U20's Thread

Theres no paranoia involved. We all know from experience exactly how the SFA and SPFL would approach this and its certainly not going to be with a new found sense of equality for all clubs.

I like the idea of colt teams itself, I just dont believe theyd be properly implemented in Scotland.

And I think the point about teams losing even more fans to the OF still stands, in a few years clubs like Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Airdrie, Patrick whatever would be badly affected as many of their fans decide they want to watch Celtic/Rangers colts. So it gets used by the OF as another way to screw everyone else.

Not against it in principal just to many ways it will be twisted to suit those 2 teams.

Sadly I completely agree. A good idea in principle which would be implemented in a flawed manner in Scotland to the benefit of 2 teams

Sadly I completely agree. A good idea in principle which would be implemented in a flawed manner in Scotland to the benefit of 2 teams

I dont have an issue if its to the benefit of two teams per se. Or 1 or 3 or whatever. Its when I can immediately think of reasons as to why it would be to the detriment of the other 40 clubs with no business case being put up for the positives - some misty eyed nonsense about Europe nthat- that I have the issue. Crowds and player pools being two obvious negatives for starters.

Would be good to hear any regular U20s watchers opinions on how our young lads compare to the youngsters Hearts have been playing in their first team.

Harry Cochrane and Anthony McDonald have not been regulars at international level, although the most recent squads, post last years victory shield, Id imagine they would have been included if not for both suffering long term injuries. Good players, but if comparing players of ours who play in similar positions, Id rate Seb Ross ahead of Harry at this time. Ethan Ross seems to have cemented his place in the international squad so will be interesting to see what happens now that Anthony is getting first team exposure

Seb Ross and Deano down with the first team today i believe.

Indeed they were, and Archie Mair also. Archie takes part in most warm ups now, Dean and Seb both been involved in a few matchday squads without making the 18. Great experience though and with a bit of luck hopefully a wee cameo appearance can be round the corner. Hes not impatient and realises hes only been full time for 6 months, but hes itching.
  • Upvote 5

Anyone seen much of the two 16 year olds that played for hearts today, when they ended Celtics unbeaten run?

Central midfielder got the first goal and the Motm champagne... up against Scott Brown no less. Must be a fair talent?

Shame he canna drink it eh?

Will be a good 18th birthday party if he carries on collecting the bubbles!

They had to give it to the boy who got the two goals instead

All wrong. Though standard from SOTR.

Berra got the champagne

From the St Johnstone official site.

Saints U20s are in Development League action tomorrow afternoon when they welcome Aberdeen to New Central Park for their last match of 2017, kick off 2pm.

This will be the third meeting of the sides this season with The Dons winning the first two games 1-0. The sides first met back in August for an Irn Bru cup tie at Glebe Park as a goal by Dons midfielder Frank Ross on 41 minutes was enough to separate the sides as Aberdeen progressed to the next round. A month later the sides met again at Glebe Park for a Development League game. The only goal of the game came on 28 minutes as Ethan Ross’s cross into the box picked older brother Seb Ross who calmly beat Zander Clark from 10 yards.

Saints go into the match in tenth place with 15 points whilst Aberdeen, who defeated Partick Thistle 6-3 in their last match, go into the game in second place with 26 points.

just admit you got this wrong we can all move on

:laughing:

Have only see the highlights, but brilliant composure for the first goal and a great throughball for Millinkovich just after scoring. Looks like a talent. Great to see a young lad playing without fear against Celtic - some of our own first team players should take note! We give them far too much respect.

• Upvote 1

Hud on a minute. The video literally says 'Harry Cochrane had to pass on champagne'

The video quite clearly shows Berra taking the champagne.

You are owe me a massive apology min.

Bad grammar pal. That's all that is.

He was man of the match but was not able to be awarded the champagne by the match sponsors for legal matters.