Mince And Tatties

tup

No, they are usually brown or burgundy. They have to look like you could buy them from a sub-continental stall at Kinross or Ingleston in around about 1984. The high level versions have tassels. I only threw in those tartan numbers for effect. I quite like them. I've got a suit made of a similar tartan to the blue ones.

They are usually a minker's only shoes. Court, wedding, funeral, getting into clubs that don't accept trainers.

Meanwhile back on topic - for LGIR

Would be very wary of a no herb policy like the Heralds recipe. I suspect she makes beef stock with a shit load of herbs in that to bring in the flavour plus the best of mince ground from hung steak. Definitely a no goer if your using shite mince which may, or may not have come from a leading german budget retailer!

Safest option - soften the onions first with oregano, then add a wee bit more plus basil (or mixed herbs, same difference) after browning the mince. One of those jelly stock cubes then perfectly acceptable for the stock bit.

As you were.

Oh and is it just me who used to consider the veritable paki slider as being the shoe of choice for those still struggling with laces?

Fuck aye, forgot the bay leaf!

Dried Rosemary might be a bit strong - going to have to try that just for the hell of it. (Complete tangent - I've a pal swears by having roast lamb on a sunday and then putting the roasted leftovers through the mincer for shepherds pie on the Monday. Says the kids go mad for it. Personally speaking I never seem to have any leftovers from the Sunday!)

WHAT THE FUCK are you cunts on

Mince n tatties is a much loved dish not to be fucked with by adding poofy fucking herbs and spices

LGIR here is all you need to know

1kg of mince - 1 onion chopped to your liking

water Preferebly scottish

and tatties

chuck onion in a pan and soften once softened chuck the mince in same pan (water should be put in another pan and started to boil the tatties)

once mince is browned cover with water and add bisto gravy granules

simmer for 10 mins or until tatties are cooked through

Carrots are also an option and can go in after the mince is browned

Pile the mash high on a plate and serve the mince next to it

Dig in

nae fucking herbs near it

Paki sliders, I had a black pair for secondary school I wore them in first year with terry toweling white socks the only sock for these sheen and the terry toweling had to be fluffy enough to ruffle up at the tongue

Mastrick loons knew how to look good

• Upvote 2

Here's my effort from the other night, tatties were cut a little smaller than usual as I was running late. It was really fine all you Lidl mince doubters.

EDIT, I've just noticed the offending carrier bag that led me to be accused of being a criminal and bad father has photo bombed the pic, will be having words with it later, fucking 6p, what a fucking liberty. :checkit:

001.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK are you cunts on

Mince n tatties is a much loved dish not to be fucked with by adding poofy fucking herbs and spices

LGIR here is all you need to know

1kg of mince - 1 onion chopped to your liking

water Preferebly scottish

and tatties

chuck onion in a pan and soften once softened chuck the mince in same pan (water should be put in another pan and started to boil the tatties)

once mince is browned cover with water and add bisto gravy granules

simmer for 10 mins or until tatties are cooked through

Carrots are also an option and can go in after the mince is browned

Pile the mash high on a plate and serve the mince next to it

Dig in

nae fucking herbs near it

Paki sliders, I had a black pair for secondary school I wore them in first year with terry toweling white socks the only sock for these sheen and the terry toweling had to be fluffy enough to ruffle up at the tongue

Mastrick loons knew how to look good

I'm with you all the way there CBS, apart from the tatties, in my experience you just boil them and chuck them on the plate, use the fork to mash into the mince, so no mash and no herbs if you're going traditional.

That's some full bodied mince right there, looks a fucking delight.

Onion a bit large for my personal tastes so for that reason and along with the non mashed tatties I would award this a respectable 8 1/2 out of 10.

I like big onion slices but respect your honest opinion.

I still maintain proper mince and tatties is when you mash the tatties with your fork, mash would give no texture.

I'm happy with the score though, thank you. :trophy:

Quite a coincidence with changing my interests to escaping justice as I've just had a call from my solicitor, charges dropped. :)

So fuuuuuuuuuuck you rocket. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I didn't really escape justice as I was never guilty in the first place but hey ho, who cares now.

They say money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you a great legal team. :)

• Upvote 1

That plate of mince looked perfectly acceptable to me dayts!

What crimes against society were you accused of committing!?

Not for the boards consumption though a couple folk on here know.

Copper was a wank, think the biggest problem was I told him as much, tried nailing me for more than the original thing I was arrested for. Four figure legal bill so no winners. Would have been cheaper pleading guilty but it came down to principle.

Main thing is you like my mince, cheers mannie. :)