Aberdeen V Alloa (0 - 0) (6 - 5 Pens)

Thank fuck for that. That should be the penalty shoot-out hoodoo off our back anyway.

Concerning that we didn't seem to play well. RedTV commentary were perhaps trying to make us sound better than we actually were from what I've heard from others. They were suggesting a decent first half performance with lack of cutting edge (surprise surprise) and a real lack of any direction and dynamism in the second.

Important thing is that we got through. Expected nothing less than a difficult test from Alloa. Games against lower league opposition tend to be that way for Prem sides, and when you look around the rest of the results, it doesn't seem so bad.

Would expect an improved performance on Saturday, regardless of whether Flood or Hayes make it or not.

By the looks of Hayes going off he will be lucky if he can remember his name by Saturday let alone play football.

The fact we scraped through by the narrowest of margins against a team of amateur footballers, at home, should be enough to give even the most glaikit Dons fan pause for thought.

We may also now be missing the majority of our first string midfield.

That last bit is bad.

By the looks of Hayes going off he will be lucky if he can remember his name by Saturday let alone play football.

Tell him he's Ronaldo and let him loose.

• Upvote 1

I nearly walked out before the pens, credit to the lads who scored great pens

and well done Langfield for saving one.

The team got worse as the game progressed, injuries didn't help but at the

end of the day we actually won a game on pens.

Especially Vernon. Last pen, low on confidence and he smashes it into the top corner.

Sorry, how many games have you seen this season?

We weren't "shite" at Tynecastle, we could just as easily won by 3 or 4.

Yes we were.

We were beaten by a side that wanted it more. First to every loose ball & gave us no time on ball.

Ref didn't help us admittedly but considering the circumstances at Hearts, we should have swept them aside without having to worry about a pish ref.

More determined team won because we were just pishing about until it was too late

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 SPFL teams played tonight.

3 out & 2 go through on pens.

Thank fuck we're one of the two.

Thank you Clangers & all six pen takers. Considering or recent record, it took balls to take the pens with any kind of confidence.

Agreed. At start of evening I would probably have taken that. At end of extra time i definitely would.

Poor Alloa. Silver lining for them is I went to Alloa last time we drew them in the cup and it's such a dive I doubt they have radios or internet coverage there so they still won't know they've lost

Had a cracking seat at the Merkland end of the south stand - had about 110 mins of football played in front of me

First 5 we actually looked alright until we put the ball in the box when it went to no one basically some one needs to tak the wide guys were to aim for and the central guys where to place themselves

2nd half just lost the drive and energy completely - we played so many sideways balls I thought someone had turned the pitch round 90 degrees

extra time Thank f..k that murray and low had some legs on them as no one else did

penalties couldn't watch but could not watch if that made sense - hard to tell if their keeper was on form as he didn't do anything really in the previous 120 mins

Flood injury didn't look too bad pulled up went off - hopefully more a tweak than a pull

Hayes didn't move from crashing to the floor and was bound tightly from head to foot to the stretcher including a neck brace - very telling also that they didn't walk along the track but stayed on the pitch all the way to the tunnel - looked bad

Had a cracking seat at the Merkland end of the south stand - had about 110 mins of football played in front of me

First 5 we actually looked alright until we put the ball in the box when it went to no one basically some one needs to tak the wide guys were to aim for and the central guys where to place themselves

2nd half just lost the drive and energy completely - we played so many sideways balls I thought someone had turned the pitch round 90 degrees

extra time Thank f..k that murray and low had some legs on them as no one else did

penalties couldn't watch but could not watch if that made sense - hard to tell if their keeper was on form as he didn't do anything really in the previous 120 mins

Flood injury didn't look too bad pulled up went off - hopefully more a tweak than a pull

Hayes didn't move from crashing to the floor and was bound tightly from head to foot to the stretcher including a neck brace - very telling also that they didn't walk along the track but stayed on the pitch all the way to the tunnel - looked bad

what happened to him Bamber was it clash of heads?