Aberdeen V Motherwell (0 - 1)

All the ball but never tested the keeper. Clangers still should have managed to punch the ball, it's nae like he got a GORE from rhyno, looked like a few players stopped after that too - play to the fucking whistle. And why didn't any of the players get in Lasleys face at the time about taking the ball about 10 yards closer

Not happy but we've shot ourselves in the foot

• Upvote 2

Ref and his cronies fucked us today, that and our inability to score despite overwhelming pressure.

Motherwell certainly don't deserve second based on today's game, but like so many have said we should have had 2nd sown up long before now. Post splits draws against caley and st j not good enough.

Still a great season though, great platform to build from going forward.

To be a little fairer on the ref - he was 40 yes away

Linesman and fourth official knew CLEARLY it was in the wrong place by a long distance.

The South was going ape and the main was also and our bench was pointing it out.

Yet neither had the guts to say anything. If the don't have the bravery inside them to make the call they should leave and let someone who can make the call.

The ref deserves decent support and he didn't get it. The foul is his fault but we seem to be blaming one official two others failed him as well

Sore one this, but being philosophical about it we drew too many games in the past few weeks and scored too few goals when we could've had 2nd sewn up. We've finished where we've deserved. If you can't score in a home match you get what's coming to you. It;s been a great season especially to have something still to play for up to the last day. Hope the players are hurting and use the experience to go better next season.

Thanks for a great season COYR!

Just home.

Really , really disappointed to lose itt at the final whistle.

It was a blatant foul on our soft as shite keeper, but the ref needs to be giving them. He didn't and it was the case the hole game as I felt he gave Motherwell all the 50-50 balls. McCalls words obviously worked on him.

That said, we didn't blow 2nd today, we blew it in all the games against relegated Hearts, in needless draws against Ross County, Inverness, St Johnstone when we've been the better team.

That's what has cost us. We should have been home and hosed long before the final game of the season.

You could say Motherwell have been more clinical and consistent this season in the league on the whole. The table doesn't lie.

The last quarter of the season will have given McInnes much food for thought as he'll know as well as we do that it's not really been good enough performance wise. We've struggles to break teams down who sit in against us and that's what has cost us.

Disappointing end to the season, but a vast improvement.

COYR!!

• Upvote 3

Thing is need to spend a lot of thinking about tactics, first team and squad in terms of your breaking down teams point.

If we are to further strengthen and improve this summer then we will have even more games to overcome where the opposition play for 0-0.

I am not a football genius but one thing like it or not is a targetman we trust so all the more shame that Vernon, Magennis and Zola are not working out.

Thing is need to spend a lot of thinking about tactics, first team and squad in terms of your breaking down teams point.

If we are to further strengthen and improve this summer then we will have even more games to overcome where the opposition play for 0-0.

I am not a football genius but one thing like it or not is a targetman we trust so all the more shame that Vernon, Magennis and Zola are not working out.

You don't have to be a genius tord, to see that the long punt up the field from Langfield to Rooney, Vernon or Zola doesn't work.

Also to know that we don't have someone with the nous to thread a clever ball through.

We lack creativity.

We have plenty of honest endevour, but creativity is lacking.

Willo Flood (as good as he's been in his debut season) and Ryan Jack are kings of the sideways pass and it's killed us.

Sore one this, but being philosophical about it we drew too many games in the past few weeks and scored too few goals when we could've had 2nd sewn up. We've finished where we've deserved. If you can't score in a home match you get what's coming to you. It;s been a great season especially to have something still to play for up to the last day. Hope the players are hurting and use the experience to go better next season.

Thanks for a great season COYR!

I know what your saying but for me, even taking the season as a whole we should be 2nd IMO. Can't believe we aren't.

'well barely have a positive goal difference for the whole season. So while we've drawn a few games where a win would have secured second, Motherwell haven't been that impressive themselves at times.

So it still hurts to lose to such a shambolic goal and one that never should have been allowed to stand, and in a game we completely dominated.

McCall comes out with the "it all evens out" pish and its twice as annoying. Such a stupid and meaningless bit of manager speak that - clearly it good or bad fortune does not even out, that would involve some bizarre karmic influence over the universe.

• Site Sponsor

Just home.

Really , really disappointed to lose itt at the final whistle.

