Out Of Contract

22 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Stewart surely getting towards his mutual consent announcement.

Be a shocker if he returns for pre season next week

Based off his social media he’s on his honeymoon. Be a tad harsh to announce he’s been released in the middle of that. 

The English leagues are that stupid that someone will surely take a punt on him

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ollie1903 said:

It did, though. He fulfilled a dream to play for the Dons. If that was only once, then it worked out, but he got to do it 75 times. 

Appreciate your, and everyone else's kind words. Also can appreciate those that criticised some performances, as football divides opinions obviously.

Don't appreciate those that got personal, without even knowing the lad. They can go fuck themselves, the bitter cunts.

👍

Aye, I hope he gets a good club & gets the regular game time he needs, then he can look to “kick on”. 

4 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

It did, though. He fulfilled a dream to play for the Dons. If that was only once, then it worked out, but he got to do it 75 times. 

Appreciate your, and everyone else's kind words. Also can appreciate those that criticised some performances, as football divides opinions obviously.

Don't appreciate those that got personal, without even knowing the lad. They can go fuck themselves, the bitter cunts.

👍

I was purely meaning in terms of a new contract. You’re absolutely right though, all of it so true. I really wish Deano the very best for his future career. 

5 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

👍

Absolutely - he should be proud of what he's achieved - he did what most of us can only dream of, and 75 times at that is good going. 

Always came across as a humble, hard-working guy who gave his all whenever he had the opportunity. Hope he's successful in the rest of his career.

On 6/21/2023 at 7:58 AM, Dr_Manhattan said:

We need 2, maybe even 3 CHs as a priority.

Our mini revival last season was built on being hard to score against. With Pollock and an improving Scales now gone, we could be back to leaking goals in pretty short order.

On 6/21/2023 at 8:49 AM, Don_Corleone said:

Yes, I would love to see Scales back for continuity, as I don't think Pollock is going to return. If Scales does sign, we still need another first pick central defender alongside him and MacDonald, probably in the mould of Pollock, and we probably need an additional utility defender who can slot in when necessary and provide competition. I don't fancy using MacKenzie as the back up.

All well & good all the praise the defensive unit got since coming in January but they still managed to leak 5 goals (going on 10) on final day.

Maybe we can do better 🤔 rather than hope for ‘same’

7 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Absolutely - he should be proud of what he's achieved - he did what most of us can only dream of, and 75 times at that is good going. 

Always came across as a humble, hard-working guy who gave his all whenever he had the opportunity. Hope he's successful in the rest of his career.

Good luck to him. I hope he sees the starting 11 and the top of the table in league 2.

22 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

👍

Not sure how anybody could get personal with him. Genuinely seems like one of the most down to earth footballers I've come across. Could see his love for the club in every interview he did. 

Best of luck to him with his career going forward. Plenty time and opportunity to forge a very good career down south. 

• Upvote 10
  • Dildo 1

Aye. 

I don't understand the 'get to fuck' stuff that some come away with if they think someone isn't good enough especially if they've been good professionals and tried their best while they've been with us. 

The boy always tried his best and there's no reason to not wish him well. He's still young enough to kick on with more experience. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

I don't understand the 'get to fuck' stuff that some come away with if they think someone isn't good enough especially if they've been good professionals and tried their best while they've been with us. 

The boy always tried his best and there's no reason to not wish him well. He's still young enough to kick on with more experience. 

Aberdeen fans are yokel idiots, for the most part. 

He's one of our own...

It's not like he signed for the Zombies. He's a Dons fan and only ever wanted to play for his club which he did.

Was he the best player at the club ? No but the guy still has a chance to make a decent career for himself... But I refer to my first sentence. He's one of our own. If you've got a bad thing to say about him and you feel the need to say it in public you're just a bit of a cunt.

There's being honest and then there's being a cunt. You know who you are.

• Upvote 3

Back when i did volunteering for the community trust, I got to play co-op fifa with Bruce Anderson against another volunteer and Dean Campbell, cannot exaggerate how lovely they both were, but in regards to Dean, can’t understand people not wishing him well. An outstanding example of how to handle yourself as an Aberdeen player, just so kind. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
2 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Quite surprised there’s been no announcement on Anthony Stewart yet.

Was on his hooneymoon recently based off his social media

Be shocked if he's still an AFC player by the start of the new season

Either release him or find a club down south that's dumb enough to take him

55 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

I think Dean Campbell is a player that needs games, hope he gets them at Barrow, in central midfield, and has a great career as there’s ability there.

Any news on McLennan?

He's underrated. 

Argument to be made he's not AFC standard perhaps (or the standard we're aiming for), but in the scheme of SPFL players he's not out of his depth in the Scottish top flight. 

He'll be back at the likes of Killie in a few years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Quite surprised there’s been no announcement on Anthony Stewart yet.

Why? We certainly won't be allowing him to leave until there are enough replacements in the door. 

Remember what happened last season when Goodwin allowed Bates to leave fairly late on in the transfer window but didn't then manage to get a replacement in the door. Meant we had to go with Stewart and Scales as our first choice CH pairing with only McCrorie as a back up option and knowing as a bare minimum that Scales wouldn't be able to face Celtic.

• Site Sponsor
On 6/23/2023 at 12:18 PM, ollie1903 said:

👍

Top post.

wish the Loon all the best and hope he kicks on and enjoys his football

• Upvote 4
  • Site Sponsor
On 6/23/2023 at 10:07 PM, Crashnyploshnit said:

Campbell has signed for Barrow. Reached his level now. Nice lad but shocking footballer.

Fucking Hell.

Just shows that those from Canada know fuck all about football.

Shocking footballer?

You clearly haven’t a clue.

Deano is technically a very good player who can pick a pass.

At least he got to live the dream for 75 games (to date).

All the best to the lad.

• Upvote 6

Clearly the club have the same opinion as myself as they didn’t renew his contract. Remember he only got a few games at each of the two clubs he was sent out to on loan so they too felt he was only there as a makeweight player. The happy clappers on here are not seeing him for what he is. Nice lad but not good enough for our requirements. It hasn’t worked out for him with us. Hopefully, he can earn a decent chance at Barrow.

1 hour ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Clearly the club have the same opinion as myself as they didn’t renew his contract. Remember he only got a few games at each of the two clubs he was sent out to on loan so they too felt he was only there as a makeweight player. The happy clappers on here are not seeing him for what he is. Nice lad but not good enough for our requirements. It hasn’t worked out for him with us. Hopefully, he can earn a decent chance at Barrow.

"Not good enough for our requirements" is perhaps true if we're looking to push on to a higher level. "Shocking footballer" as you said in your previous post is complete nonsense though. 

• Upvote 1