Cricket

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's the vessel giving the light not the moon.

As for your last bit, surely God will just say "Let there be light" again. Problem solved.

I think I would argue that relected light is indeed being given off by the moon. It is the moon's surface that is causing the reflection and therefore giving off the light. If you had a lamp in a room and positioned a mirror next to it, there would all of a sudden be twice the amount of light in the room (minus the mirror's absorbtion level - negligible but still measureable). Take the mirror away and the light in the room halves (almost). It could then be argued that the mirror was giving off the light. Similarly, the moon is giving off light, albeit not the source of the initial energy. Apologies for bringing up an almost 11 month old post, but it's been bothering me.

Tough on Sean Abbott too. As Roberto says, it'll be difficult for him to play again. You couldn't imagine him ever bowling a bouncer again and that removes an integral part of his game. Bouncers are part of the game, whatever anyone says their aim is to unsettle the batsmen and the bowler is aiming for the head for maximum effect. Obviously you don't expect to kill someone.

A few of my friends played cricket growing, one of them was apparently a very accomplished player. He gave up playing because he reckoned that as he got older and the bowlers became faster, it became a pretty terrifying prospect and batting stopping becoming enjoyable.

I think I would argue that relected light is indeed being given off by the moon. It is the moon's surface that is causing the reflection and therefore giving off the light. If you had a lamp in a room and positioned a mirror next to it, there would all of a sudden be twice the amount of light in the room (minus the mirror's absorbtion level - negligible but still measureable). Take the mirror away and the light in the room halves (almost). It could then be argued that the mirror was giving off the light. Similarly, the moon is giving off light, albeit not the source of the initial energy. Apologies for bringing up an almost 11 month old post, but it's been bothering me.

You can apologise again for being wrong.

You don't get more light from a mirror.

Yes you do you stupid cunt.

When you stand in front of a mirror, what you see is the conservation of energy in action, working its magic on light. Light is energy traveling at high speed (300,000 km or 186,000 miles per second) and, when it hits an object, all that energy has to go somewhere. There are three things that can happen when light hits something: it can pass through (if the object is transparent), sink in and disappear (if the object is opaque and darkly colored), or it can reflect back again (if the object is shiny, light-colored, and reflective). Either way, the conservation of energy is at work: there is just as much energy around before light hits something as afterward, though some of the light may be converted into other forms.

When you stand in front of a mirror, what you see is the conservation of energy in action, working its magic on light. Light is energy traveling at high speed (300,000 km or 186,000 miles per second) and, when it hits an object, all that energy has to go somewhere. There are three things that can happen when light hits something: it can pass through (if the object is transparent), sink in and disappear (if the object is opaque and darkly colored), or it can reflect back again (if the object is shiny, light-colored, and reflective). Either way, the conservation of energy is at work: there is just as much energy around before light hits something as afterward, though some of the light may be converted into other forms.

Bouncers are part of the game, whatever anyone says their aim is to unsettle the batsmen and the bowler is aiming for the head for maximum effect. Obviously you don't expect to kill someone..

"Obviously you don't expect to kill someone"..."by aiming at the batsman's head"...aye ok chief

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...