It was a blatant foul on our soft as shite keeper, but the ref needs to be giving them. He didn't and it was the case the hole game as I felt he gave Motherwell all the 50-50 balls. McCalls words obviously worked on him.

That said, we didn't blow 2nd today, we blew it in all the games against relegated Hearts, in needless draws against Ross County, Inverness, St Johnstone when we've been the better team.

That's what has cost us. We should have been home and hosed long before the final game of the season.

You could say Motherwell have been more clinical and consistent this season in the league on the whole. The table doesn't lie.

The last quarter of the season will have given McInnes much food for thought as he'll know as well as we do that it's not really been good enough performance wise. We've struggles to break teams down who sit in against us and that's what has cost us.

Disappointing end to the season, but a vast improvement.

COYR!!

+1 there KSL.

Gutted to lose today in such a manner but we were in the driving seat and had been for some time before today's game.

Motherwell dropped points in recent matches and we didn't take full advantage.

Just a shame to be undone for second spot in the league by a very poor refereeing decision and as you say, it appears that McCall got into his head with the mind games before kick off.

We need to be able to put teams to the sword when we are on the ascendancy in matches and we didn't do that often enough in the run in.

Major improvement and large strides taken forward though.

COYR

Was a blatant foul on Langfield and I thought Motherwell deserved nothing from that game but in the grand scheme of things it means next to fuck all.

3rd and a cup this season after the last 15+ years of dross I've watched is more than enough of a good start.

McInnes has done wonders with this club in little over a season. With some good recruitment I don't think we'll have to be worrying about no mark teams like Motherwell. We'll be well clear in second and challenging for another trophy next season. Looking forward to it already.

Didn't think Motherwells keeper looked good at all. I thought he looked dodgey - shame we never tested him.

We are clueless in that final 3rd and this season that has cost us more than the goalkeeper position has

no? we had more shots on target than they did.

cant agree Motherwell deserved nothing - arguably they played the game plan they wanted. Defend and frustrate like hell and then hope to sneak a late goal. From the very off they wanted to frustrate and unsettle - even as far as swapping ends on kick off

The final substitution, bringing on McFadden with 15 mins to go for a defender was very predictable, in fact if two subs hadn't been made for injury I am sure we would have seen more attacking subs

Motherwell had a game plan - run us out of steam and hit us on the break - as others have said we are one dimensional and don't have a bench to change the game (though argueably as soon as McFadden game on and they went three at the back we should have put on ZOLA (and that was an error on McInnes' part.)

Motherwell fully deserved what they got - its what they played for

cant agree Motherwell deserved nothing - arguably they played the game plan they wanted. Defend and frustrate like hell and then hope to sneak a late goal. From the very off they wanted to frustrate and unsettle - even as far as swapping ends on kick off

The final substitution, bringing on McFadden with 15 mins to go for a defender was very predictable, in fact if two subs hadn't been made for injury I am sure we would have seen more attacking subs

Motherwell had a game plan - run us out of steam and hit us on the break - as others have said we are one dimensional and don't have a bench to change the game (though argueably as soon as McFadden game on and they went three at the back we should have put on ZOLA (and that was an error on McInnes' part.)

Motherwell fully deserved what they got - its what they played for

One of my few criticisms of McInnes is that it doesnt look like he is able to change a game. We play the same team week after week in the same formation and tend to stick to it for the 90s minutes. At best our changes are all like for like. Today we never changed anything

Not just subs but formation also. I thought Pawlett was marked out of the game today by one of their players. With Robson, Pawlett and Mcginn as the attacking three they really should have changed positions to opposite wings or mcginn sitting in behind vernon for a while. If pawlett had moved to the wings it would've confused the guy marking him and created some space.

One of my few criticisms of McInnes is that it doesnt look like he is able to change a game. We play the same team week after week in the same formation and tend to stick to it for the 90s minutes. At best our changes are all like for like. Today we never changed anything

Yep...I think MacInnes basically has no faith in the guys on the fringe of the squad, which will be proven by the whole lot of them being punted over the next couple of months. Essentially though, probably the safest way out of today was to play Well at their own game and stick another defender on for the last 10 and frustrate them. Not that I'm a fan of that tbh...but at least it displays adaptability. Its always made me sink a little when we've gone behind..generally it results in a defeat or draw. Theres never a good sign we'll score tonnes of goals, which is always frustrating given how many times we've dominated games and got fuck all.