Aberdeen V Dumbarton (1-0)

They got the job done.

Need to tighten up the passing and defending for next week as a better team would have scored today.

Jack played well but Robbo, Flood and Jack in midfield is not as dynamic as having Pawlett Hayes McGinn behind Rooney. The combo has to play.

we do seem to have performed better in big games/against better teams especially on the road so im optimistic for Sunday .i can feel a good game changing mginn performance on Sunday and pee paw s rest will do him world of good .keep mckay quiet,pray clangers doesn't throw one and i think we,ll have too much pace/firepower for them .reckon the boys will be inspired by 40 k plus dandies cheering them on..cant wait.

I think Smith going on loan would be a great move for him. Potential first team football and a chance to really prove himself, I bit like the PeePaw loan. I feel he is going to have to really up his game if he's to have a future with Aberdeen, having said that he was one of the few positive notes against St Johnstone the other week. Didn't see him today so can't judge.

Our players were varying degrees of awful. I wouldn't describe any of their performances as 'best' but in terms of least dreadful.

We were played off the park for large parts of the game by a team of part-timers, and it was fortunate for us that part-time legs tire quicker than full-time.

I thought we looked vulnerable on the break, I thought we were desperate defensively at times, and it's lucky I didn't have a loaded gun when Clangers was called into action or I'd be out buying myself a new monitor right now.

This wasn't a professional dismissal of a mid-table First Division side, it was a scraped win that could very easily have gone the other way, and we didn;t appear to have any other gears to shift into if we had gone a goal down.

A professional performance would have been 1-0 with us comfortably in control, not the scramble-fest we watched where we were the team who looked part-time for great chunks of the match.

We got lucky today. A performance like that next week and there better be fucking heads rolling.

Our players were varying degrees of awful. I wouldn't describe any of their performances as 'best' but in terms of least dreadful.

We were played off the park for large parts of the game by a team of part-timers, and it was fortunate for us that part-time legs tire quicker than full-time.

I thought we looked vulnerable on the break, I thought we were desperate defensively at times, and it's lucky I didn't have a loaded gun when Clangers was called into action or I'd be out buying myself a new monitor right now.

This wasn't a professional dismissal of a mid-table First Division side, it was a scraped win that could very easily have gone the other way, and we didn;t appear to have any other gears to shift into if we had gone a goal down.

A professional performance would have been 1-0 with us comfortably in control, not the scramble-fest we watched where we were the team who looked part-time for great chunks of the match.

We got lucky today. A performance like that next week and there better be fucking heads rolling.

Can't argue with that kelt min.

Thought we played a bit better than last week. Got to give credit to Dumbarton who gave us a really good game.

We'll take the win thank you very much.

Can't really decide who I'd want in semi final - Albion Rovers is my first choice but between the other four I just dont know. On one hand i'd like to smash sevco but on the otherhand dont really want to give them the pleasure of playing us. It'll be what it'll be and we'll get on with it - still favourites for the cup

Just glad that game is out of the way now.

All that mattered was the result. Would have been nice to have been a little more convincing but the result was ultimately all that mattered.

MOTM was between either of Robson, or Flood today. Anderson had a couple of scary moments at start of second half but seemed to get through it & eventually got back to grips with it.

Rooney scored a perfect strikers header. Nobody was going to get that ball before him. It was his all the way.

We won despite Clangers best efforts to fuck it up. Wee tip Clangers :dc: when you come for a ball with the intention of taking it out of the danger area. Remember a take the fkn ball with you you fkn clown.

Just glad that game is out of the way now.

All that mattered was the result. Would have been nice to have been a little more convincing but the result was ultimately all that mattered.

MOTM was between either of Robson, or Flood today. Anderson had a couple of scary moments at start of second half but seemed to get through it & eventually got back to grips with it.

Rooney scored a perfect strikers header. Nobody was going to get that ball before him. It was his all the way.

We won despite Clangers best efforts to fuck it up. Wee tip Clangers :dc: when you come for a ball with the intention of taking it out of the danger area. Remember a take the fkn ball with you you fkn clown.

Robson and Flood MOTM.

Fucking hell min, did you watch the game??

Robson and Flood MOTM.

Fucking hell min, did you watch the game??

Yes I was there & Flood was everywhere today. Involved in every play in middle of the park & then some. Robson (whilst hell of a slow) was also getting about well & while his chances were pretty poor he done more than enough to merit some credit.

Reynolds didn't have much to do but then made no mistakes. Same with Considine.

Anderson (overall) had an ok game but he did have a couple of dodgey moments early in second half but recovered well enough.

Hayes was decent but his final balls in weren't his usual best & he didn't get enough support imo

Logan looked ok.

Smith was a lively wee fkr but wish more players would take on shots from around the box.

Jack was pretty solid.

Rooney could have had another but got the important one.

Clangers was fkn shite

Overall it was a pretty nervy/poor performance but considering the final next week I can forgive them that.

Flood & Robson our two best players imo with Flood shading it more for pure effort.

Don't let the narrow result take credit away from ALL the players performances.

We won & we done enough to deserve the win.

Dumbarton were not that bad a side.

Too many eyes on next week's game for me. I wouldn't use the word 'halfhearted', but there def wasn't 100% being put into that game by many. Only Robson, Hayes and Flood really looked like they were fully up for it.

Robson on the right - we saw how we struggled with that formation earlier in the season. Notable difference when Smith came off and Robson moved to centre to allow McGinn to fill his normal role.

Struggled with high ball game employed by Dumbarton. Fortunately not many SPFL teams play that way. Russell looked a bit suspect first half - very leggy. Bit more composed 2nd half.

Need to find the link up between midfield and striker, without always having to go through Hayes. They did this a bit more with Logan in the 2nd didn't they.... he had a very good game.

We should have really put it to bed 2nd half - but there just wasn't the drive. I didn't think we got out of 2nd gear the whole game to be honest. But as someone said, just as the crowd started to get a bit agitated, they seemed to move up another gear and score. Don't think the support were about to turn, but you could see our patience was running a bit low.

Langfield - one particular howler and dropped a cross..... being the eternal optimist, I'd like to think that's his clangers out of the way for the final. He's not been making many clangers so far this season, but today was one of the kinds we're used to seeing. Everything else from him was ok (apart from THROWING the ball out of play!!).

Really missed the drive of Pawlett today. Smith just isn't in the same ball park when he's on from the start (although ok as an impact player from bench).

10,200 today? Thought there was more - RDL, Main Stand and our sections of SS, looked quite full and Merkie was more than half full. Thought the crowd were a bit nervy today as well.

All said and done - into the next round, in a bit of an 'Alloa game' stylee. When the Dons, go up, to lift the Scottish Cup...... we'll have forgot all about the average display today.

Now the semi is safely in the hipper, time for the boys to fully concentrate on Sunday. I expect to see the team that turned up at Tynecastle - not the one from today.

I've been liking Jack since he has returned from injury. Seems to steady the ship and has been getting us through the last few games. I'd consider dropping Robson and bringing him on as a sub. Need Pawlett as he adds that attacking quality we lacked today. Vernon looked alright when he came on.