Shankland

Never said I thought he was any good, barassie - that doesn't mean he won't get a contract though. If I had to pick one of Zola, Vernon or Magennis - I think I'd pick Josh because he is likely the cheapest. All are ineffective at the moment. Was just a season ago Vernon played away to St Johnstone - got two disallowed goals - looked sharp as a tack. What has happened since then?

Never said I thought he was any good, barassie - that doesn't mean he won't get a contract though. If I had to pick one of Zola, Vernon or Magennis - I think I'd pick Josh because he is likely the cheapest. All are ineffective at the moment. Was just a season ago Vernon played away to St Johnstone - got two disallowed goals - looked sharp as a tack. What has happened since then?

Vernon was fkn superb that day. He was robbed & that could/should have been a real turning point for him but he didn't kick on.

Zola, Vernon and Josh will all be quite rightly let go in the summer. Shankland to the bench and sign another good striker to play with/ challenge Rooney. A new left back , keep Logan , Sign Hector and hopefully a pacey winger and we can look forward to a very very exciting season !

Managed to catch the Dunfermline vs The Rangers match a month ago on TV and he looked lively, strong and caused some problems, plus the highlights I've seen him playing for Dunfermline during his loan spell.

Would send him out on loan, preferable to Dunfermline again as he will know their set up and players which will only help benefit him next season. If Dunfermline were to be promoted this season (I believe there are playoffs they could be involved in this season) then they'd be playing against better players which can only help aid his development.

Thompson would be a fantastic signing for us if we are playing in Europe next season.

Great suggestion.

Be as sarcastic as you like but the fact that we will be in Europe only strengthens the need for your Thompson type signings as added extra back up for the extra games we play.

You are trying to make it sound like I'm suggesting him as a first team regular over Rooney or something.

Shankland scored more goals in scottish football than a hell of a lot of aberdeen players down the years. Deserves his spot in the 18 in August

Exactly & this talk of sending him out on loan again is nonsense (imo) because he's already had a season & a half effectively in the lower leagues.

He's earned a first team squad place in August. Fair enough if he hasn't taken that chance well enough then he can be sent out on loan again then in Jan but why just loan him out without giving him his shot?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...