Aberdeen V Hearts (1 - 3)

It is obvious that Brines bottled the decision for the penalty. McGowan used his arm to prevent a goal and should have been sent off. He gave the McGhee handball as it was the easier decision to make. TV replays have shown how much of a prat he is as it hit McGhee on the back. I simply hate talking about a referee, but the facts are that without Brines, Hearts would not have collected any points from yesterdays game.

We have been talking for years about his baffling decisions and his inability to keep control of games. All teams fall foul of Brines from time to time and it is about time he was put out to pasture.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is obvious that Brines bottled the decision for the penalty. McGowan used his arm to prevent a goal and should have been sent off. He gave the McGhee handball as it was the easier decision to make. TV replays have shown how much of a prat he is as it hit McGhee on the back. I

This is the thing Brines will justify it no doubt that "he gave a pen anyway" but he took the cowards way out - knew he f**ked up and gave a simpler penalty on realising he had messed up big time.

giving a soft penalty doesn't make the other one right and isn't "swings and roundabout" - the problem is player and coaches are to scared of getting a ban to say anything and it is stifling debate. Scottish football cannot move one with incompetence in the officials but it is a discussion that clubs are not allowed to have thanks to Footballing authorities from FIFA down to the SFA.

Ok give the referee some protection but surely to god there is someway of removing referees who are promoted beyond their level as Brines has been. This "do not criticise" referees has gone too far and a referee is seen as untouchable - SFA and FIFA should start making referee report cards available after matches.

Read an excellent book once - was a auto biography about a kid growing up in a mid west mining town - and anyway his fathers view on leadership advice was

"Never be afraid to tell a man he has made a mistake - if you never tell him how bad he is how can he ever become good".

Footballing authorities are afraid to tell a referee told he is bad

From what I have read his performance was abysmal. But whether he was totally responsible for our defeat is debatable. Blaming referees is a neurotic cop-out. We blame Lennon often enough for it, so why sink to their level.

Is anyone saying its just the refs fault? He played a major part but mcginn should have buried his pen. Robson didn't need to take that player down.

From what I have read his performance was abysmal. But whether he was totally responsible for our defeat is debatable. Blaming referees is a neurotic cop-out. We blame Lennon often enough for it, so why sink to their level.

I don't think we can blame Brines for defeat yesterday. We have ourselves to blame in that regard. We can however blame Brines for how he had altered the match in a manner which prevented us from being in a more comfortable position: no pen/red card for the handball on the line, allowing Hamill to remain on the park.

The incident that lost us the game was Robson's sending off. That was all his own fault. Whether his first yellow was a caution or not doesn't matter. He knew he had a yellow to his name, he could see we had enough cover back to prevent Holt making any dangerous progress as he led the Hearts break away, and he's old enough to know not to make such a ludicrous challenge like that.

Had Brines been doing his job properly in the first place, we'd have never been in a position where we would have found ourselves a man down with over half an hour remaining. We'd have been much more comfortable. That doesn't take away from the fact that the game was lost thanks to Barry Robson.

I don't think we can blame Brines for defeat yesterday. We have ourselves to blame in that regard. We can however blame Brines for how he had altered the match in a manner which prevented us from being in a more comfortable position: no pen/red card for the handball on the line, allowing Hamill to remain on the park.

The incident that lost us the game was Robson's sending off. That was all his own fault. Whether his first yellow was a caution or not doesn't matter. He knew he had a yellow to his name, he could see we had enough cover back to prevent Holt making any dangerous progress as he led the Hearts break away, and he's old enough to know not to make such a ludicrous challenge like that.

Had Brines been doing his job properly in the first place, we'd have never been in a position where we would have found ourselves a man down with over half an hour remaining. We'd have been much more comfortable. That doesn't take away from the fact that the game was lost thanks to Barry Robson.

Bingo. Best post on yesterday's game I've read so far.

Watching the SPFL highlights on Youtube. They don't show any of the hacks from Hamill so can't comment on that.

But Robson should never have been booked for the first one. The second one... he is a fucking tube.

The penalty was poor.

The missed penalty and sure-fire redcard by Brines criminal. The one he gave us equally so.

Hector screwed up for the second goal, Langfield got caught in no man's land for the first.

BUT we looked to be playing some great stuff. Hard to take given it's the bloody diet huns again but there you have it.

To put it more simply, the game was lost because McGinn missed a pen, Robson got sent off

and the ref was pish.

A good succinct summary.

Incidentally, when Shaughnessy got sent off, McInnes made some joke about it and and said he would have to take them all out to lunch as a form of penance. Has he made any comments about Robson yet, or is he absolved from any consequences like that?

WTF is Rob McLean on? Said Hamill's tackle on Pawlett was 'well timed' when a blind man could see he clipped the back of his standing leg. And then said it hit the boy on the line's head. These highlights are edited after the game, so it's not like he was commentating on it live. Bloody eejit, hun lovin sheep rustler.

WTF is Rob McLean on? Said Hamill's tackle on Pawlett was 'well timed' when a blind man could see he clipped the back of his standing leg. And then said it hit the boy on the line's head. These highlights are edited after the game, so it's not like he was commentating on it live. Bloody eejit, hun lovin sheep rustler.

Pawlett kicked the back of Hamills leg then threw himself to the ground. Never a pen in a million years. I may be in the minority here but I think the second booking for Robson is a disgrace. A foul, yes. But a foul worthy of a yellow card? Not a fucking chance.

Pawlett kicked the back of Hamills leg then threw himself to the ground. Never a pen in a million years. I may be in the minority here but I think the second booking for Robson is a disgrace. A foul, yes. But a foul worthy of a yellow card? Not a fucking chance.

Having now seen it on the TV I agree with this, never a 2nd yellow.

I don't think I've ever seen a player get booked for being 1.5 yards closer to the free kick than allowed. Surely just a retake... Do they usually get booked too?

It's clear we were the better team yesterday so just have to continue the way we are going

First one is a clear booking. No arguments.

Second was stupidity by Robson. Yes he didn't really deliberately take him out but he connected & Brines was just itching for an excuse, which made Robson all the more stupid.

Robson should have pulled up. We were covered either side of him.

Brines booked Flood when he didn't deserve it.

He must have been delighted when Robson made it so easy to give him his first yellow also but to then give him the chance of a second yellow. Fuck me he must have thought Robson was in on the bribe

Not long watched the lowlights on Sportscene.

From what was seen on the reel we had plenty of possession and shots, and of we'd converted the penalty ( never a pen by the way) then we're home and dry.

Robson's 2nd yellow is never a yellow.

A free kick yes and a ticking off but never a yellow. But that being said he shouldn't have made the challenge anyway. Unnecessary.

Michael Hector at the 2nd goal was woeful. Really inept.

Earned his place after a good enough game against Partick. Has earned Joe his recall with his play for the 2nd goal.

We've a break to regroup now, and then a tough game down at Celtic, and its all the harder with the absence of both Flood and Robson.

Disappointing day for the dons, but there's still promising signs.