U20's Thread

Man alive, bursting with pride tonight. Deano's first start for the 20's, first 90 minutes, and played no small part in digging out a fine victory for what could have been the youngest under 20 side ever. Special mention to the other under 15's, Terry Taylor, who also played the full game, Nathan Meres and Ethan Ross who came off the bench late on for their debuts at this level. Soak it up lads. Fucking delighted for you all.

• Upvote 6

Man alive, bursting with pride tonight. Deano's first start for the 20's, first 90 minutes, and played no small part in digging out a fine victory for what could have been the youngest under 20 side ever. Special mention to the other under 15's, Terry Taylor, who also played the full game, Nathan Meres and Ethan Ross who came off the bench late on for their debuts at this level. Soak it up lads. Fucking delighted for you all.

My 20's contact said Deano played really well, especially his set up for the goal, well done to him and all the other young guys, the future looks bright.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My 20's contact said Deano played really well, especially his set up for the goal, well done to him and all the other young guys, the future looks bright.

Cheers Dayts. Aye, I thought the central midfield of Dean, Terry Taylor and Dylan Thomas all had very good games. All won their battles and helped create a lot of opportunities to get the wide men on the ball. The last 10 / 15 minutes was a hard shift as County pressed for the equaliser. But it's great testament to the youngsters that they managed to dig in and hold out for the win, but helped massively throughout by the "older" heads of McKenna and Dan Harvie especially.

The recent Dan Harvie interview on the AFC site is well worth a read, he speaks really highly of the youngsters and gives a good interview, I rate him and hope to see him break through to the first team next season, few rough edges but a tough nut who could have a great future.

Aaron Norris seemed to have been a handful going by the match report.

Nuttall not in the squad, wonder if that means he'll be in the squad for the Celtic game?

Joe is in the squad, don't know if he'll start but with Church and Rooney both out we're struggling for a striker, few other young guys in the squad as well, eye very much on the future and not the win is my thinking, so don't hold your breath anyone backing the dons to win. :)

Joe is in the squad, don't know if he'll start but with Church and Rooney both out we're struggling for a striker, few other young guys in the squad as well, eye very much on the future and not the win is my thinking, so don't hold your breath anyone backing the dons to win. :)

We've beaten a better Celtic side with a much worse Dons side, so anything can happen.

I'm not writing us off, just think Deek is doing the sensible thing instead of putting the result first, it's a nothing game at the end of the day, won't be for the kids though so hope they put in a shift and get a result.....if they do get a start as I think they will.

Ken the young loon Meres' sister - is he a talent Ollie?

Well done on your loon getting his first start. Sounds like he played well.

Cheers Daz.

It really depends what Nathan turns up. On his day, at under 15 level, he is unplayable. He is one of those players who plays very much on the edge, and needs that little bit of aggression / nastiness to be really effective. He can often pay the price for this but without it he's definitely not the same player. I've said it before on here, he very much reminds me of how Chris Maguire would have been at that age. Only Nath is better.

Cheers Daz.

It really depends what Nathan turns up. On his day, at under 15 level, he is unplayable. He is one of those players who plays very much on the edge, and needs that little bit of aggression / nastiness to be really effective. He can often pay the price for this but without it he's definitely not the same player. I've said it before on here, he very much reminds me of how Chris Maguire would have been at that age. Only Nath is better.

Sounds like he has a chance aswell. Certainly promising with all these youngsters getting run outs with the 20's. Hopefully they all push on.

You and Deano were a couple in front of me in the queue at the bar at Noel the other week - you've certainly got him dressed like a footballer already with his Pretty Green jacket. Felt almost starstruck seeing him after reading about his progress on here for so long haha. Hopefully its the first team lineup hes making in a couple of years time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I'm not writing us off, just think Deek is doing the sensible thing instead of putting the result first, it's a nothing game at the end of the day, won't be for the kids though so hope they put in a shift and get a result.....if they do get a start as I think they will.

would be very out of character of mcinnes to play anyone other than the normal guys.

Sounds like he has a chance aswell. Certainly promising with all these youngsters getting run outs with the 20's. Hopefully they all push on.

You and Deano were a couple in front of me in the queue at the bar at Noel the other week - you've certainly got him dressed like a footballer already with his Pretty Green jacket. Felt almost starstruck seeing him after reading about his progress on here for so long haha.

You should have gave us a skelp on the back o' the heid and I could have passed a few beers back to ye.

He's certainly grew a bit since I started speaking about him on here!

You and Deano were a couple in front of me in the queue at the bar at Noel the other week - you've certainly got him dressed like a footballer already with his Pretty Green jacket. Felt almost starstruck seeing him after reading about his progress on here for so long haha. Hopefully its the first team lineup hes making in a couple of years time.

Nae sure how that deserves a -1 but don't worry i'll distract them from now on to protect your post & will also +1 you to bring you back to 0

• Downvote 2

Young Dons under 20 side got beat 2-1 by Dundee in a friendly today, were the better team apparently but just couldn't find the net enough times. Hopefully Ollie will have been there and will provide a match report.

Unfortunately I wasn't there this afternoon, but faither in law was. All he said was Dean was "okay, first half, had a good second". Nath (Meres) came on with half an hour to go and was "very good". Amazing to watch his journey too as him and Dean started at Ian Wilson's training together at 4 years old.

He also said there were a couple of trialists who were "okay". Nae idea who they were.

Will wait 'til I speak to Deano and get his version of events, as I'd tend to take his word for things other than a blinkered grandparent who doesn't think he's put a foot wrong since he was in the womb.