Aberdeen V Hearts (1 - 3)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freak result, just shite or poor ref?

Freak results don't occur twice against the same (deservedly bottom) team.

While there has been much to admire about this season's turnaround, our appalling inconsistency against the lower-placed sides is alarming (2 losses to the Diet Huns, loss to Teuchter County and a late equaliser against St. Moron).

Seems today we were up against a Hearts side making every attempt to intimidate us and the most incompetent referee in the SPFL. None the less we McGinn should have had us 2-0 up in the first half.

Bitterly disappointing as I doubt Hearts would have score had we had 11 men. todays results all going against us makes it even worse.

I was under the impression this Hearts mob was a bunch of 18 and 19 year old loons.

Surely Aberdeen wouldn't be intimidated by a bunch of kids?

Hamill kicking everything that moved. Should have been off midway through the first half. add to that a referee like Brines, who is woefully incompetent

We had 3 stonewall penalties turned down before the one that was awarded. Tackles that would have resulted in Hearts players being sent off.

Credit to Hearts for taking advantage of Brines decision to send off Robson (1st yellow apparently an atrocious decision) but can't help but feel we have been conned by the officials today.

I was under the impression this Hearts mob was a bunch of 18 and 19 year old loons.

Surely Aberdeen wouldn't be intimidated by a bunch of kids?

Exactly.

Today exposes our contuing frailties, imo. Between the narrow penalties victory over Alloa, two defeats to mini-huns, defeat to Ross County and a late equaliser against a poor St. Mirren side, that's FIVE GAMES in which we have woefully underperformed, all of which we should be winning comfortably.

McInnes true potential will be measured in how he overcomes this terrible inconsistency and with us visiting Torbett Towers in our next league game, a barren winless run is a real risk.

Come on, Derek. Show us what you're made of!

Exactly.

Today exposes our contuing frailties, imo. Between the narrow penalties victory over Alloa, two defeats to mini-huns, defeat to Ross County and a late equaliser against a poor St. Mirren side, that's FIVE GAMES in which we have woefully underperformed, all of which we should be winning comfortably.

McInnes true potential will be measured in how he overcomes this terrible inconsistency and with us visiting Torbett Towers in our next league game, a barren winless run is a real risk.

Come on, Derek. Show us what you're made of!

Cant agree with this at all - we played the best that we were allowed to by a referee that was stupendously bad. If we were guilty of anything it was a failure to kill off the game in the first half and then a desire to win which left us to exposed

I have just heard the result and am really shocked. It just goes to show that with the Dons nothing can ever be taken for granted. I haven't read any of the match reports yet, but I feel quite deflated, as I expected a comfortable win on the recent evidence.

What is it with the Dons and their underachieving inconsistency. At least McInnes has seen it for himself now.

Cant agree with this at all - we played the best that we were allowed to by a referee that was stupendously bad. If we were guilty of anything it was a failure to kill off the game in the first half and then a desire to win which left us to exposed

What part don't you agree with, Bamber?

If we have aspirations of winning a trophy AND/OR finishing 2nd in the league, then inconsistencies like the 5 games mentioned above, are unacceptable. Our results this seasons have been reminiscent of Calderwood's era (if the shoot-out against Alloa had gone the other way... hmmm) and highlight just how much work there is still to be done.

To be fair to the manager in his pre match interview he pinpoints consistency as the thing they have to work on so he does know the problem lies there

He does and I think his honesty has been admirable. However, it is how he addresses this shocking inconsistency that will make or break his tenure at AFC.

WTF was Langfield thinking...he can't win a ball in the air in his own penalty box when he can use his hands...the chances of him rising above everyone and powering home a header to earn a draw were zero...all he did was make it easy for Hearts to add a third...what a fucking clown he is.

On Monday against Partick we were ruthless and converted our chances. We had the opportunity to go 2-0 up and had we done so, I doubt we would have lost the game. This doesn't detract from the fact that Brines and his assistants were woefully inadequate and contributed heavily to our loss today.

Lets not be too negative. We are a million times better than last season. We still have work to do to be where we all want us to be.

Jocky

Basically all of it. To say we were inconsistent would suggest that we didn't reach standards - we did. Effort and application was all there

One goal was poor from hector who got himself on the wrong foot, the other when we tried too hard

You do have to look at brines who made 3 key decisions in this game wrong.

Hammil taking out Hayes should have been a yellow and off

Robson first yellow was exceptionally lightly given and then the second extremely inconsistent given hammil

Zola goal bound shot stopped by an arm which should have been a pen and off

Any one of those a different way and it's a very different game - our performance was much better than other games..... Brines had a very very big influence on this result not the players

Maybe he was incompetent, but blaming the referee is not the real answer. This shocking inconsistency has to be down to something more deep rooted and fundamental.

Does the environment at Pittodrie breed an endemic unjustified complacency. There must be something, because it's been happening, (apart from under Ferguson) for as long as I can remember.

Stoney, don't want to make it a "you weren't there" type of discussion but brines completely influenced the result.in this game. Players couldn't have done very much more to be honest against a level of incompetence not seen for many a year..

Brines is one of our most senior refs ask yourself why he doesn't get the big games because he shouldn't be Nywhere near a football field

Clowns not at the game need not comment.Same old pish who don't attend piping up with their negative, draining opinions. Dons were excellent today and absolutely battered hearts with 11 and 10 men. As Bamber has said, the ref was a joke and a combination of poor finishing and Hearts generally being lucky on the day has resulted in the 3-1 score. I walked away a proud dandy on that performance with 10 men. 99 times out a 100 that level of performance beats Hearts. Ryan Jack deserves special praise.

Hearts obviously have some sort of gypsy curse on us. Only logical explanation.

2 moments of individual pish cost us that game, McGinn's penalty would have secured the points, and then Robson totally sold the jerseys with an absurd second booking for a completely unnecessary foul. We still played well and heads shouldn't go down too much. Chin up, folks.