Aberdeen V Motherwell (0 - 1)

It hurts but we are a much improved side

Next season we will have that ginger haired prick and his band of cheating minks

This season was all about improvement and I dont think anyone would have said at the start of the season we would have a cup and finish third after being the only team to beat celtic in the league and knock them out the scottish cup

Highs and lows people thats what the game is about

Correct, on the whole it's been a good year. No idea what happened after the cup win though... Calderwood-esque - papped out of the Scottish cup, then threw away 3rd. We'll find out what McInnes has in him this summer.

I don't suppose the club have any avenue of recourse. Even if there isn't, I hope they put in a formal official complaint. Even if it means we get warned for it because that was absolutely horrible with clear and actual results. It's not like a point here or there that might cost you... that's cost us a couple hundred grand and more uncertainty for Europe.

I hope Milne has the balls to direct the doers in the club to put in that complaint and wear the inevitable fine that'll follow. Unfortunately I reckon he's way too pragmatic for that.

I'm not fussed whether we put in an official complaint or not - to be honest I think we should let our grievances be known but it's not worth wasting our breath with the shower of wankers that run this game by putting in a complaint - we've been down that route and it didn't change things a jot.

Almost every team of officials that handle Scottish games are dreadful. There's no avenue for recourse, nor should there be. What there should be is a real hard fucking look at the standard of refereeing in Scotland. How that lino messed up that Pawlett call for example? It's an embarrassment. The referee fucked up big time for the goal but I'm almost certain he had McCall's words ringing in his ears when he was thinking whether to blow or not - and that shows them what they are, weak as piss cunts who pay far too much attention to media stories.

• Upvote 3

Has that decision cost us second place? No, results against Ross County and Hearts have, yet again langfield charging about like a mong, it was a foul, yes however Sutton had his eyes on the ball and the keeper shouldn't be charging that far out through so many players to try get the ball.

• Upvote 3

Correct, on the whole it's been a good year. No idea what happened after the cup win though... Calderwood-esque - papped out of the Scottish cup, then threw away 3rd. We'll find out what McInnes has in him this summer.

Yep. The next 2 months will hopefully see the rebuild continue so we don't do this last 2 months again, next season.

Has that decision cost us second place? No, results against Ross County and Hearts have, yet again langfield charging about like a mong, it was a foul, yes however Sutton had his eyes on the ball and the keeper shouldn't be charging that far out through so many players to try get the ball.

Langfield right to come for that - if not fouled he can catch or punch and take the pressure off his defenders.

I couldnt care less about the foul on the goalie the ball would never have even made the box if it had been taken in the right place

Mentioned this earlier. It was a constant tactic of theirs and the decisive free-kick was the worst of the bunch. The referee and linesmen all knew it'd been moved a significant amount from where the infringement was, the ref didn't do a fucking thing because he is weak. Same reason he didn't blow for a foul.

Lost a bit of money by finishing third but at least we are still in Europe and if we can get a big crowd

and win our first game then we should draw that money back

onwards and upwards as its still been a good season (maybe not compared to what we thought a few weeks back) but compared to

the last 20 odd years

anyway i would rather we played a Euro game than a friendly with some highland or bottom English league team

good point

& It should not affect who we are going to buy for next season.

We must(?) have planned on the level of quality needed to improve the team before now. Surely..

2nd or 3rd finish shouldn’t matter to the long term plan ( if there is one)

IMO we have thrown away too many opportunities since the league cup

We did well this season. Of that, there is no doubt. Does it hurt that 2nd was snatch from us? Yes. But look at where we are now. No longer are we the under achiever. We are closer to where we should be. I have loved this season, it makes me feel like those a few years older than i, probably felt with regularity. I fucking loved telling my aussie mates -"We're something, not just the story before Alex F.". Tonight was shit but this season has been great. We all know it. This was the season we relished in being Dons supporters. I cant wait for the next one...

Langfield right to come for that - if not fouled he can catch or punch and take the pressure off his defenders.

Crowded penalty area with ALL OF HIS TEAM in the box and looking to clear it, stays on line and let defenders deal with it also if you are going for that you've got to be 100% commited to it, you take out anything infront of you and you make sure you get that ball, he's bottled it in my opinion, most keepers that go for that get it and take the hit.

Our best chance of finishing second blown due to the ref. I won't get over this. I want to finish second so bad next year but fear both a motherwell and Dundee Utd will recruit well this summer. I really hope Boofon is wrong about Hamill. We need real quality.

Several things to note.

1.) Before the start of the game motherwell fans were devastated that this referee was chosen. I think he was in charge when we drew 2-2 at their place and Anderson "handled" the ball in?

2.) How lucky have Motherwell been since the top six split e.g. games against Celtic, Saint Johnstone and Inverness?

3.) I hope DM brings in some quality players in the summer as we need back up.

The decision has clearly cost us 2nd place. If he doesn't make that decision, we finish 2nd.

The results against County and Hearts, and many others, have also cost us 2nd place, mind. It's true to say we should have had it wrapped up well before today, and our failings obviously can't be solely blamed on that cunt of a ref. But everyone has a right to vent their hatred towards the officials today as they were a disgrace.

Not a fan of Langfield and think he was weak at the end when coming for it. However, weak or not it was a clear foul and how the ref missed it I'll never know. The offside against Pawlett was equally shocking but part of being Aberdeen is dealing with decisions like that in Scotland and we need to kill games off sooner so they don't matter.

Its a bummer for sure. Finishing beneath Motherwell is more than a little surreal...we've been the much better team in all games against them this season - much. if we don't finish above them (and the rest, save for Celtic) next year it'll be a head scratcher of the highest order for sure. But when you consider the first third of the season (minus very influential players...Flood, Robson, Rooney, Anderson), and a frustratingly flat last third, to finish on record points is testament to how fucking fantastic the football we were playing in the middle was. Close season will be as exciting as a mutha fucka with regards to new players coming in and playing in Europe. Still...fucking cunt of a last day.

Gutted. Motherwell "Mourinho'd" us today. Fucking lucky bastards.

We should have had 2nd sewn up before the last minute of the last game in any event. Even without their goal being legitimate they could easy have fluked a goal in another way.

Desperate to see the goal again to assess both Langfield and the refs contribution. Ref clearly lost his whistle as Reynolds near enough picked up the ball during the melee and there was no penalty.

Being thrown in as a seed for the 1st Round of the Europa League is not really that much of a disappointment.

It is a disappointment to lose out on circa £300k and our first top two finish in 20+ years. Feel more sorry for those running the club re the cash/profits which should have been 'in the bank'.

Heyho thanks for your efforts Vernon - see you around. End of the day the others barely deserve a mention :-(. Nae a bad pen Nicky.

We will need to recruit wisely this summer - hopefully exciting times ahead.