Aberdeen V Dumbarton (1-0)

Flood for me, even when he's off the boil.

He scraps for any ball that comes within 20 feet of him, and constantly puts the opposition under pressure. He's the kind of player you fucking despise playing against, but you want to see on the teamsheet for your own mob.

Not to sound homo and queer, but he's my kind of player. Workrate of a Mexican roofer, good player with the ball at his feet, looks to make room for himself*, and doesn't hide.

Was delighted when he signed for us, still am.

* Classic example of a player not like Flood,.. McGinn passes ball to Dons shirt, Dons shirt looks to play ball back to McGinn, McGinn is still standing in the exact same spot as he was with zero movement and a man on him... completely out of the game in terms of building an attack. Worse than a man short.

Flood for me, even when he's off the boil.

He scraps for any ball that comes within 20 feet of him, and constantly puts the opposition under pressure. He's the kind of player you fucking despise playing against, but you want to see on the teamsheet for your own mob.

Not to sound homo and queer, but he's my kind of player. Workrate of a Mexican roofer, good player with the ball at his feet, looks to make room for himself*, and doesn't hide.

Was delighted when he signed for us, still am.

* Classic example of a player not like Flood,.. McGinn passes ball to Dons shirt, Dons shirt looks to play ball back to McGinn, McGinn is still standing in the exact same spot as he was with zero movement and a man on him... completely out of the game in terms of building an attack. Worse than a man short.

Agreed - special mention for McGinn today - finally dropped to bench and then comes on and thought would be bursting a gut to impress then strolled about then bottled out of 60/40 with their keeper when pretty much clean through.

Funnily enough i hoped he would play today and have perfect chance to get back in amongst goals and help get going again.

Agreed - special mention for McGinn today - finally dropped to bench and then comes on and thought would be bursting a gut to impress then strolled about then bottled out of 60/40 with their keeper when pretty much clean through.

Funnily enough i hoped he would play today and have perfect chance to get back in amongst goals and help get going again.

Was absolutely raging at that, was certain he could have nipped in ahead of the keeper but he just gave up.

Will have to see it again to see if he had no chance of that ball, but at the time it looked like a determined forward had every chance of getting at toe to the ball at the very least.

Was absolutely raging at that, was certain he could have nipped in ahead of the keeper but he just gave up.

Will have to see it again to see if he had no chance of that ball, but at the time it looked like a determined forward had every chance of getting at toe to the ball at the very least.

I thought it was just a yard ahead of him and certainly didn't get too bent out of shape that he never made it his.

He's certainly not the player he was last season, but perhaps there's other factors for that.... being played more on the wing, other players now hogging the limelight, 2nd season hangover etc.

He's still a very accomplished player, but nowhere near the level we know he can play at. Hoping he'll do much better next season.

I've been critical of Shay previously - yesterday though I thought he had a good game. Him and Robson were the two that looked most in the mood and like they wanted a place next week. Several under-par performances. Nae worried though, through to the semi. Saving a devastating show for next week.

Also that McGinn lad for Dumbarton seems to be a good wee player. Typical Aberdeen to tell him he's not good enough. He looked no worse than Logan and he has a fair bit of pace too.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/mcginn-could-have-been-a-top-don/?

Don't think Aberdeen told him he's not good enough.

The lad was being followed closely by the club and looked likely to sign then he got a really bad injury and the chance passed by. Thats all.

Now he's playing regular again I expect someone will take a look at him, hopefully us if he is good enough.

Don't think Aberdeen told him he's not good enough.

The lad was being followed closely by the club and looked likely to sign then he got a really bad injury and the chance passed by. Thats all.

Now he's playing regular again I expect someone will take a look at him, hopefully us if he is good enough.

Didn't realize that, although we do have arguably the best track record for telling players they won't make it, Maloney, McFadden, David Templeton, McGinn's brother at St Mirren etc.....

Would have to see more of the lad to see whether he is consistent enough but looked decent enough for Dumbarton against us yesterday.

We had quite a few near misses so it could have looked more convincing. Credit to Dumbarton they put a hell of a lot of effort in in the first half, pressing really well and not giving us time. We took control more in the second half.

Cup quarter final against a team a league lower, rarely are these games walkovers, teams always raise their game, it was their biggest game of the season remember!

Anyway, when's the draw?

