Aberdeen V Alloa (0 - 0) (6 - 5 Pens)

Trialist
icon1.gifRe: McInnes falling out with Aberdeen fans
My God, they actually lost? biggrin.gif

It was the cup upsets that had them turning on Jimmy, who actually did a great job.

What a fkn plonker.

Has he forgotten his scummy team went out of this cup in the first round to Forfar?

I didn't know Millertime had opened an account on FF.com

• Upvote 2

still trying to get over last night, phew we made it only just, can't mind who on this board described Alloa as shite! anyway what the fuck about Zola how about a new chant "your just a black Rory fallon" the man looked woefully out of his depth, plodding along , no special awareness, zero ability, he reminds me of the pantomime horse from Rentaghost (all you younger hatters google it, all you more mature ones will agree with me!)

pass marks for young Murray, worked hard always available impressive display, Flood was our best player looks like that injury could be a 4 -6 week affair. Vernon took his penalty well but Christ he is a pro footballer surely we can expect them to hit a good shot from 12 yards.

The patient pulled through but was on the critical list for a long time.

Credit to Alloa , Hartley had them well set up, the were disciplined, fought for everything and were a credit to the Championship and their manager. the ball that rolled across in front of goal I was just waiting to have a swarm of wasps on it to deliver a sting to the Dons!

Last night is very much the reason I was skeptical of people asking for the worst team at home in the league cup!!

Not that Alloa were the worst team... but you know what I mean

They looked good for a team just up to the 1st Division. All the best to Paul Hartley. We played well 1st half but they handled us. We played sh**e after that and they controlled it for some periods.

even im scared of the robsons now and i dont have a clue who they are.

Blutes, I heard a few weeks ago to young lads tried to harass barrys uncle Ian on his way home from the Ranch, he gave them a mother and father of a hiding, and indeed such a doing , after he arrived at his house he went back to check the boys were ok , they had been scooped up by then

so I suppose at least I shows a softer side

oh and I was in the Ranch while waiting for the bus last night, the robbo count was 3, the average Robbo count!

Blutes, I heard a few weeks ago to young lads tried to harass barrys uncle Ian on his way home from the Ranch, he gave them a mother and father of a hiding, and indeed such a doing , after he arrived at his house he went back to check the boys were ok , they had been scooped up by then

oh and I was in the Ranch while waiting for the bus last night, the robbo count was 3, the average Robbo count!

Who gives a fuck. As for the game.....

• Upvote 1

Think McInnes may have to sign a CM as cover I said to a mate in pre season we looked a bit thin in their if we got injuries & the curse of AFC struck again, first Clark (no great loss) then Robson now Flood & Hayes leaves the middle too light & inexperienced, get someone in even if it's till Jan an older player with a bit o bite aboot them.

Holy shite, that was grim viewing last night.

We just can't break ultra defensive teams down. If we don't score against a side like that in the first ten minutes then we're out of ideas for the whole game.

Absolutely shit myself when it went to pens. Was convinced it was East Fife all over again.

However, what a save from Jamie and all of our penalties were of superb quality.

Thought we were out.

Delighted we're not.

However my optimism regarding the rest of the season is fading.

small town big man eh.

quality.

mental enough to rule the roost in a sleepy commuter town; but probably never ventures into the bright lights of the big smoke

We're through and I think right now that's all that matters.

This is a team, in fact a club that has had low self confidence and suffered stage fright in cup competition for years - thats not going to disappear overnight IMO.

Its only going to be resolved by winning these sorts of games and even doing it by penalties is something to start with.

And while I think we should really be beating Alloa in normal time I don't think they are a bad little team.

As for the starting 11, I still think McInnes needs to get a goalkeeper and a goalscorer in the team. Until that happens our midfield will keep teeing up chances for forwards to spoon over the bar or weakly pass towards the opposition keeper.

• Upvote 1

Think McInnes may have to sign a CM as cover I said to a mate in pre season we looked a bit thin in their if we got injuries & the curse of AFC struck again, first Clark (no great loss) then Robson now Flood & Hayes leaves the middle too light & inexperienced, get someone in even if it's till Jan an older player with a bit o bite aboot them.

Agree. Pawlett went into the middle when we made the double substitution and he didn't look too great there at all. Must be a free transfer available we could get for a couple of months...

Can't think of any. Please not the return of a central midfield Vernon!!!

Agree. Pawlett went into the middle when we made the double substitution and he didn't look too great there at all. Must be a free transfer available we could get for a couple of months...

Can't think of any. Please not the return of a central midfield Vernon!!!

I can't think of any either none we could afford, maybe a loan from EPL/Championship till Jan, if the parent club pays majority of the players wages.

for me last night to much square balls, are they trained to do that I don't know about you but when it's extra time against a lower league club, it's lump in the balls to the box . ok not pretty but often effective, it was a display lacking urgency and looked very lacklustre.

Don't forget that McInnes played a lot of football with none other than "the crab" shell suit Barry

for me last night to much square balls, are they trained to do that I don't know about you but when it's extra time against a lower league club, it's lump in the balls to the box . ok not pretty but often effective, it was a display lacking urgency and looked very lacklustre.

Straight out of the Tup coaching manual

• Site Sponsor

Phew!!

Pawlett was man of the match on the basis of his first half performance.

Not going to comment on the new players until they have had a bit of time to settle. We need to give them a chance.

I think Nicky Low and Cammy Smith should get their boots ready, we are going to need them. Why was Vernon on the bench? After Saturday he should have been nowhere near the squad.

ah classic

so, he gets moaned at when he just stands there and moaned at when he tries put taker off?

CLASSIC moronic aberdeen fans

He was just putting himself off mate,

Once he stopped pricking about and concentrated he pulled of what i can only describe as a world class save.

dicking about?

you DO realise that thats what keepers do....they put folk off?

it was actually interesting reading that rangers forum page about us, theyre right some of the time...

why the ... on the end? you looking for yet another reaction? do you never tire of trying to be controversial and attention seeking all the time?

Hartley knew how to set up his team against us so I never assumed it was going to be an ‘easy’ tie. I think it’s a mental thing with us when we’re drawn at home against a lower league side. We’re expected to win and win comfortably, but if things don’t start well we start to panic and revert to making sure we don’t lose rather than pushing for the win. When the crowd’s as sparse as it was, I’m sure the players are more aware of the comments being thrown at them. I suspect many of our players are a bit delicate when the home fans get hostile. They should be big enough to deal with it though.

We’re through though, doesn’t really matter how we make it into the hat so long as we’re in it. Obviously we’d have liked to have take a few more positives from it. Losing Flood and Hayes is a blow but it’s a chance for the likes of Wylde, Low, Masson to play their way into the starting 11. I definitely think we need to introduce Shankland into the mix however. Can’t keep persisting with Zola and Vernon if they offer nothing for us (although maybe Vernon will take confidence from his pen and turn a corner).