few years they may be better placed for it...or more likely those boys will have achieved nothing other than a few first team games and disappear down to junior level.

I am sure McInnes will reward the best young players with first team football, I just think we've never had any good enough to warrant a game. Obviously with the loss of influential players like Hayes/McGinn there may be more opportunities than otherwise would have been given.

Great to see Frank Ross play,score and show everyone his skills and talent today.Has been the outstanding u20s player for ages and now ready to become first team player.

Hell of a free kick, would love to see him play just behind the striker or as a centre mid, great ball control and looked confident. Only other time I saw him was the 3-0 win against Saints and he did well then too (granted we were 3-0 up and was in second half but stil)