Now, I love Ryan Jack, never thought he was any use to start with but he is a tidy player, very clever as well and will be a brilliant player in the future but right now his inclusion actually makes our starting 11 play poorly, it just doesn't work, as others have said it's him or Flood, now I'm nae a manager, I'm a cunt but it's Flood (Flood will tear you apart etc etc YAAS) everytime, now for the semi, if you want a solid defence, Jacks plays RB where I think he as a man and player has grown over the last couple of seasons and is very capable of doing a good job there, had he not got injured he would have played at RB in the semi, FACT!!!

Anyways, yesterday, it was similar to Alloa game, lots of the ball but nothing cutting edge, you get an early goal you go on to win 4 or 5 nil easily, we struggled, lots of players were poor, JUMMI fuck face cunt Langfield had a shocker but I'll happily allow him to do that, "Get it out your system lad, big game next week, batter on etc etc etc YAY" Consi, a CB playing LB 4/10 it'll go well the other games, nope, DODGY! Cammy Smith, very "MEH" one good piece of work followed by 4 bits of bad work, more chance of Stevie Wonder finding a guid cat than Cammy finding a red shirt but fuck it, he's young (nae Derek or Darren, thank fuck), he'll learn and become a better player for it.

One thing I will say is that once we scored, the confidence from our players just grew and we looked pretty good at time, could have won by a couple of clear goals but we never and I'm nae fussed.

Football isn't as simple as having the best 11 footballers on the pitch, it's about giving you the best balance and ensuring if someone isn't playing well you can still get a result.

For me Flood for that reason is at least 2X more important for Aberdeen. He gives us energy. Jack for all he is, a very competent fotoballer, bores me to tears. He doesn't add energy to our performances and if we're up against it next Sunday Flood is the man you want in there keeping us going. Jack playing another sideways pass or backwards pass isn't going to cut it.

Jack's has done well to score and hit the post in the last two games, if he only plays sideways or back. I think he's an excellent player and proved he's an important player for us in midfield last two games. I totally agree that the 3 of Robson, Flood and Jack shouldn't all play next week, but glad it's not my job deciding which to leave out!

Thought there was a bit of an overreaction from some regarding yesterday's performance.

Felt the first half was fairly even. Dumbarton started the second half really well and had us slightly rattled. Rooney's goal came slightly against the run of play. From that point until the Paul McGinn chance at the end, I thought the Dons were in total control. Anderson and Hayes headers very close to going in, Jack hitting the post - could there have been too much complaint if we'd found ourselves further ahead?

It's the type of performance from a lower league side that would have caught us cold at Pittodrie before. As McInnes mentioned earlier in the week, the team seem to be able to cope well being both underdogs and as the side expected to win.

Thought there was a bit of an overreaction from some regarding yesterday's performance.

Felt the first half was fairly even. Dumbarton started the second half really well and had us slightly rattled. Rooney's goal came slightly against the run of play. From that point until the Paul McGinn chance at the end, I thought the Dons were in total control. Anderson and Hayes headers very close to going in, Jack hitting the post - could there have been too much complaint if we'd found ourselves further ahead?

It's the type of performance from a lower league side that would have caught us cold at Pittodrie before. As McInnes mentioned earlier in the week, the team seem to be able to cope well being both underdogs and as the side expected to win.

The team does but someone needs to remind Clangers cos he's still desperate to gift other teams results against us but thankfully our defenders are onto his game & get back to cover him as much as they can.

The team does but someone needs to remind Clangers cos he's still desperate to gift other teams results against us but thankfully our defenders are onto his game & get back to cover him as much as they can.

I actually thought of you when he dropped the ball yesterday. Was already feeling sorry for the keys on your keyboard.

I actually thought of you when he dropped the ball yesterday. Was already feeling sorry for the keys on your keyboard.

Was that the only fuck up you witnessed from him that made you think of me?

The guy is a fucking useless cunt in goal. A complete joke that he's mugged us for a wage for a fucking DECADE!

• Upvote 2

Was that the only fuck up you witnessed from him that made you think of me?

The guy is a fucking useless cunt in goal. A complete joke that he's mugged us for a wage for a fucking DECADE!

Well, no, but it was the most obvious one.

I find it amusing that, in almost every rant about him, you almost explain your hatred for him completely.

It can't be good for your health to despise someone so much.