Aberdeen V Dumbarton (1-0)

- still only conceded one goal in both Cups but that stat would flattered to deceive based on today. (19th clean sheet this year.)

- Rooney took his only real chance. (Sign of a good striker.) Six goals in eight appearances for us now!

- Anderson MOTM (but it was Robson for me).

- Hayes a vital outlet for us again down the left. (Have to say I was impressed with the boy McGinn(?) at RB matching him for speed.)

- Logan might have played his best game for us today.

- no denying fitness showed the last quarter

- looking forward the return of PeePaw next week

- Happy Birthday to me! :cool:

(Enjoy the rest of the day Everyone!)

far far too many eyes on the cup next week - we didn't play badly but we didn't play well either. far too slack.

To say we scored at the right time was an understatement crowd was on the turn fed up with the lack of application and it would have transferred to the players even more and become a vicious circle. we could not have scored at a better time

Lucky Dumbarton are part-timers who couldn't match their first half performance, they seemed to get leggy after 60 minutes.

Thought they played well, but nae complaining that they came away with nothing. Thought Jack was awesome today, with Dumbarton playing two upfront he had heaps of time and space to enjoy himself.

The thing that caught my attention most though, was the amount of seagulls fleein aboot. Jesus christ, something needs done about that. It was like a fucking blitzkrieg of shite in section Y today, saw a few unlucky folk get peppered.

Oh aye, and hopefully Langfield was getting the errors out his system today... :clangers2:

First half was poor, second much better and could've won by more in the end. Dumbarton played well, showed why they're outperforming in the Championship.

Smith played well, thought he was a shout for motm before being subbed. Too many eyes on next week, need to up our game big time.

First half was poor, second much better and could've won by more in the end. Dumbarton played well, showed why they're outperforming in the Championship.

Smith played well, thought he was a shout for motm before being subbed. Too many eyes on next week, need to up our game big time.

Pretty much what I thought too. Much better second half and could have scored more but Dumbarton could have got a draw with that chance at end.

I am not sure what people were expecting - a 5-0 thumping??? Dumbarton are a good side. They had nothing too lose and were always going to make it difficult for Aberdeen. In years gone by Aberdeen would have lost this game. However this team did not let us down. Now lets turn our focus to the cup final.

Jeezuz min. Bar winning a couple of headers, which at 6" odd you would expect, he was fucking woeful.

Struggled with Colon Nish, get fucked min

I bow to your superior footballing knowledge Ollie...how did you think your boy Smith played today before he was hooked.

Jeezuz min. Bar winning a couple of headers, which at 6" odd you would expect, he was fucking woeful.

Struggled with Colon Nish, get fucked min

Exactly, didn't think he struggled against Nish, thought he more struggled against Kane. Think he's boy on loan from St Johnstone. Thought he looked arite.

A win`s a win and we can now look forward to d-day with the hun in their own squalid backyard. I am convinced that will be the draw and the thought of turning them over in Govan is something to relish.

More important matters first...and by the sound of things we will need to up our performance next Sunday by quite a bit.

Hopefully the sound of 40k Dandies will get the team over the finishing line.

COYR

I thought we were shit today, but there's a lot of contributing factors in that.

They did the bare minimum today, passing was woeful, scared to shoot, poor movement, shit goalkeeping. I could go on.

We got the win so everything is hunky dory.

Not

Sums it up. Shape was terrible and Rooney totally isolated up top on his own. But still a win.

Nae probs.

I presume you think Smith didn't play well then?

He's obviously got the talent , I'd like to see him stamp his authority a bit more...I'd be looking to loan him to someone like Dundee where he'd start every week...Hartley would be more likely to find out quicker if he has what it takes to grab the game by the scruff of the neck than we will with sporadic starts and appearances off the bench...this is obviously...IMHO.

He's obviously got the talent , I'd like to see him stamp his authority a bit more...I'd be looking to loan him to someone like Dundee where he'd start every week...Hartley would be more likely to find out quicker if he has what it takes to grab the game by the scruff of the neck than we will with sporadic starts and appearances off the bench...this is obviously...IMHO.

So how'd you think he played today though?

Was also glad Nish went off as thought he gave our defenders torrid time. Drew many fouls from Considine in first half in air and did Russell a couple of times for pace which is worrying.

Cammy Smith was awful first half and bit surprised wasn't hooked at break but much better in second half. Although same could be said for other two in centre mid.