U20's Thread

Delighted to say Deano made his reserve league debut today, coming on for around the last 20 minutes. Super proud dad today and from this it's on to salubrious Somerset park with the 17's on Sunday. Good times

Fantastic news min, with he added bonus of a victory over them which is welcome at every level.

Hopefully see your loon gracing he hallowed turf for the famous in future years, sounds like he's progressing well.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Deano, top lad!!! :)

Any chance of a match report Ollie, can't see one on Twitter yet?

Pass marks to all today. Young sevconians kept the ball well at the back but didn't threaten too much other than one or two half chances. Aberdeen worthy winners, standout performers were Mikey Rose and McKenna at the back, Dylan Thomas and Frank Ross in midfield Orsi up front puts in a great shift and likes the physical challenge of these types of game.

The substitute Campbell never put a foot wrong either.....

Fantastic news min, with he added bonus of a victory over them which is welcome at every level.

Hopefully see your loon gracing he hallowed turf for the famous in future years, sounds like he's progressing well.

Cheers DtD min. Just another wee baby step on what is still a very long road, but couldn't be more happy for him than I am today.

Delighted to say Deano made his reserve league debut today, coming on for around the last 20 minutes. Super proud dad today and from this it's on to salubrious Somerset park with the 17's on Sunday. Good times

Fantastic. Step by step, he is going forward. Seems like the club are liking what they're seeing and have a plan mapped out for his future. How old is he again?

• Upvote 1

Great stuff Deano.

Certainly not taking anything away from the joy you both must have, against them too. That must be one of the best feelings for you both. Does playing a 15 year old in the development team mean theres a lack of players at that level ready to come through to the first team?

Excellent to hear about young Dean doing so well at a young age, would love to see him make it as a Pro and can't imagine how proud you must be of the lad.

Having just turned 15, I'd imagine its difficult age period coming now to keep his focus in working hard at his game Ollie? Would you say a crucial period for any young lad to just keep the head down work hard and enjoy the football without too many distractions taking over?

I'd guess too many potential talents discover birds and booze and then probably never make it as a quality pro.

Excellent to hear about young Dean doing so well at a young age, would love to see him make it as a Pro and can't imagine how proud you must be of the lad.

Having just turned 15, I'd imagine its difficult age period coming now to keep his focus in working hard at his game Ollie? Would you say a crucial period for any young lad to just keep the head down work hard and enjoy the football without too many distractions taking over?

I'd guess too many potential talents discover birds and booze and then probably never make it as a quality pro.

Been away for the weekend so apologies for not acknowledging everyones posts, but cheers to all for your best wishes. Dean is still on a fair high.

A very proud moment indeed. Delighted for him as his dad, but also as an Aberdeen fan to know that opportunities will be given to young lads if they've earned it.

Aye, he's at that age now where it goes one of two ways. At the moment he's pretty focused on football and at school, and to be honest, with the amount of training these boys are doing between school and club, and Dean being fortunate to get a little extra game time over a couple of age groups, he doesn't have much spare time and just comes home and chills out.

What about setting up a hatter parental board? If Ollie takes care of the schooling, acne and emotional issues we'll all agree to help out with the wine women and song on his behalf. I'm told we could even take the drugs off his hands if that helps. So I'm told, allegedly, you know, with it being illegal and that!

Seriously, with a loon myself I can only imagine the chest busting pride you must be feeling right now.