Aberdeen V Fc Groningen (0 - 0)

Fair points, like I say, I'm not at as many games, so anyone who sees more I'll listen to.

Disagree, factor in the opposition. I believe we do go out to win games but the opposition tend to stifle where as when we're away, they have to open up a bit. Maybe slow and laborious when we lack ideas or our threats are neutralised - exactly why we need another to play in the front three - to offer something different to the pace of PP/McGinn/Hayes and complement the craft of Robson.

Home form has been poor under DM. Boring 1 up front no matter who we are playing with our best attacking winger played as a fullback. It bit him in the arse on the last game of the season.

Were you scrapping?

Nope I went hame and hid my face under my birds arse nae lang before. Well done on getting the away ticket, be careful though :)

On topic, how shite is Langfields kit? It's horrible. Though I think he kept all of his kicks in the park last night.

Nope I went hame and hid my face under my birds arse nae lang before. Well done on getting the away ticket, be careful though :)

On topic, how shite is Langfields kit? It's horrible. Though I think he kept all of his kicks in the park last night.

Cheers, I'm glad you were munching her arse and I'll do my best to behave over there, chances are I'll be in a knot from tuesday to saturday.

Aye it's not a nice kit, also he was fucking hopeless lastnight, tried his best to give them a goal.

Can't believe some of the stick being dished out to players in this thread. The only things that stuck out for me were a little bit of a lack of cutting edge, poor delivery on set pieces and in the first half pawlett didn't track their right back a lot of the time. In saying that, it was a bit of cat and mouse with the right back and overall pawlett won that hands down. Thought their right back was lucky not to see two yellows over the course of the game.

As for the stick dished out to jack, flood, Robson, McGinn etc etc, some people have short memories. We've come a very long way from the shite we had under brown and McGhee and we just matched and probably overall bettered a very competent Dutch side. The reason we did that was our ability to hold on to the ball and build up attacks from the back. Jack in particular is very good at keeping possession and helping us probe for openings. I genuinely think he is one of our best players.

Don't agree with sticking on two strikers for the last 20. We might have scored but we'd also have opened ourselves up to the counter attack and conceding would have been a disaster. We've a great chance in the second leg at 0-0.

• Upvote 2

Flood is just ok, he does the breaking up play part very well but that is it. He certainly isn't a footballer or has a football brain. To me he is very meh.

Must agree. Very very frustrating watching him and Jack in a game like last night. It makes us seem worse than we actually are.

Methinks some folk don't understand the role of the CDM

Is Jack a CDM?

Flood is definitely a CDM, that's his forte.

Not so sure about Jack being a CDM, imo he's more a classic CM.

Just needs to add more forward passing / shooting to his game and he has the potential to be the best central midfielder to play for the Dons since Jim Bett.

Never read so much drivel in all of my life. Every time I come on to read match thoughts I end up thinking that only mongs must post on here. Apart from one or two posts the rest are absolute nonsense. People slating McGinn, Jack, Flood and McIness, remember what team you support, it's not Man Utd or Barcelona ffs. Players that play for us are going to have faults, or they wouldn't be playing for us. And as for our manager, he's doing a remarkable job, we control games and seldom look like getting beat what do yous want? If he were to have went 4-4-2 last night we'd probably have got hit on the counter. Anyway I'll leave you reprobates to argue and critisise! I'll concentrate on getting behind our team.

• Upvote 2

Never read so much drivel in all of my life. Every time I come on to read match thoughts I end up thinking that only mongs must post on here. Apart from one or two posts the rest are absolute nonsense. People slating McGinn, Jack, Flood and McIness, remember what team you support, it's not Man Utd or Barcelona ffs. Players that play for us are going to have faults, or they wouldn't be playing for us. And as for our manager, he's doing a remarkable job, we control games and seldom look like getting beat what do yous want? If he were to have went 4-4-2 last night we'd probably have got hit on the counter. Anyway I'll leave you reprobates to argue and critisise! I'll concentrate on getting behind our team.

My thoughts exactly - prob the same with every teams support - section of fans who are never happy unless they are slating the teams best players...and manager. I can't complain about anyone's performance on Thursday except McGinn. He's been ever present last season but plods about looking uninterested. If he put in the work rate Flood does he wouldn't be an Aberdeen player for much longer.