Cricket

Stokes is terrible in limited overs cricket. Does nothing with the bat or ball. He's good in the test side because he can change a game for them but limited overs? Nah.

haha! What did he do in the semi final!? You've just said he can't change a game in limited overs... but that's exactly what he did with his 3-fer! In the previous game!! The first few batsmen shad NZ going along nicely, before Stokes cleaned up the next few wickets (and also a run-out to boot!) and shut down the momentum. He was the game changer!

They were 4-138 when he got started, then three quick wickets from stokes and suddently they're 7-150 and struggling! ... then he runs out McClenaghan for 8-153.

One of the most ridiculous comments I've read on AFC Chat!!!

haha! What did he do in the semi final!? You've just said he can't change a game in limited overs... but that's exactly what he did with his 3-fer! In the previous game!! The first few batsmen shad NZ going along nicely, before Stokes cleaned up the next few wickets (and also a run-out to boot!) and shut down the momentum. He was the game changer!

They were 4-138 when he got started, then three quick wickets from stokes and suddently they're 7-150 and struggling! ... then he runs out McClenaghan for 8-153.

One of the most ridiculous comments I've read on AFC Chat!!!

His only ever good game with the ball in t20. 17 matches has 8 wickets going at 10 an over with a strike rate of 30. Batting wise 14 innings average of 14 strike rate 149 high score of 31. Awful stats. Should not be in the England t20 side.

• 1 month later...

England v Sri Lanka - 1st Test at Headingley about to get underway.

The visitors won the toss and will bowl.

Line-ups
England: Alastair Cook (capt), Alex Hales, Nick Compton, Joe Root, James Vince, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Steven Finn.

Sri Lanka: Dimuth Karunaratne, Kaushal Silva, Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal (wk), Angelo Mathews (capt), Lahiru Thirimanne, Dasun Shanaka, Rangana Herath, Dushmantha Chameera, Shaminda Eranga, Nuwan Pradeep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good to see them getting stuffed right, the most cocky bunch of sportsmen you're likely to meet

Probably the least cockiest England side i've known, and i've seen some far far poorer sides.

Stokes is a bit of a prick at times and Broad has had his moments over the years.

Joey Root can have a go, but i think the opposition target him.

Can't think of anyone else who maybe "cocky".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great to see Piers Morgan have an online break down, 2 x 35 year olds win the match for India (Dhoni + Singh) while his 35 year old mate Kevin Pietersen continues to get excluded by England.

Pietersen earning a few bucks in Oz BBL. Comes across as a decent character. Don't think he's too fussed about not playing for his adopted country.

• 2 weeks later...