Inverness V Aberdeen (3 - 4)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second half was as bad as the first half was good. Some of the play after a dodgy first 15 minutes was a joy to watch. 4-0 at half-time was deserved. However, we did exactly what we had to avoid in gifting them a goal early on. That gave them the belief they wanted to go all out - it was the only thing they could do. If it had gone to five at any stage it was over but that's football.

Relieved in the end to get the points and we continue to march on!

:scarf:

Guys get a grip. We just beat the 2nd placed team to go joint 2nd scoring 4 away from home. We also had our chances in the 2nd half too. Half an hour was all we needed and we destroyed them in that period. Someone actually slated Vernon's performance. Mcginn also got slated. Couple of stray passes and he's condemned by some instead of congratulating him on his excellent goal. Everyone's entitled to a opinion but some are just plain wrong(re Vernon). Leave the perfectionism for McInnes to focus on and try and enjoy the relative success that the dons are having this season.

I know it's a ridiculous comparison but I wonder how many times Roberto Carlos got slated for costing Real Madrid goals when they were winning and he was bombing up the left wing leaving gaping holes at the back. Langfield has flaws but he's made countless saves at important points in various matches. And as long as we're winning it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Unless you inspire to winning dull cagey games by a goal to nil.Also there were some gutsy performances today(picture Anderson's flying defensive header that also had the added bonus of taking out one of their best players) and a lesser team wouldn't have had the means to put four past caley.

Not sure what folk are expecting Clangers to do for the second. I don't blame him. Our defence left him exposed.

Only the first goal is he at fault for.

Being slow and fat he shouldn't have run out - it is perhaps what keepers should do as a last resort but not him. I honestly believe if that scenario was played over a hundred times he wouldn't have saved the ball once.

I was more concerned about his ability (lack of) to command his own box - they looked like scoring from every corner.

Jack and Shaughnessy were just as bad. Some terrible performances.

As McInnes said in the post match interview, if you'd have offered me a 4-3 win at the start of the match I'd have bitten your hand off for it. But fuck me, they made hard work off it

Langfield may have only been directly at fault for the first goal, but once that went in in the manner that it did, even though the scoreline was 4-1 us and I was 100 miles away sitting watching it on the telly, I lost every confidence in him and nerves kicked in, so I can imagine the 10 men in front of him felt even worse. Dreadful keeping for that 1st goal and cost us our composure

I hope I don't sound sensationalist by saying that had Caley equalised that would have been the most embarrassing result since going out of the cup to East Fife!

My worries are for the defence now. Considine out for 4-6 weeks they were saying and we missed him tonight. And possibly a long spell without Reynolds too. Hector being recalled I can probably live with, he was guilty again last night of letting his man get past/round him. I'd hope they can source another replacement in the window though

If that's all a bit doom and gloom, I am chuffed with 3 points against the team second in the lead, absolutely I am. It's just after hearing over the last 3 years that we'd had a lot of positives to take from losses/draws, in this instance there were a lot of negatives to take from the win that need to be addressed

Watching caley playing yesterday bar our 30min blitz I found them to be a very good footballing team. Out of their 11 players I think I only knew 2 or 3 off top of my head but they are a very good team for being on a string budget and a supposed team of nobody's compared to likes of ourselves and United etc. Although dissapointed to nearly lose the game because of the position we were in at ht, it's still a very good result and thatsvwhat we should be celebrating

to me entire defence at times was all at sea. midfield and defence were a shambles defensively shaunnesy had an absolute awful game to be fair it wasn't that he was torn apart its just he was to restrained and frankly terrible in the tackle, with the ball and his positioning.

second half was like the first 15 - we didn't get control at all in the middle of the park. considering our a team is meant to be jack flood and robson, they didn't impose at all on the middle of the park, we never got control of the ball or the play at all.

putting jack at LB was a strange one, as soon as reynolds was hurt i expected hayes to lb, but no he went RW? so with Jack at LB and shaunnessy at RB we were always going to be in deep trouble the longer the game went on

What a horrendous second half.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy/chuffed with a win, but at half time it looked liked we'd be laying down a real marker to the rest of the league.

Langfields instant arse collapse obviously put an end to any hopes of that. :clangers2:

His jitters inspired ICT, and as they spread through the team, almost cost us the win. Unbelievably frustrating.

Suspected broken jaw for Reynolds from Northsound.

He'll be out for 2 months then.

Think he jinxed himself in his interview a few days back going on about his 100% appearance record, not having missed a minute of any game this season... :suicide:

I'd expect him to try and do something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. Not just go for a walk with McKay like a wee puppy dog.

Excellent three points yesterday - a defeat would've seen them 6 ahead of us with the further game in hand so it was the proverbial 6-pointer and it's a good mark of how far we've come to see us winning these games. Beating a good top 4 team away from home is good in anyone's book. Yes the arses may have collapsed second half but give credit to Inverness - they'll have had a rocket at half-time. Make no mistake, they're a decent team. Again, it's a good thing that we're discussing a negative aspect in that it highlights a weakness that our coaching staff will need to strengthen, and given how well said coaching staff have done with this team so far, I have faith that they will deal with it accordingly. It's quite an exciting battle for second place right now with 1 point separating the 4 teams, it'll be interesting to see if and when any one of us pulls away and perhaps take some points off Celtic; the fact we'll take points off each other over the next few weeks might make it difficult for any one of the sides to challenge Celtic but it's something we should aspire to.

A soft penalty was the only difference in the game! Dont forget Caley still have a game in hand so we are not truly second placed at the moment. The way we were holding on for grim death at the end was poor , also remember we were saved by the woodwork THREE times, Im not convinced this team is going anywhere under Mcinness xx

A soft penalty was the only difference in the game! Dont forget Caley still have a game in hand so we are not truly second placed at the moment. The way we were holding on for grim death at the end was poor , also remember we were saved by the woodwork THREE times, Im not convinced this team is going anywhere under Mcinness xx

You must be one of Tup's relatives. Maybe even share the same genes.

Not sure what folk are expecting Clangers to do for the second. I don't blame him. Our defence left him exposed.

Only the first goal is he at fault for.

Yes he was at fault for the first and yes the defending was shocking for the second but you don't know what Clangers had to do. It's pretty simple actually. A competent keeper has anticipation, a good set of reactions and moves with good speed of thought. If you look at the second goal again, particularly at Langfud when he was one on one, it was like he wasn't even there.

His sense of anticipation was non-existent, as it always has been.

Reaction time was worse than lethargic, as it always has been.

The pace that he moved at was incredibly slow, as it always has been his whole career.

Langfud is a terrible and incompetent keeper and always has been and always will be. The reason why he can't ever get to be an average keeper even is that he lacks almost all the basic requirements of the job. It was fucking tragic watching him stuck with his feet in porridge as the goal scorer breezed to the right and slotted it home.

Piss aff fool!