Aberdeen V St Johnstone (1 - 2)

Langfield should be sacked immediately for laughing over his pathetic indecision to come and collect the ball. they score from the resulting corner and the rot begins to set, absolutely shocking.

We are a long way from being a good side.

Agreed...his flakey-ness has cost us the game...

Langfield should be sacked immediately for laughing over his pathetic indecision to come and collect the ball. they score from the resulting corner and the rot begins to set, absolutely shocking.

We are a long way from being a good side.

Did you think we were a good side before today like.

If you did you must be mintal

Progression was what it was about this season we are a work in progress a double was on it never happened we are a long way away from the shite we had to endure under McGhee and broon

Onwards and upwards

It hurts right now but you'll get over it

St J are a decent side god luck to them

Did you think we were a good side before today like.

If you did you must be mintal

Progression was what it was about this season we are a work in progress a double was on it never happened we are a long way away from the shite we had to endure under McGhee and broon

Onwards and upwards

It hurts right now but you'll get over it

St J are a decent side god luck to them

Agree. In some ways a cup double would have papered over some of the cracks and may have had us resting on our laurels. We're not a double winning team yet. We have a good first XI, but absolutely no depth outside of that. As a result, we pretty much have no plan B.

We need a new goalkeeper, a left back, a permanently signed up right back. Back up for midfield and big striker who can hold the ball up and allow McInnes the option of changing up our tactics when Rooney on his own isn't working.

If McInnes has as good summer as he did last year then we'll be very, very strong next season.

Derek's interview was reasonable, said the right things as usual and gave credit to St. Johnstone. At least he should now know the deficiencies to be addressed before next season. One thing today was that he had nothing up his sleeve, either in tactics or on the bench to counteract their determination. Once opposing teams suss out our game plan, we don't seem able to re-adapt. More flexibility needed.

We got what we deserved..

When you miss chances like we did today - Rooney, Pawlett, McGinn, Robson, then you are always likely to pay the price.

Who the fuck is Stevie May indeed...fair play to him. Both goals were top drawer.

As someone else has said, we have a cup already and are in the driving seat for 2nd place. It has been a much improved season under Derek and I feel confident that we can progress next season. Hopefully we will make some more decent signings in the summer.

Hope Saints can do the business against United.

I wonder if he might have been a shout on left wing ( in place of Hayes) with jack at Right back. Not really Logan's fault but jack robson and flood in the CM is one too many.

I wonder if he might have been a shout on left wing ( in place of Hayes) with jack at Right back. Not really Logan's fault but jack robson and flood in the CM is one too many.

Soon as I heard dodds call us a 4-3-2-1 I knew trouble lurked. Have to say one of the 2 looked badly off the pace hoorin' early too. And for once, it wasn't McGinn.

Just in - agree with a number of comments - the Saints wanted this one more than we did (and that is just wrong) - not enough players busting a gut thinking this might be their last chance - we were second too often - despite that we missed some chances we should have taken - and Ibrox is a shithole

We have no divine right to be better next year - we need to keep the pedal on the gas and work our socks off - we did not press as well as we have before. The league cup might be our only silverware for a while unless we have a better attitude through the squad.

Rubbish. In no way can Langfield be blamed for losing this game. Blame McInnes for his lack of variation and the strikers who missed at least 3 good chances, not Langfield.

As 360 pointed out

Clangers should have claimed the cross instead of forcing Logan to give away the corner.

This in turn led to an exchange of words between Logan (rightfully) and Langfield trying to laugh it off...St J see division in the ranks and get a boost from this...St J score from the corner...St J kick on and win...why are you defending Langfield?

• Upvote 1

TBF I'm not sure you could blame mcinnes for the lack of variation. Smith for pace? That's all I can think of. Otherwise you're putting low or Vernon into an already too crowded midfield.

By variation I meant in the style and shape of the team. I already said that the bench was weak.

Wright changed his formation at half time and we made no efforts to adapt accordingly. It gave them the upper hand and they held on to it as a result.

As 360 pointed out

This in turn led to an exchange of words between Logan (rightfully) and Langfield trying to laugh it off...St J see division in the ranks and get a boost from this...St J score from the corner...St J kick on and win...why are you defending Langfield?

Because it's plain stupid to blame him for losing the game. Get wise, man.

• Upvote 1

Disappointed, but the defeat can't overshadow a fantastic season.

I personally thought the first goal shouldn't have stood, ridiculous high boot on Logan. Overall can't really complain, we were beaten by the hungrier team, and whilst it's bitterly disappointing we can't really begrudge St Johnstone's the big moment and first ever Scottish Cup Final.

Hope they go on to win but have a feeling this is Uniteds year.

Painful one to lose, almost as painful as the bath of bleach i'll have to take to get the stench of snake mountain off of me.

On the positive side Mcginn had a really good game when hayes is back those three will be exciting.

Can't really blame Langfield - should've collected the cross but the corner should have been defended and we should scored more than one.

• Upvote 1

I look at it this way

we are nowhere near being a great team even before today and St Johnstone could end up having a better season than us which shows how things can change (well maybe not as we might finish second)

Some games we are good and some bad and we have to live with that for now, but if we had took our chances things might have been different but we did not

The mentality on here is to blame someone ie McInnes is great when we won the cup but crap now because he never changed the strikers around

McGinn is the greatest thing on earth then some wanted him to get to fuck when he was off form now he is great again

Saying Langfield was at fault for the goal because 2 moves before he did not collect the ball is like saying it was Andersons fault because he put a ball to the left instead of the right 10 minutes earlier

• Upvote 1

Close game, with the difference between the teams the quality of finishing. Stevie May had two chances and buried them both whilst we missed three clear-cut opportunities for a second goal. That apart, there was vey little in it. Mclean and May played well, both physically strong and ruthless whilst I think we should expect a little more from our forwards. Sometimes you need to be able to mix-it-up in football especially if the opposition are intent on doing so. Clearly we still have things to learn tactically and psychologically about overcoming that. We lost to Hearts and Partick this season under similar circumstances. We did not look gutsy enough when it mattered. But fair play, Mays goal was fit to win any game.

Far more to today's defeat than just a minor error from Langfield. Fundamentally down to McInnes not being able to give the team more flexibility. Let's face it, if we only have one game plan, it's not difficult to respond. All credit to Wright in recognising it and changing his team at half time. In defence of McInnes, his options are limited and not having Hayes is a big handicap. And it was fairly obvious that St. Johnstone were a lot more up for it than we were today.

Agree with your overall point, but how many times have we been left lamenting the section in bold?

How many times have we been left lamenting missing easy chances? Langfield made a mistake, the team had a chance to rectify it but couldn't clear the corner.

I look at it this way

we are nowhere near being a great team even before today and St Johnstone could end up having a better season than us which shows how things can change (well maybe not as we might finish second)

Some games we are good and some bad and we have to live with that for now, but if we had took our chances things might have been different but we did not

The mentality on here is to blame someone ie McInnes is great when we won the cup but crap now because he never changed the strikers around

McGinn is the greatest thing on earth then some wanted him to get to fuck when he was off form now he is great again

Saying Langfield was at fault for the goal because 2 moves before he did not collect the ball is like saying it was Andersons fault because he put a ball to the left instead of the right 10 minutes earlier

I look at it this way

we've had a great year, played some really good football won a cup and could potentially get second best season we've had in ages thinking last year watching aberdeen was about as entertaining as a colonoscopy. I'd rather be an aberdeen fan then a st johnstone fan right now.