Confirmed Signings/re-Signings

Its pretty apparent that McInnes thinks our first eleven is rock solid, and that in his mind all that was required was to pad the team, for a more consistent season. We were slow out of the blocks last season, and it could be argued it was due to a lot of starters being out for prolonged spells; once they came back, we're up to second, and storming through the cups. So you can understand to a degree why he thought we could match anyone at full strength; all we needed was better people ready to step in when Flood or Reynolds or Pawlett hurt their knee or whatever. Just a case really of whether the early rot lingers. I remember last year losing 3-1 to Partick, Then next week we beat Celtic. One thing I do know is we will win more than we will lose. Just I wanted to win so many we were in the running for the league.

If we beat thistle we will have the same points as last season after 4 games played and we had a pretty good points total at the end of the season... We should have played and beaten st mirren and already have 6 points.

I think we will sign another 2 players this window but even if we dont i think the squad at present is strong enough to finnish with at least the same total.

Heard today that one of our more promising youngsters is away to Brechin on loan.

Wright I think.

Would be very surprised if we choose to loan out a 17 year old

Weve a first team squad of 27 with only two on loan so far. 25 too much to keep everyone happy would fully expect 2-3 to go out on loan before the deadline. Especially a player like masson, perhaps Shaughnessey and maybe Storie

Masson completes his loan move to Brechin

If we beat thistle we will have the same points as last season after 4 games played and we had a pretty good points total at the end of the season... We should have played and beaten st mirren and already have 6 points.

I think we will sign another 2 players this window but even if we dont i think the squad at present is strong enough to finnish with at least the same total.

An optimistic take on proceedings chief...as long as we have a big clucking chicken between the sticks we will remain also rans...Fatty Broon was the next Snelders/Leighton and still Clangers was preferred...it absolutely stinks...

Ive never seen Brown play so ive no idea how good a keeper he is (or not) but i know that cheltenham lost 63 goals (-10) and finnished 17th in the english 3rd division last season. We only lost 37 and 11 of those were against Celtic.

Dont know the answer but if browns not pushing for no1 theres a reason for it.

Will update this post as we go through the close season. Players in order of ability in each position. Bold as first pick. We will go with the 4-2-3-1 at the moment as per our regular formation. Feel free to challenge opinions on pecking orders.

SQUAD 2014/15

Goalkeeper: Langfield, Brown

Right Back: Logan, Taylor, Shaughnessey, Jack, (Murray)
Centre Back ®: Anderson, Taylor, Considine, Shaughnesey
Centre Back (L): Reynolds, Considine
Left Back: Considine, Hayes, Logan, Robertson, Reynolds, Robson

Central Midfield: Jack, Flood, Low, Robson, Smith, (Storie)

Right Wing: McGinn, Pawlett, Hayes, Monakana, Goodwillie, Smith, Robson
Attacking Midfield: Pawlett, McGinn, Goodwillie, Smith
Left Wing: Hayes, McGinn, Monakana, Wright, Low, Robson,

Striker: Rooney, Goodwillie, McGinn, Shankland

Starting XI:

Langfield

Logan, Anderson, Reynolds, Considine

Jack Flood

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

subs: Brown, Taylor, Low, Robson, Smith, Goodwillie, Monakana
others: Shaughnessey, Murray, Robertson, Wright, Storie, Shankland
out on loan: Rogers, Masson, McManus

27 players make it into the first team official photo
http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/fans/4840.php?size=a

Would still expect a couple more to go out on Monday presumably on loan. Hopefully we can still get one or two in that can make a difference.

Taylor, Low and Goodwillie staked good claims for places today but still wouldn't say they are in the first picks - great to see competition though as for instance I would not want to see Low dropped for the next game so a good selection headache for McInnes.

We're no better than the average team that struggled along to the end of last season.

We're actually arguably worse seen as Robson is nowhere near as good as he was tail end of season (when he picked us up & carried us through) & we've now lost Anderson.

Goodwillie is a wasted signing if all it's done is fkd up Rooney's form.

Brown was a bench signing at best.

Taylor I am optimistic about but time will tell.

As a whole we're the same at very best & that SAME side has been totally figured out by all our opposition because McInnes is found wanting tactically.

The fact that McInnes has said he's likely not signing anyone else this window tells me he's failed this window.

This team as is will not finish second (closer to celtic either) & win another cup.