Inverness V Aberdeen (3 - 4)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that second half I counted two point blank efforts (at least) straight at Langfield, hit the post, penalty claim (if weak) turned down, countless scrambled clearances. Not counting the three goals, obviously.

We could have very easily lost that game after going in with a four goal advantage.

That second half display was as bad as I've seen.

Win's a win.

Don't think we performed particularly well, so happy with the three points.

First goal changed it and we were clinical for half an hour. The other hour pretty dreadful stuff.

Shaughnessy is never a footballer.

Langfield is never a goalkeeper.

Personally thought Vernon was poor. Didn't offer enough and didn't hold the ball up well enough. The way they were defending was crying out for a bit of pace up-front, we would have been better off having even Magennis running at them with his headless chicken routine after they scored their two.

Pawlett, Robson and Hector pass marks.

Looking forward to the Motherwell game, hopefully turn the half hour of good attacking into ninety minutes.

What a fucking relief.

Good three points ultimately but McInnes will need to address the big game arse collapse factor which is still lurking around largely due to the fuckwittery of our goalkeeper.

Defensive injuries/departures a concern too. Jack will need to go to RB for M'Well I'd imagine.

I thought we were naive second half with the amount of bodies we committed forward, especially after they got 1 back.

What a fucking relief.

Good three points ultimately but McInnes will need to address the big game arse collapse factor which is still lurking around largely due to the fuckwittery of our goalkeeper.

Defensive injuries/departures a concern too. Jack will need to go to RB for M'Well I'd imagine.

[/b]I thought we were naive second half with the amount of bodies we committed forward, especially after they got 1 back.[/b]

At one point three of our midfield went for the same ICT lad on the ball in the Caley third of the pitch.

He released it towards our goal, we have no midfield in a position to run back, and Caley break forwards with our defence outnumbered,

Hayes had a chance to run the clock down when he was belting up the wing, but rather than go to ground when he was clipped he stayed on his feet and kept going, giving up posession.

Second half was a litany of bad decisions and worse football. I think the first goal gave Caley an early boost, and the Aberdeen legs just went straight away.

I couldn't believe how much of the fight went out of us at 4-1.... just unbelievable. At a point in time we should have been toying with them we instead looked like a team of frightened children.

What the fuck is it with the psychology of Aberdeen teams?

Pawlett, Robson and Reynolds were great.

Rest of defence was awful, rest of midfield was awful, McGinn was ... ok, Vernon a non-entity.

I hope McInnes gave them a serve because that 2nd half was just unbelievably poor all round. We were lucky we hit that golden patch in the 1st or it would have been a doing.