U20's Thread

It's a privilege and a pleasure getting to see these lads play (ooh er), as they're a great side.

If that happens to be in the arshole end of Kilmarnock on a pishing doon Sunday, then so be it.

My youngest (11) isn't nearly at the level of your boy but in Oz terms he's doing pretty well. (in terms of progression) I'm the same. It's a pain in the hoop sometimes but let them find their level as far as i"m concerned and do the driving rain, hail or whatever. I'm driven cos my parents couldn't do it for me because they didn't have the opportunity. No worries but i can supply the time.

Good piece on the aberdeen fc website today chatting to Scott Anderson about the Youth Academy and progressing players through to u17s who now play in a competitive league,to under 20s development league,to first team.Very difficult path for young players.Injuries and players on loan have given Seb Ross and Dean Campbell a chance. Do under 17s still play at Balgownie weekends ? Look to have good players in that team with Connor McLennan Scotland u17s and several Scotland u15s.

• 3 weeks later...

1-0 win against a tough Top Level Academy FC, which is a touring team of recently released players from all over Europe and beyond, putting them in the "shop window". Absolutely delighted and proud as punch to see Deano make his debut, coming on for the very impressive Dylan Thomas with 20 to go.

• Upvote 9

Yep but going in the right direction, keeps progressing as he is and he's got a fighting chance of making it. As long as he stays grounded and doesn't start thinking he's made it I think a better than 50% chance of at least a pro contract at 16, they must see something in him to throw him in so early.

Good luck to him anyway, hope it keeps progressing for him.

1-0 win against a tough Top Level Academy FC, which is a touring team of recently released players from all over Europe and beyond, putting them in the "shop window". Absolutely delighted and proud as punch to see Deano make his debut, coming on for the very impressive Dylan Thomas with 20 to go.

This is brilliant min. Early days like you say, but it's very positive for Dean to be so far on, so young.

• Upvote 1